Visconti Homo Sapiens M Nib

saltypete

Nice review. I have the 1.3 stub and after some initial hickups it is now a great pen.

The nib is "soft" but I have seen warnings NOT to use it as a flex-pen. Too much preasure was reported to be dangerous for the nibs health (splined tines)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WendyNC

• raulfragoso

• rubyeyespenlover

• saltypete

These nibs do not have flex as we usually refer to it here. What they have might be better described as spring or bounce. I understand that how much of that one has depends, in part, on its relationship to the feed, but what makes more or less or it is beyond my knowledge.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

These nibs do not have flex as we usually refer to it here. What they have might be better described as spring or bounce. I understand that how much of that one has depends, in part, on its relationship to the feed, but what makes more or less of it is beyond my knowledge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nice review on a very nice pen, another proud owner of homo sapiens FP

Just curious - is this the only Visconti model with the Dream Touch nib and the vacuum filler?

Just curious - is this the only Visconti model with the Dream Touch nib and the vacuum filler?

No, the dreamtouch is available on several penmodels.

And the fillingsystem is also widely used by Visconti.

If you want the specific combination dreamtouch-vacuumfiller I suggest you visit the Visconti website

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

FYI, the dreamtouch nib is made of palladium and not gold. Enjoy your pen!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out!

No, the dreamtouch is available on several penmodels.

And the fillingsystem is also widely used by Visconti.

If you want the specific combination dreamtouch-vacuumfiller I suggest you visit the Visconti website

D.ick

I had actually checked the Visconti website - but couldn't find any dream touches outside the special editions.

Ha ah hahahahhhahh yeahhhh!

:roflmho:

I have mine Homo Sapiens....

I still not filled "her".....

I must touch her again and again before I will be ready to use it!

I also wrote a review for Penna magazine but at the moment they said it's not the right time to publish it.

When the time will be ready, I surely tell you!

Enjoy your pen!!

A.

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting review, looking at buying one of these beauties. Someone mentioned that it is scratch resistant. Since this FP will be my daily pen, that is important to me. Will have a fairly rough life. Do not like scratched pens. Anyone has any comments on this issue. Regards Garm.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the review and the pictures. This is my next dream pen! One question though: the material of the pen is hygroscopic and absorbs liquids. I notice in your picture the blue ink is clearly showing itself on the front portion of the pen, even up to the band. That has been my main worry that if I use heavy pigment inks (like Noodlers) will the front part of the pen when dipped into the ink bottles, start collecting layers of ink residue? What has your experience been so far?

If you check the Italian Pens forum you'll find some reports of the more saturated inks staining in some cases. I don't own one, so I can't speak to it. I tend to use Herbin ink in any pen likely to stain.

Very interesting review, looking at buying one of these beauties. Someone mentioned that it is scratch resistant. Since this FP will be my daily pen, that is important to me. Will have a fairly rough life. Do not like scratched pens. Anyone has any comments on this issue. Regards Garm.

Because of the slightly textured, matte finish, I'm not sure it's possible to scratch it. I suppose it could be gouged if enough force were applied with a sharply pointed object, but this stuff simply doesn't scratch. Trust me. I just tried it with the pointy end of a letter opener.

Thank you for the review and the pictures. This is my next dream pen! One question though: the material of the pen is hygroscopic and absorbs liquids. I notice in your picture the blue ink is clearly showing itself on the front portion of the pen, even up to the band. That has been my main worry that if I use heavy pigment inks (like Noodlers) will the front part of the pen when dipped into the ink bottles, start collecting layers of ink residue? What has your experience been so far?

Remember, it's only slightly hygroscopic, so it's not going to absorb ink quickly. I don't know if this is the approved method, but my answer is to stick the section under running tap water after filling. I then remove the water from the nib, feed and section with a bit of tissue and touch the nib to the tissue to draw out water from the feed.

Ok I'm dying here! I have one on the way and just can't wait to try it. I'm getting it second hand with a Medium nib and would prefer an extra fine. Any advice on nib exchange or anyone need to go up to a medium from an extra fine?

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I tried several of them but I found the nibs writing too large, the nibs weren't really flexible and the grip on the pen was not enough firm for me.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Beautiful pen!

But is it just me or does the section look almost blue in comparison to the barrel and cap?

It certainly is. The blue on the grip section is Visconti Blue ink. I had just refilled the pen and because of the slightly porous nature of the lava material, the pen had absorbed some ink. I have found that a wet tissue will remove this very easily.

Pete

My Pens: Visconti Homo Sapiens M, Pelikan M800 F, Sailor 1911 Realo B, Lamy 2000 M,Conway Stewart 28 M,1946 Parker Duofold M,Waterman Carene F, Waterman Expert F, Parker IM F

My Inks: Iroshizuku Tsuki Yo, Iroshizuku Ku Jaku, Iroshizuku Shin Ryoku, Iroshizuku Tsyu Kusa, Visconti Blue, Stipula Calamo, Pelikan Black

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great review!

The Homo Sapiens is my current favourite, both in terms of aesthetic and writing performance - the smoothness really is to die for!

I wanted this pen from the moment it came out, and it holds pride of place in my collection, so it's nice to see other people getting as enthusiastic about it!

"Manuscripts don't burn." - Mikael Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita