The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rotring Surf Fountain Pen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 penandbeyond

penandbeyond

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 15:34

I just got the feedback about the Rotring Surf fountain pen from some customers back.

The Rotring Surf is a fountain pen for under $9 and comes in four colors blue, salmon, yellow and green. The barrel is made of plastic and it feels and looks good. The colors are bright and nice. My only concern was the clip, I thought the clip would break quite fast but so far I had no returns or complaints. The most surprising fact is the nib. Furnished with a medium which draws more a fine line than a medium but is not too smooth, steady and looks perfect. Even the ink flow is perfect.

I was also surprised about the fact, that I thought this might be a good starter fountain pen for kids but I mostly sell them to customers who are fare away from this age.

However, a nice pen and a eyecatcher for und $9 which writes like a expensive pen. Jep ... that's my impression.

Edited by penandbeyond, 27 August 2010 - 16:27.

Sponsored Content

#2 Inked

Inked

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2010 - 14:28

Thank-you for the review.

I used to love thier BP's and used them exclusively years ago. The aluminum ones with the knurled ends. Great grip.

Where is this one made if I may ask?

Inked

#3 penandbeyond

penandbeyond

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 19:04

Thank-you for the review.

I used to love thier BP's and used them exclusively years ago. The aluminum ones with the knurled ends. Great grip.

Where is this one made if I may ask?

Inked

That is hard to say nowadays ... the nib was made in Germany but as I wrote you never know exactly where the nibs etc. come from. In 1998 Rotring changed to Sanford, therefore the factory in Hamburg / Germany was closed in the beginning of 2002 or 2003. The production of the fountain pens and the ballpoints was moved to the UK and France, only the Distribution Department and the Logistic remained in Hamburg.

However, I love to write with the fountain pen and with the Pelikan brillant brown ink it is perfect. I have never thought that I replace my Visconti or Delta with the Rotring :-)

#4 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:41

It is very fashion! But I like S.T.Dupont Fountain Pens .

huh?

#5 akrishna59

akrishna59

Dr. Verghese Kurien - Father of the White Revolution in India.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:47

for the price,it is a real deal. the pen looks nice in the pictures and though the plastic clip gives me the shivers, it will be just fine with careful handling i suppose. a lot of ball pens have plastic clips anyway.

the review is precise.

tks.

krishna.
ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

#6 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,214 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2010 - 15:31

WANT WANT WANT WANT

:vbg:

#7 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 20:04

for the price,it is a real deal. the pen looks nice in the pictures and though the plastic clip gives me the shivers, it will be just fine with careful handling i suppose. a lot of ball pens have plastic clips anyway.

the review is precise.

tks.

krishna.

hmm, i've never seen a bic stick pen with a busted clip! :ltcapd:

Sponsored Content

|