Twsbi Barrel

watch_art

Has anybody else noticed that the end of the barrel where it and the filler knob meets is rolled out or sticks out a funny bit? Is it just me?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5045227724_e9a4b11c07_b.jpg006 by watch_art2010, on Flickr

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• WillSW

• Vincent1278

• Lorna Reed

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got my TWSBI yesterday, but I haven't noticed it and can't see anything like that.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

I bought a TWSBI, used it for a few weeks, shrugged, and sold it. Not a bad pen, but fit and finish are sacrificed to give us a $40 piston-filler. Good pen, though.

I did notice that among other issues like putting the piston back together just right so the knob doesn't stick out or the piston isn't too far down...ugh

Edited by Vincent1278

Regards,

Vince

amateur vintage pen fixer and nib tuner

I guess...if I stare at it until such a minuscule thing is noticeable to my eye. I am a day or two away from disassembling and re-assembling in order to change the seal, we'll see how troublesome I find that area. A little difficulty putting the pen back together perfectly doesn't seem like that big of an issue, given that the ability to rather easily take apart the pen isn't a usual feature.

Has anybody else noticed that the end of the barrel where it and the filler knob meets is rolled out or sticks out a funny bit? Is it just me?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5045227724_e9a4b11c07_b.jpg006 by watch_art2010, on Flickr

When you mate a round object against a faceted object, there is going to be a difference like you are seeing. The other alternative would be if the filler knob was larger in diameter and the effect would be reversed...

IT's only like that at one side though. It's not that it looks bigger, it looks like it's been curled out. Like if you were to use such force that it mushroomed out, while screwing the knob down. I'm not worried about it, just wondered if mine was the only one. It was like that when I got it. Doesn't bother me. But I did just finish another video showing how to adjust the piston rod so it doesn't hit the inside of the filler knob.

IT's only like that at one side though. It's not that it looks bigger, it looks like it's been curled out. Like if you were to use such force that it mushroomed out, while screwing the knob down. I'm not worried about it, just wondered if mine was the only one. It was like that when I got it. Doesn't bother me. But I did just finish another video showing how to adjust the piston rod so it doesn't hit the inside of the filler knob.

Care to share a link to the video?