The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sheaffer Pfm2 Review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:46

Hi everyone

time for a sheaffer review

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

enjoy

regards

georges
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Sponsored Content

#2 Ondina

Ondina

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:14

Wonderful pen and review, George. Congratulations. Of the ones I've had the fortune to briefly test, the nibs fo the original Legacy were as responsive as the PFM (II and V). It was surprising to find that although fatter, the PFM was of the same size than the Imperial, if not shorter.

#3 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 19:44

Congratulations. I prefer steel capped PFMs like this one and find them very rerpsentative of the Cold War era.

#4 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 14:03

Nice pen. However, the nib is not a Triumph nib; it is an inlaid nib.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#5 TechWriter

TechWriter

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 15:12

Hi,

PFM II is really a fine fountain pen. I also have a blue barrel, metal cap copy with a medium nib. It's one of my best writers. Mine is from 1962 and I also have a fine nib black with steel trim PFM I (1960) which makes a nice design impression. And my burgundy PFM III is a nice writer, but the plastic cap came with a few chips at the top of the cap, which, I assume, is common for a 1959 plastic cap. Have thought of getting IV and V PFMs but my PFM acquisition syndrome is satisfied with the three I have.

Best,
Andy

Sponsored Content

|