2 Pens For The Rest Of Your Life

cutter

You are told that you will be killed if you don't pare your pen collection down to two pens.

They can be pens you already own or pens you dream of owning, but the limit is two,

and these two pens will be the only ones you'll ever be allowed to poses till your death.

Since you only get two you may have to consider if your choice is a good daily driver? if not do you care?

Edited by cutter

Another Day Another (Esterbrook) Dollar.

" There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy- Douglas Adams

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4lex

• ethernautrix

• LisaN

• FOUR X FOUR

Sheaffer 444

Laban Mento

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

Namiki Falcon

Pelikan 200 with an M400 nib reground by Richard Binder to Namiki Falcon fine.

PLEEAASE don't limit me to two inks!crybaby.gif

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

i got 2 parker pens/ one is frontier, and the other is still an fp, that i dont know its name, a cheapo for expiriments :blush:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/cards_of_fool/handwriting3-1.jpg

if men would write like poets all the time, would we understand them?

(1) Pelikan M620 Grand Place with Binder .5mm cursive italic because it's the perfect writer. But the beautiful swirly acrylic might become damaged if God grants me an unusually long life, so also, (2) Lamy AL-Star Ocean Blue with EF nib. This also is a wonderful writer and I am confident of it lasting through my retirement under the bridge should I be so fortunate to live so long.

Doug

P.S. Interesting question because I just yesterday moved into temporary quarters in my condo. The elevator is out and my rental on the 11th floor is too much of a forced march (I decided). So I am renting a place on a lower floor and had to decide on which fountain pens to bring with me for 4 weeks. I am looking at them now and aside from the two mentioned, I brought a couple of Pelikan M2xx, and a Pilot VP. These have Binder .5mm cursive italics also. I brought 15 inks.

Edited by HDoug

Conway Stewart Dandy Heritage

Conway Stewart Knightsbridge

My Stipula Vedo is just a hair below the Dandy in my rating scale.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

PLEEAASE don't limit me to two inks!crybaby.gif

That's the next nightmare. :D

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

1. Logically it should be my sterling silver Cisele P-75, in it has the squeeze filler, can take a converter and or cartridge, and has perfect balance. I would of course have had the opportunity to have bought a good selections of nib/sections for it

My best nib and pen by a hair is my MB 234 1/2 Deluxe (52-55 only) KOB. but it don't get the choice in it's a one nib only pen....

2. The alternative to this would be my Pelikan 605 in I could fit all but the 800-1000 nibs on to it, even if it did look weird with a Pelikan 140 semi-flex OB (my second best nib) on it. The 120 or 400 nib is a tad small too.

My Esterbrook nibs would fit also...and having a long deep cap, they would not be too long. So would my Osmiroid calligraphy nibs, I think. If they fit the Esterbrook they should fit the Pelikan.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

If only writing is implicated: Danitrio Densho and Lamy 2K (although the Studio is very tempting too)

If emotional factors are added: Waterman Préface (I don't write a lot with it and it has hudge flow problems due I guess to surface tension). It is a pen that was owned by a late very dear friend of mine. The second one would probably be the Densho again.

In fantasy land: A Densho with a custom maki-e (I really became so found of this pen!); Pelikan 75th anniversary.

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Esterbrook J green icicle and Lamy Al-star purple-black. I love both of these pens. I have more than one pen I've spent over a hundred dollars on (I bought two just this year) and these two are still my favorites.

Hmm...tough one.

At this moment in time I'd go for my P51 in forest green with gf cap, which has a broad nib stubbed by Oxonian, and my M200 Ruby Demo, a recent gift, which has a broad ci nib, and holds gallons of ink.

Based on the pens I've got,: Sheaffer PFM and Dunhill Namiki

Dreaming....: Pelikan 112 and T111 Toledo

MB 149

Edison Herald Grande {Can I keep different nibs for this one? I have a condor, a fine, a broad, and flex that all fit Edison HG's} Maybe it should be 2 HG's!

www.stevelightart.com

Only 2 pens ? :gaah:

Ok I'll play along.

Well if chosen from my own collection then it would probably be

1.My Lamy 2000

2.MB Verne

If I could choose any pen I want then it would be

1.My Lamy 2000

2.18K two tone solid gold 149.

Respect to all

Right now, it would be MB Starwalker Black Mystery which is built like a tank but smooth as your favorite politician; and a Pilot Capless w/ faceted barrel that I find appealing for many reasons (aesthetics, reliability, performance, engineering).

In permanent denial

Probably the old workhorse Waterman 15PSF and the Aurora Optima but the 40's Fiat branded Radius Superior runs it very close. It may have to be a toss of a coin.

Iechyd da pob Cymro