The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sheaffer Fashion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Armchop

Armchop

so many pens..so little time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 20:00

:meow:
Hi all,
got this (1996?) Sheaffer from ebay for only £9. Photos on another post:
http://www.fountainp...showtopic=15527

This was identified for me as a Sheaffer Fashion. It is a very slim "ladies" style pen.

Build: 5/5
Very solid brass. Nice and heavy considering its sleekness. Well balanced. The cap fits with a firm snap fit. Easy to hold and write with.

Nib 4/5.
Would not put 5/5 cos I know how fussy some of you guys can get!
Any road, it is a modern style geometric shape plated steel nib. The nib is labelled as a Medium but writes "narrow medium" or "wide fine". It is a very smooth writer with a nice wet but not soggy ink flow. Slightly thinner than a Lamy Safari M nib but I think it writes more smoothly than the Lamy.

Overall verdict.
Considering the price and how nice a pen it is I would say excellent. For £9 I would have been mad not to bid. I am not a lady but also like oversized pens such as the Labans. I will not be putting it my rotation but will keep it by the telephone table. It would also however be ideal for form filling etc.

Getting a Cranberry Prelude delivered from PenHero this week. Cant wait. B)

Armchop

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|