What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

How come you guys keep the tags on the pen (nib size's)?

In case I flip the pen, I can still say everything is "complete". If you peel off the label, it's "incomplete"

That distinction has always struck me as odd, because

. sometimes even pens from the MB boutique are missing a sticker, and

. I have seen some most definitely well-used pens with the crusty sticker still on them!

Argh. my statement has mentioned nothing about the condition of the pen - it can be in mint/NOS state or full of scratches. It's whether the pen is complete with all expected bits and pieces or not.

If the sticker is missing from a boutique's freshly unsealed piece, then I would ask them to give me another one with the full compliment. We do pay for premium shopping at a boutique and they'd better deliver. :thumbup:

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My latest MB addition is the Oscar Wilde, which had been sealed and virginal in the packaging for 16 years until two minutes after it landed here!!! M nib, now filled with Visconti Bordoeaux. I've never opened a brand new/old pen before - the only other MB I bought new I tried in the Boutique in Wales.......and that was the same year as the Wilde was made........hey! I just realised that! :eureka:

I take the nib size sticker off the pen and stick it on the box - so it isn't lost, but just isn't on the pen.

I do have a couple more MBs coming soon - but until they are here and inked they shall remain 'out there'!!!

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

My latest MB addition is the Oscar Wilde, which had been sealed and virginal ...

Good Lord, is everybody out to make me envious tonight? : )

Well, it is good to know that I still have the passion for pens in me. I am so looking forward to getting a Wilde, and perhaps an Agatha some day.

My latest MB addition is the Oscar Wilde, which had been sealed and virginal ...

Well, it is good to know that I still have the passion for pens in me. I am so looking forward to getting a Wilde, and perhaps an Agatha some day.

We must remember that one person's loss is another's gain.

I am thrilled Chris is enjoying the Wilde and I am thrilled to be a proud Dumas carrier!

The Wilde is a most lovely pen.

It is beautiful but also "masculine". :unsure:

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

Just scored a barely used Resin Starwalker Rollerball for $110... Is that a good deal or is that normal?

Bargain!

Mark Twain (F), currently inked with MB Midnight Blue.

What a nice pen! I've arranged a deal to get mine. I will get a fine nib as well; to me they write much, much better compared to the usual medium ones.

My latest MB purchase were:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/P1010016-1.jpg

• Bohème Silver Bleu (Sterling Silver with sapphire colored stone) which came with a stub like OM nib
  • late 1980's Florence pen pouch in black (fake croco for one pen) and
  • very recent Montblanc Unicef pen pouch for one pen

All was bought reasonable priced at last weekend's Tilburg pen show.

Cheers

Michael

PS:

My most recent MB purchase was a MB Selection wallet. I enjoy it every day.

Pen wise, it's the gorgeous Voltaire, M, filled with Pelikan BB and in the rotation.

The wallet is nice but I really like the Voltaire; simple and elegant looks and vermeille trim ... and one of the pens I don't have (yet) :embarrassed_smile:

Just scored a barely used Resin Starwalker Rollerball for $110... Is that a good deal or is that normal?

That's a pretty good deal

Bargain!

Alright, sweet! Wasn't interested in a starwalker at all but i surprisingly won the bid. Thanks for the info guys!

Edited by Ferrarimk13

I just bought a stunning MB OBB 134 with clear celluloid barrel.

I have not yet it but she's coming to me.......

:puddle: I'm waiting for it!!!!

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

We must remember that one person's loss is another's gain.

I am thrilled Chris is enjoying the Wilde and I am thrilled to be a proud Dumas carrier!

The Wilde is a most lovely pen.

It is beautiful but also "masculine". :unsure:

Hi Shrinknib!

I forgot to say my Wilde was part of a trade with you - and I do love it - and don't think it particularly 'masculine' but then I do like big pens! The M nib writes like a B to me, by the way - and I am delighted that we both got a new MB for the cost of the overnight shipping!

Now to wait for the incoming pair of lovelies!!! Hastening slowly, no doubt! :ltcapd:

Make it count!!!

Mama Mia!!! You have a wonderful pen to come! Please show it and how it writes when it is in your hands! :notworthy1:

Make it count!!!

Mama Mia!!! You have a wonderful pen to come! Please show it and how it writes when it is in your hands! :notworthy1:

Sure!

I will take some pics and try to write at my best! B)

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

Finally my Grail Pen has come to me!

Mont Blanc Alexandre Dumas!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Last week I got a barely used 149 with an 18c fine nib. This week I got one of the few remaining new Thomas Mann writers edition pens, and today the beautiful George Bernard Shaw writers edition which I bought from 'bsodmike' arrived. I am very happy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A work in Progress!

Meistertück Pouch 2 pieces. Perfect size but, in my opinion, not the best design

Edited by Faulkner