What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

What I have heard is that MB always force the authorised dealers to fulfill to there display requirements. Most of them are willing to do that ...

Yeah I know, it's kind of a love/hate thing I guess for some shops. It's great to have all this stuff on display, and I heard they get a nice bonus if they sell x amount of type x. But it's not so great to have your entire store filled with items if they don't sell so well. Neither for the store nor for MB in a business perspective.

Hadn't thought of this particular case, that someone wouldn't agree (anymore) with the conditions MB has set for their display items :)

I can imagine this happening in the current recession, when displaying a lot of high value pens in the display window, a lot of people probably just walk away after just one small glimpse at the prices.

I'm afraid this is the case with a lot of people who aren't into this 'hobby'. I seldom talk to anyone about my pens, but sometimes it comes up in a conversation, and I can just feel some people are interested but think 'fountain pens aren't for me' when they discover what a 149 costs for example. I think this especially causes a shop to lose some sales, because MB markets their stuff so aggressively as benchmark products, other rather nice products get overshadowed by this idea.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting point you are raising there.

I think it will workout this way as you have described for the small shops.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Of course, don't forget to include pictures if you can; there is nothing more we like here than pictures of Montblanc pens B)

Great acquisition, congrats. I will echo Pavoni, please do post some pictures. :W2FPN:

I have now realised how bad I am at photographing pens! But here are my first attempts :)

post-106340-0-12815000-1377866451_thumb.jpg

post-106340-0-28184700-1377866456_thumb.jpg

post-106340-0-79294500-1377866460_thumb.jpg

post-106340-0-79981100-1377866468_thumb.jpg

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray

I have now realised how bad I am at photographing pens! But here are my first attempts :)

Thanks for sharing.

If those are your first attempts I foresee a good future for this forum.

Nice and clear handwriting!

Appelboom

Thanks for sharing.

If those are your first attempts I foresee a good future for this forum.

Nice and clear handwriting!

Cheers! Handwriting is clear and legible, that's true (even my teachers back in the good old days at school were happy with it), need to get a lot more fluidity in it though. Time and practice will hopefully make - if not perfect - at least better.

One question for the nib-buffs here: I noticed on taking the close shot of the nib, that the standard "18K" lettering doesn't appear at all. Just Au750. Is this something to be worried about, or are there differences in the lettering on new 149s?

Thanks for any ideas,

Rob

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.

Cheers! Handwriting is clear and legible, that's true (even my teachers back in the good old days at school were happy with it), need to get a lot more fluidity in it though. Time and practice will hopefully make - if not perfect - at least better.

One question for the nib-buffs here: I noticed on taking the close shot of the nib, that the standard "18K" lettering doesn't appear at all. Just Au750. Is this something to be worried about, or are there differences in the lettering on new 149s?

Thanks for any ideas,

Rob

Your nib is the new nib format.

Since approx June/July 2013 they changed the style.

Appelboom

Your nib is the new nib format.

Since approx June/July 2013 they changed the style.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Nice one Robert. Thanks for the super treat to start our weekend :) Congratulations again on a great pen and a great introduction to the forum.

Pavoni.

I just won this on eBay for $640, what do you guys think? Good price? Pen condition seems good but difficult to say due to no close-ups

http://bit.ly/19TODy3

Edited by mrchan

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

I just won this on eBay for $640, what do you guys think? Good price? Pen condition seems good but difficult to say due to no close-ups

http://bit.ly/19TODy3

I was watching that one, nice to see a member of the FPN get it. I'd say you got it for a very fair price.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Reasonable price, it's the special edition without the correct box and papers... I got mine for similar price but with correct box and papers, but that was several years ago.

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

i got myself another 142 green striated plus a 172 pencil, they came as a set.

The 142 is allmost identical to the first one i got, it´s also got the flat feed, the only difference is nib size, the first is EF and the "new" one is F.

fpn_1377948080__gs1.jpg

fpn_1377948098__gs3.jpg

fpn_1377948116__gs2.jpg

fpn_1377948133__gs5.jpg

Edited by farmdogfan

The 142 is allmost identical to the first one i got, it´s also got the flat feed, the only difference is nib size, the first is EF and the "new" one is F.

fpn_1377948080__gs1.jpg

fpn_1377948098__gs3.jpg

fpn_1377948116__gs2.jpg

fpn_1377948133__gs5.jpg

Wow, congrats on another beautiful acquisition.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

fpn_1377948080__gs1.jpg

Congratulations on the beautiful pens.

Classic, classic, classic.

What pouch is it that they are in?

Inked

Thank you Inked, the pouch has´nt got any names or logos on it, so i don´t know much about it, but it is perfect for a 142 and the 172.

It might need some cleaning though.

fpn_1377963511__mbp1.jpg

fpn_1377963524__mbp.jpg

Edited by farmdogfan

Thank you very much Idazle, i am not sure what to do with the pencil, i can´t see myself using it very much.

After some reluctancy, I recently started to use a 1935 Wahl-Eversharp Doric pencil (1.15 mm leads), and against all expectations got used to it very quickly, Nice for taking short notes, underlining sentences while reading, etc.Scripts done with these pencils have a vintage air about them. People keep looking at my pencil! ;-)

Edited by idazle

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

Love that pouch!!! I wouldn't clean it too much as it could lose its "patina"

Edited by idazle

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu