I've Joined The Family Of Pelikan Owners!

mr_inky

:D :D

I won a MIB M600 on ebay last night!! It's green striped and I can't wait!!

The sticker on the pen shows it has a medium nib. So I have a question for you Pel owners: Will Chartpac do a nib swap if I've dipped the nib to see how the medium writes? I've also thought about having them just go ahead and swap it out for something like a OM nib. Thoughts??

Optimists are always disapointed when things don't work out. Pesimists never are since they expected it. That's why pesimists are happier.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr_inky

• KCat

• Manix_08

• Titivillus

:D  :D

I won a MIB M600 on ebay last night!!  It's green striped and I can't wait!!

The sticker on the pen shows it has a medium nib.  So I have a question for you Pel owners:  Will Chartpac do a nib swap if I've dipped the nib to see how the medium writes?  I've also thought about having them just go ahead and swap it out for something like a OM nib.  Thoughts??

Don't they have to let you swap it after a dip? Afterall, one can't tell how big the line is until the pen has been dipped! :lol:

congrats! I really don't know. They're pretty flexible and I would imagine you could switch it out.

If not, consider posting an even trade with someone on the board - though you can't always be sure what you're getting with that.

But I bet Nancy or Kathy will work with you on this. Especially as it is MIB.

I'm guessing that since you posted here that I'm not the only one who can't get to RS forums? Is everyone getting that "programming error" or something like that? I can get to my messages, but not the forums.

I *really* wish someone could get in touch with Avery and get admin privileges there.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Guest DRichard1

Yup... getting the same error in RS...

Mr_inky... why don't you call Chartpac before you dip ? Tell them you dipped already ;)

Denis.

Mr_inky... why don't you call Chartpac before you dip ? Tell them you dipped already ;)

Denis.

Would anyone have the phone # & contact name for Chartpac?

Thanks!

Once I get the pen I'll give them a call and ask about conditions on nib exchanges.

This pen has the warranty papers too.

Excitement builds!!!! :P

Optimists are always disapointed when things don't work out. Pesimists never are since they expected it. That's why pesimists are happier.

KCat,

Thanks for the phone #. I'll give them a call when I get the pen.

I looked at the nib chart at Swisher Pens & I'm really leaning towards the OM nib. Looks to be a finer line than the M and gives some line variation.

:D

Hey Mr. I.

Some variation - but not much. At least the one that I tried. Pelikan and MB obliques are designed more for the person who rotates their pen CCW than for line variation. Better than none I suppose. OTOH, I was able to modify an OM to a rather sharp OF of my own. I will confess to being picky about this though - I like a little "edge" on my stubs and obliques and a little less angle than the standard 15-degrees. It's still a nice nib and there still is a bit more "feedback" from it than from a standard nib. Worth trying. If I had a gold OM stock I'd loan it to you. but I don't :(

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Contact Nancy Kopec at 1-800-628-1910

She and Kathy (repair technician) are both great to work with.

Sent an e-mail from the chartpac web site and got a reply from Nancy. The only part that throws a kink in getting the nib replaced was the part about including a copy of the waranty and proof of purchase.

Please send in a traceable manner (FedX, UPS, Registered mail).  Include a brief description of the repair work required, daytime phone number, copy of warranty and proof of purchase.

Got the warranty paper although it is stuck together. <_<

The pen still has the nib sticker on it and it hasn't been inked.

Supose I can claim it was a gift. :rolleyes:

How could I forget!! :o

The Pelikan showed up today!! :D :D

I LOVE IT!! It's the green stripped M600 and is just the right size in my hand. It really has a nice feel to it. Got a great price on it to boot!

Now I can see why everyone loves their Pelikans!

Supose I can claim it was a gift. :rolleyes:

okay... don't say who toldja... but they aren't terribly picky from what I can tell. That's more their standard gotta-say-it thing.

KCat

I think I'll send them the pen with a letter explaining that it was a gift. The nib sticker is still on the pen so it is obviously new. I'll tell 'em that KCat said it was OK! ;)

Well, my 600 is off to Chartpak for a nib swap to an OM. Can't wait to get it back to try it out! Hopefully it won't take too long!

Going into withdrawl. Must get pen back soon. Can't hold on much longer. Oh, the pain. Oh, the humanity. :(

Denis.

Just read the warranty ifo with my Berlin and it says they will change out the nib 4 weeks after purchase. Nothing about how clean the nib ius.

Denis.

Just read the warranty ifo with my Berlin and it says they will change out the nib 4 weeks after purchase. Nothing about how clean the nib ius.

Well, the worst they could do is say no & send it back. <_<