Diamine Pumpkin

Signum1

I just received this ink today, and I've got to say, I'm loving this orange. It behaves nicely on half decent paper, the colour is strong enough to show very nicely even in an EF pen, and it's bright enough to be obviously orange without being neon, per se.

Overall, if you're looking for an orange, or even just a unique colour, this would be a wonderful ink to try.

Edit: Oh, and very nice review, by the way! I love the handwriting. And the ink definitely does have the "nib crud", but like said below, it's pretty much harmless... that is, if you don't mind getting a (good) bit of ink on your hands!

Edited by Khranos

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• Geoff V

• Bloch

• Khranos

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review and fantastic ink. I think that if anybody ever asked me which ink's colour I thought best looked like the name given to it (or, again, the other way around), I'd automatically shout Pumpkin. Of course, Poppy or Syrah would also fill the bill, but others, like Midnight Blue or Twilight Blue certainly wouldn't. IMO.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Remember that like many bright oranges, Pumpkin is one which will develop "nib crud" if allowed to evaporate in a pen with a safety breather hole in the cap. It is harmless, wipes off easily and dissolves readily in water.

I realized nib crud with Pumpkin on my Lamy Vista - but it washes out easily. If you clean your pen regularly (e.g. once a month) this is not really a problem. See the positive side: Every cleaning is a chance to change the ink :)

"If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat." Douglas Adams

Very nice review. You have excellent hand writing.

I have a sample of this ink but haven't inked it up yet. I think I'll throw it in one of my pens tomorrow!

May your ways be green and golden, and the wind be at your back.

Nice review and fantastic ink. I think that if anybody ever asked me which ink's colour I thought best looked like the name given to it (or, again, the other way around), I'd automatically shout Pumpkin. Of course, Poppy or Syrah would also fill the bill, but others, like Midnight Blue or Twilight Blue certainly wouldn't. IMO.

Mike

Heh, I think you might be forgetting "Diamine Oxblood".

Heh, I think you might be forgetting "Diamine Oxblood".

Sorry, how true!!

• 1 month later...

very interesting color , looks close to pr tangerine dream

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 3 months later...

I have been using the wonderful Pumpkin ink in my new Levenger "Foliage" pen, and just this morning discovered the crud on the nib. I was really disappointed, because I totally love that color. But since reading the posts in this thread, the ones that say that although there is crud on the nib, the ink does not clog the pen, I will give it another try... in a Preppie. For me, the Levenger is an expensive pen, and I don't want to muck it up. But I don't mind experimenting with a Preppie Pen. I really do love that Pumpkin ink!

Question Reality

Don't worry about the crud. That has no influence on clogging. Crudding is experienced with many reddish inks. And Diamines -- even if they sometimes show crudding like here -- have caused AFAIK absolutely no clogging. I love and use Pumpkin a lot, together with Poppy and Wild Strawberry. As of yet, never any problems of any sort...

Mike

Okay, Mike, I'll give it another try. I had cleaned the pen and refilled it with Edelstein Mandarin, but the Mandarin is not quite as bold as I'd like. I'll give the Pumpkin another try. Thanks. Ooo... Poppy and Wild Strawberry.. I'll have to check those out; the colors those names call to mind are truly lovely! I'm off to Goulet Pens' sample pages!

Question Reality