What Parkers Are You Working With Today?

NABodie

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NABodie

• Tom Aquinas

• Rockyrod

• Gerd W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- P51 midnight blue aero, medium octanium nib...Akkerman's Binnenhof

- P51 forest green, medium gold nib as backup: Akkerman's Nassau Blue

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

Parker 45 flighter with black tassie as my everyday, reliable pen and more than ordinary Parker Vactor for underlying during reading. Others are resting for a while. ;)

EDIT: Double Post...whoops :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by Tom Aquinas

Duofold International F (Black & Pearl) w/Noodler's Blue Eel

"51" 1947 F (Cordovan Brown) w/Parker Penman Mocha

Vacumatic 1946 M or B (Black/Gold) w/Parker Quink Microfilm Black

75 Flighter M w/Parker Quink Blue-Black

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Parker 45 Flighter/GT M nib (2007 date code) and a Parker I.M. (Dust 2011 Limited Ed) F nib

I am surprised at how nice the Fine nib is on the I.M.

Dove Grey US made aeromatic Parker 51 (circa 1949 manf) M nib, Gold Filled cap, Quink Blue Black. Curiously tis has a dark lustreroy jewel.

Parker IM Shiny Chrome w M nib. Quink Blue.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

Vacumatic 1946 M or B (Black/Gold) w/Parker Quink Microfilm Black

A fine year, as it is my Mom's birth year.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

P75 Flighter, #98 nib, Pilot Blue/Noodlers X-Feather mix (8:1)

P45 Flighter, M nib, Lamy Blue/Black (old formulation)

P51 leftovers converted to cart., F nib, Sailor Sky High

Black barreled, Stainless capped, Parker VP with F nib. I bought this new in 1970 from the Parker state HQ (oh for the old days when you got on the spot service from the company not agents).

Been working on a restoration of a striped vacumatic Parker Duofold the last day or so. Here's a portrait with its big brother, a blue Senior from 1945. The recently restored dusty red in front is a Junior from 1940. I love the celluloids on these pens and the other Parker Vacs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38215967/Striped%20Duofolds.jpg

Edited by risingsun

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

• 4 years later...

• 1971 Parker 75 Arrow 14K F nib (bought new in 1971) just cleaned

1941 Parker Vacumatic 'Silver Pearl' Blue Diamond Double Jewel (inherited) with Speedline filler

• Waterman Ideal Exclusive Black Lacquer 18K nib fountain pen.
  • Waterman Man 200 Rhapsody Fiber Tip Mineral Green rollerball.
  • Set: '72 Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe GT Fountain  Pen + '78 Parker 180 Flighter CT Floating Ball / Fiber Tip. 
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Ring Cap, Sheaffer 2d & 3d Gen Pens.

The only Parkers that I'm using today are a couple of desk pens, the two in the foreground in the picture below.

Inked_Desk_Pens.jpg

From left to right the pens are:

Parker 51 desk pen, the sticker on the bottom of the base looks brand-new and identifies the model as 309D with "51" pen, $17.50. The pen is an aerometric filler and is in excellent condition.

The pen in the background was put there because it isn't a Parker. It is a Sheaffer Touchdown and, unlike the Parker desk pens, it screws into the holder. This provides a very good seal and prevents ink evaporation when the pen stands unused for extended periods. However, the tight friction fit of the Parker design seals just as well and is a lot easier to insert and remove from the holder. Writing performance of all three pens is quite close, but I would give a slight nod to Parker for ease of use.

Parker 45 desk pen in a home-made base. (I didn't make it, this was an eBay find.) The brown pen came without a converter so I put a modern piston converter into it. This pen too is in excellent condition as well as being a very good writer. Better than the 51, actually.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

A flat top big red Duofold, a black Duofold NS and a dark (forest?) green Duofold AF.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Hi, Using my only Sonnet, with some Cross bottled ink that I can buy in a local shop.