Hakumin Urushi - Japanese Lacquer Pens

SincerelySpicy

Hi Everyone,

A while back when I first posted some of my lacquerwork here on the FPN, I had probed around a bit to see if anyone would be interested in my work. There seemed to be quite a few people who were, but possibly because of my disorganization, or maybe for other reasons, there were very few who made actual commitment.

However, that changed recently with my collaborative effort with Brian at Edison Pens in our Urushi Pearl Project. Now, I am finally officially announcing my new website at HakuminUrushi.com as well as a new venture into the world of Japanese lacquer pens.

I am currently working with Edison Pen to not only create LE pens, but also custom pens. To create a custom pen, you will chose from any of Edison Pen's designs or design a pen customized for you. Once you have chosen the pen, I will work with you closely to develop a lacquer technique and design from the variety of techniques that I am experienced with. These techniques include many of the typical ones, a few techniques that are not as frequently seen, and a few techniques of my own creation.

Some of these techniques include: Roiro-nuri, Tame-nuri, Ishime-nuri, Kawari-nuri, Tsugaru-nuri, Kara-nuri, Nashiji-nuri, Negoro-nuri, Raden and Maki-e among others.

In addition to a custom Edison Pen, I can also do custom lacquerwork on select vintage pens. All you need to do is ask and I will see what is possible.

Thanks!

Ernest Shin

Hakumin Urushi Kobo

www.hakuminurushi.com

http://www.hakuminurushi.com/storage/urushi/ishimeglenmont/uncapped.jpg

http://www.hakuminurushi.com/storage/urushi/kyokkou/uncapped-small.jpg

Edited by SJM1123

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SincerelySpicy

• Chris Chalmers

• inkster

• ExcaliburZ

Hi Ernest! I love your new site and the pens you have shown there! My desktop at the moment is your Ishime-Nuri.........and the only pen on my wish list.........but I'm waiting for my Urushi Pearl before I contact you - :puddle:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Website looks nice but is a little too vague on what you do unless you go to the about page. Your home page should have what the company is selling.

Have fist, will travel

My deviantArt page

Website looks nice but is a little too vague on what you do unless you go to the about page. Your home page should have what the company is selling.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's already on my list as one of the things to change/add in my upcoming updates along with more photos, a couple more articles and a few more projects. :)