Big Pens Without The Big Prices. (back In Stock)

winedoc

I have noticed that at least 2 pens I sent to UK in early September have not arrived. Global priority does not update tracking frequently enough and many time only update the website when the packages are delivered. Since both problem packages are to UK, not sure if these are system issues. I will resend these pens again if they did not arrive in another week or so. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and thanks for your patience. Hopefully they arrive soon.

Best

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• dnb

• USMCMom

• Brian C

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Kevin

I see one of the members mentions receiving a Tac Carry II. Do you still have any of those? I would love to get a brown or I think it was butterscotch one. I wrote you last year after I took a fall on the stairs and broke the cap on mine. I never have got around to send you the pieces. I was thinking in the future to have someone make a custom cap. I am getting a brown Cumlaude here in the Philippines, I understand the group order is on its way to Caloy now. Looking forward to receiving it. If you have any Tac II of any color except black I would be interested. Please contact me backchannel if you have.

Best Regards

Marion in Cebu

Hi Kevin, I'd sent you a couple of PMs asking info about the actual color of the grey blue, but hadn't heard back. The brown I received is exactly as the photo you show. On my computer, the grey blue looks like a teal, a blue green and not grey at all.

I am wondering because in one of the reviews you posted, the grey blue does look as I would expect, but different from your photo - again, on my computer. I'm asking because I would like to get another Cum Laude, but do not think I would like a light and bright blue. Can you help, please?

Thanks.

Edited by dnb

What else do we have in life if not to help each other?

dnb,

I've got my grey/blue right in front of me. I don't know whether one might call it a greyish blue or more a bluish grey, but it definitely is not a light or bright blue.

Jim

Hi Kevin, I'd sent you a couple of PMs asking info about the actual color of the grey blue, but hadn't heard back. The brown I received is exactly as the photo you show. On my computer, the grey blue looks like a teal, a blue green and not grey at all.

I am wondering because in one of the reviews you posted, the grey blue does look as I would expect, but different from your photo - again, on my computer. I'm asking because I would like to get another Cum Laude, but do not think I would like a light and bright blue. Can you help, please?

Thanks.

Not sure what happened, but I did not get a PM from you. Odd.

Anyways, the color is really blueish-grey, or greyish-blue. It is NOT bright blue. It's a hard color to photograph. I guess you can also call it teal-grey? if there is such color :-)

Best

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

dnb,

I've got my grey/blue right in front of me. I don't know whether one might call it a greyish blue or more a bluish grey, but it definitely is not a light or bright blue.

Jim

Thanks, Jim!

I just received the Blue/grey and brown pens I ordered. They are so beautiful! I will post pictures later when I get the chance.

The brown pen is much more lustrous in person - the gold spots are very eye catching and shimmer wonderfully.

I agree that the blue/grey pen is not a bright blue. It reminds me of the way light ripples across a pool, with darker patches and light patches, with the pieces fused together.

Very satisfied customer!

Edited by Aurhora

The brown pen is beautiful; I have one!! :rolleyes: . The picture doesn't do it justice!!

I'm trying (LOL) to fight the temptation to buy myself the blue one!! Someone hold me back!!!

Edited by USMCMom

OK, Gang. Just received my second one. The "Blue" which is really a teal. It is better than the brown. Boy does it have depth.

Perfectly consistent with the other pen. They both make colors I didn't like in other pens SHINE!

If anyone is on the fence, go for it. You WILL NOT find another pen of this quality at the price.

Thanks, Kevin!

Wonderful surprise on the doorstep yesterday when I got home--my Cum Laude in brown. This is a beautiful pen and though it is very large it is very comfortable to hold. I got a fine nib which puts down a little bit of shading with Waterman Blue-Black. The fine nib seems to be fine indeed, but is smooth.

This is the second pen I've gotten from Kevin, and he is wonderful to work with. I highly recommend the seller and the pen. :)

Like a lot of people who've got one of these, I'm tempted to get another - such lovely pens at such a great price!

I'm not sure about the fine nib width, though - would anyone be able to post a writing sample comparing the medium and fine nibs, please?

To add my two penn'orth for UK buyers, these pens are such a good deal: very reasonable postage costs, and a price that doesn't attract the attention of Customs (tempting fate there ...) My first one arrived in a week, too - amazing service from Kevin, many thanks.

Sue

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I am so glad these pens are being enjoyed by their owners. I use them myself and, Sue, will take some photos this weekend when I have more time showing F and M nibs.

First 2 batches were all quickly gone and that's like over 170 pens. I had to take a little break as I was paking pens way into late nights.... but, 3rd batch is on the way, so reserve yours now.

I do try to get your pens out as soon as I can. As a pen user myself, I don't know about you, but I HATE WAITING for new pens. Of course, your local custom office may delay things and I have seen weird things like 5 business days to China and 2 weeks to Canada... go figure!

So, if you still don't have one of these, you must ask yourself... are all 150+ FPNers wrong? (many of you have both colors :thumbup: )

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Kevin ... the 3rd batch, will those be the blue pens and the brown?

Both colors will be available.

I am determined to sell the remaining stocks out. If not here then eBay, but I can assure you the eBay prices will be slightly higher. I will always give fellow FPNers lowest prices when possible.

Best

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

I am so glad these pens are being enjoyed by their owners. I use them myself and, Sue, will take some photos this weekend when I have more time showing F and M nibs.

Thanks so much, Kevin - I didn't think you could provide any better service, but you've just done it! :)

I am happy to report that I now have more of these in stock! The earliest I can get the pens out will be next Monday. Thanks.

Best

Kevin

Even better!! :) :) :)

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Hey Kevin: Did the new batch have any of the smaller pens?

The smaller cumlaude are completely sold out, so your best chance is to put up a "want to buy". These may be bigger pens, but they are not heavy. The slightly larger girth would pevent hands from cramping up.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files