What Parkers Are You Working With Today?

NABodie

Ok lets see em! Which Parkers are you using today?

I have these two in my shirt today:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/4845268082_a77873002c_b.jpg

Grey 51 is 1Q 42 filled with Waterman Blue/Black

Nassau is 1Q 45 filled with Diamine Sapphire Blue.

Both are fine nibed.

Edited by NABodie

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NABodie

• Tom Aquinas

• Rockyrod

• Gerd W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unusually I haven't got a P51/P61, so I'm reduced to having

1. Parker Sonnet Chrome Finish, CT, with a stainless BI nib, Herbin scented Violet ink (which I can't smell but others can)
  2. Parker Duofold Centennial, Pearl & Black, BI nib, Parker Permanent Green Quink from the 1980's.

No photos, camera is somewhere safe at the moment. I just wonder where 'Safe' is...

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by richardandtracy

I have currently two Parkers inked:

1. A 1943 golden pearl Vacumatic Debutante.

2. A 1970 Parker 51 MKIII in Vista Blue.

These are my standbys at work:

-1946 Canadian Vac 51, black with lustraloy cap, Mont Blanc Blue-Black

-1947 Demi Vac 51, black with lustraloy, Waterman Florida Blue

Some days I'll bring others in just for fun, but these two are my workhorses.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while...

The deskpen is a "51" Aero on a Magnetix base with a fine nib using Quink Blue/Black (although the nib is so fine that it tends to look more Black than Blue)

Today's shirtpen fp is a Cedar Blue "51" Aero with a fine/medium nib, same ink, Lustraloy cap. Yesterday's was a fine nibbed Cordovan Aero with a gold cap.

Parker 45 Flighter with a Gel refill (for the crossword puzzle, Jumble & Sudoku on the train)

- Black 1940 Vac Senior with a retipped CI nib. Filled with Aurora Black.

It is one of my best-writing pens, but I would hate to lose it, so I don't carry it outside the house or office too often.

- Parker 51 Flighter, filled with Diamine Red Dragon.

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Carrying two in my pocket:

1. Jack Knife Safety Model 20 turban top BHR.

2. Slimfold with a Richard Binder stub.

On my desk is a 1946 Parker 51 Vac desk set with a fine nib.

Edited by John Danza

A 1990s vintage Black Duofold Centennial with a medium italic nib filled with Tanzanite.

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries

Golden Web

Black Challenger

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

At last someone who carries a black duofold centennial. I can't believe everyone doesn't have one within arms reach at all times. Thanks Mickey. I also prefer the black duofold with gold raised bands and a med nib with a mix of noodlers red black and parker black

Plum 51 fine with Noodlers Nightshade.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

The depth of my addiction is revealed.....

On the desk today are:

Oversized Silver Pearl Vac with a monstrous flex

Golden Pearl Maxima (a typical Parker nail nib)

Silver Pearl Major with Jeweler's Band and a sweet slightly oblique cursive italic

DJ 51

SJ 51

Pelikan 600 (how'd that get here?)

so many pens, so little time.......

Just received today: 1947 P51 cordovan/GF converging, med nib with a wet line. Herbin blue myosotis ink.

Kind of sounds like car nuts talking, doesn't it? (Just no toxic chemicals involved)

David Armstrong

• antiques for readers & writers •

http://www.restorersart.com

Sevanti Letterpress

• guaranteed fountain pen friendly •

http://www.sevanti-letterpress.com

At last someone who carries a black duofold centennial. I can't believe everyone doesn't have one within arms reach at all times. Thanks Mickey. I also prefer the black duofold with gold raised bands and a med nib with a mix of noodlers red black and parker black

Hey, what else could I put in a three pen case with the Namiki Falcon (EF, Asa Gao) and the resin and gold Aurora 88 (B, Ku-jaku)?

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries

sharing my coffee mug of "daily writers" with an MB 149 and 146 and a pelikan M800 are my go-to parkers: a flexy 1935 burgundy standard, a superflexy "late" canadian black major, and a sterling silver 75, all with broad nibs ;)

Check out my blog and my pens

Parker 45 with (X) Fine nib filled with Lamy Blue-Black.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

a Prather Green Marble "51" Fine nib, filled with Waterman Green,

Blue 51 SE, Medium nib, filled with Diamine Kelly Green, and

modern Red Marbled Duofold International, Medium nib filled with Aurora Black

47 date coded nassau with window pane cap, 14K trim

Short model Black Giant

and a Waterman 452 Sheraton overlay... just picked it up... for a song

http://www.chiltonpens.com/images/displaystyle.jpg