2 Pens For The Rest Of Your Life

cutter

Namiki Falcon

Pelikan 200 with an M400 nib reground by Richard Binder to Namiki Falcon fine.

PLEEAASE don't limit me to two inks!crybaby.gif

Now you are limited to two inks...Go! :)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4lex

• ethernautrix

• LisaN

• FOUR X FOUR

Parker 51

Pilot Vanishing Point

This way i have everything covered--long writing sessions and quick note taking.

Now you are limited to two inks...Go!

Thats easy for me--I only use one ink now---

1-Platinum Carbon Black

2-Platinum Carbon Black

www.stevelightart.com

Hmmmm

- Stipula Etruria Fiesole

- Stipula Saturno (olive with .09 stub)

and my Parker 51 that I would hide from the pen police risking life and limb :P

Peter

An Edison Herald Grande fitted with an EF flexible nib (e.g., a flex-added No. 15 Namiki Falcon nib) and a classic nail with an M nib (e.g., MB 149, or a large Aurora 88).

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries

My Custom Edison Glenmont bulb filler with Semi-flex Medium stub nib used un-flexed for regular writing. Flexed to add flair to my signature and letters.

Pilot VP with fine nib for note taking, marginalia, and grading.

Even with those two pens this would be a sad sad existence. I love my pens. I don't want to give up any of them.

Edited by dizzypen

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

The two inks would be the ones currently in the pens. In the Pel, Noodler's Nakahama Manjiro Whaleman's Sepia (the reddish first batch), and in the AL-Star, Sailor Kiwa Guro nano black. These are both waterproof and ready for the test of time. And so am I!

1) My Pilot Custom743 FA modded by Mike-it-Work to have an unflexed linewidth of ~XXXF.

2) Since no one else has said it yet, my TWSBI Diamond 530 with my adjustments which make it into a true smooth Asian XF nib. It holds a ton, is super easy to maintain, and writes flawlessly.

I'd be in mourning for my wonderful unused pens....:crybaby:

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

My 1935 waterman and probably my platinum music pen.

(or a pilot 74 in F and a pilot 74 in B would work too)

One ink, Aurora black.

Easy!

Daily writer: Lamy 2000 EF

Formal pen: 1937 Parker Vacumatic in Emerald Pearl. (it's the one I JUST bought. It's in the mail)

For goodness sake don't limit me to less than 40 inks!!!

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

MY MB Traveller as it takes cartridges and I'd therefore figure that it will be less likely to break than my pistons.

I think I'd also take my Starwalker BP as there are times when a BP is better suited than a FP.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I only have two pens right now so its easy. Pilot 823 and Montblanc 14. :cloud9:

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i

I'd choose my blue Sheaffer Snorkel Sentinel with the M nib (and matching pencil, since nothing was said about limiting our pencil access!) and my black Waterman L'Etalon with its lovely smooth factory stub.

Then I'd cry a lot. :crybaby:

I started this thread but am finding it next to impossible to answer by own proposal.

here's my picks

1> The lamy dialog 3 med point that santa claus will hopefully bring me this year.

2> an Esterbrook red dollar with a 3556 fine firm nib. this is a beautiful pen that I love seeing in my pocket and writing with.

inks are eaiser.

2 inks for life

noodler's kingfisher blue

noodler's purple martin (looks black until you inspect further)

Edited by cutter

Another Day Another (Esterbrook) Dollar.

" There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy- Douglas Adams

There are plenty of pens I would like to buy but I can only say I trust the ones I know:

Pelikan M200 or M205 and Aurora Talentum - I suppose I could have more than two nibs :embarrassed_smile:

I just had my grandfather's fountain pen repaired and wouldn't part from it. But I can refrain from writing with it, I think.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

cutter...you diabolical fiend. No one can use just two, no one I tell you.

But if you insist, it would be: Pilot/Namiki Falcon and Pilot Decimo with a Bindered cursive italic.

1. My Visconti Van Gogh...the first "nice" fountain pen I bought for myself.

2. A Levenger Kyoto that was gifted to me by my favorite graduate prof when I got my first teaching job. :-)

"When a man is tired of pens, he is tired of life." - Stephen Overbury

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." - Proverbs 25:11