What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

Thank you very much Idazle, i am not sure what to do with the pencil, i can´t see myself using it very much.

I would keep it and try to use it. I buy Pelikan sets because I love their old 450 pencils so much. Those old 1.1mm pencils are so much nicer to use than today's mechanical pencils.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After some reluctancy, I recently started to use a 1935 Wahl-Eversharp Doric pencil with a 1.15 mm lead, and against all expectations got used to it very quickly, Nice for taking short notes, underlining sentences while reading, etc.Scripts done with these pencils have a vintage air about them. People keep looking at my pencil! ;-)

That is an a excellent idea (and sounds like a very nice pencil)

Love that pouch!!! I wouldn't clean it too much as it could lose its "patina"

Yes it looks very old, but it´s nice and soft. I might just leave it as it is.

Edited by farmdogfan

I would keep it and try to use it. I buy Pelikan sets because I love their old 450 pencils so much. Those old 1.1mm pencils are so much nicer to use than today's mechanical pencils.

You and Idazle have convinced me to start using it, thanks.

Thanks to Francis " Fountainbel " I was able to get this MB 149 1957 with Mnib , the writing quality is much better than the Ipad picture quality.

post-102554-0-33810200-1378076255_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-38876800-1378076288_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-21694400-1378076366_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-67426500-1378076385_thumb.jpg

post-102554-0-45376600-1378076756_thumb.jpg

Edited by Opooh

Thanks to Francis " Fountainbel " I was able to get this MB 149 1957 with Mnib , the writing quality is much better than the Ipad picture quality.

Congrats on the vintage 149 w/ silver rings, that is one of my "grail" pens.

Regards,

Vincenzo

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

i got myself another 142 green striated plus a 172 pencil, they came as a set.

The 142 is allmost identical to the first one i got, it´s also got the flat feed, the only difference is nib size, the first is EF and the "new" one is F.

fpn_1377948116__gs2.jpg

fpn_1377948133__gs5.jpg

Congrats on the new acquisition, it's beautiful. If only they made a green striated 149, if only.....

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Congrats on the new acquisition, it's beautiful. If only they made a green striated 149, if only.....

Thanks, and yes that would be something.

Edited by farmdogfan

Very nice pen Opooh, one of my absolute favourite pens (and i hope to get one someday).

By the way, would it not be an early (before 1955) 149 because of the flat feed?

Edited by farmdogfan

One question for the nib-buffs here: I noticed on taking the close shot of the nib, that the standard "18K" lettering doesn't appear at all. Just Au750. Is this something to be worried about, or are there differences in the lettering on new 149s?

"Au750" is the European designation for 18 karat. Au is the chemical symbol for gold. Twenty-four karat is pure gold, so 18/24 = 18 karat, Au750 is the same. A similar designation is used for silver.

"Au750" is the European designation for 18 karat. Au is the chemical symbol for gold. Twenty-four karat is pure gold, so 18/24 = 18 karat, Au750 is the same. A similar designation is used for silver.

18/24= 750/1000.

Cheers! The correlation between 18K and Au750 (and 14K = 585, etc) was not the problem. It was more the fact, that I had never seen a size 9 nib imprint with that design before and managed to get my self worried ;)

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray