The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Anyone Heard Of Elysee Fountain Pens

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 EclecticCollector

EclecticCollector

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:13

I figured that you might like this (see below).

Thank you for sharing this extensive history of the Elysee brand! I discovered them too late (very shortly after the company folded) but greatly enjoy the few pens I've managed to obtain.

Sponsored Content

#102 elysee

elysee

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:00

Thank you for sharing this extensive history of the Elysee brand! I discovered them too late (very shortly after the company folded) but greatly enjoy the few pens I've managed to obtain.

It was my pleasure -- it was nice to be able to share information about the pens that I love and enjoy so much.

Being able to buy my first Elysee pen in 1998 was delightful. After years of only being able to look (poor graduate students have no money with which to buy expensive pens) at the lovely Elysee pens in the display cases of various pen stores, being able to own and use my first Elysee pen was amazing; the pen (En Vogue Lapis, closed-top pen clip with double middle rings) still takes my breath away and, like all my pens, it is without wear and scratches. It took me almost nineteen years to collect all the lovely Elysee pens that I had dreamed of owning: eBay was very helpful with that, and I still enjoy checking the listings for NOS Elysee pens.

Since there are NOS Elysee pens listed on eBay from time to time, you should keep an eye on the listings for pens that you are interested in buying. My one caution in regard to eBay is that some sellers list Elysee pens, especially used, scratched pens, at outrageous prices. So, be patient and wait for the listings for pens in great condition at appropriate prices; the search is exciting, especially when it results in the purchase of a lovely Elysee pen.

Edited by elysee, 10 July 2017 - 06:03.

#103 rigmor13

rigmor13

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:16

I have a Elysee pen set, fountain, pencil and ballpoint. I am also hunting for more info on my particular pens. Any help is highly appreciated.

#104 rigmor13

rigmor13

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:17

I have a Elysee pen set, fountain, pencil and ballpoint. I am also hunting for more info on my particular pens. Any help is highly appreciated.

#105 rigmor13

rigmor13

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:45

Attached Images

• 2FFD21BA-5F95-402A-B4EF-29F21DDA5A9A.jpeg
  • 0B6842B8-7D8A-4DED-B3B5-217C79B21B49.jpeg
  • 2FFD21BA-5F95-402A-B4EF-29F21DDA5A9A.jpeg

#106 rigmor13

rigmor13

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:50

hi EclecticCollector

Thank you so much for the great information. I have several other Elysee fountain Pens , pencils and ball points . So this was very helpful

#107 LennCass

LennCass

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 13:07

This pen is a "Elysée for Elégance" (group name), type Bi-Color, productnumber 8/10

#108 LennCass

LennCass

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2018 - 22:39

Hi,

For your reference : 2 PDF files catalog Elysée pens.

With thanks to Miss Sabine Schuster from STAEDTLER Mars GmbH & Co. KG in Germany.

Attached Files

#109 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 20:18

I used to use them in school and then they were cleaned and put away when I went to university. I haven't looked for them since.

They should still be around somewhere.

My first was a Parker Vector followed by the Elysée. I also used Cross for a while.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#110 speculator

speculator

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 22:44

Here's a question for all of you Elysee experts!
How would you rate the Fine and Medium points they make? Do they correspond to other European brands (such as Waterman)- meaning the Fine is more like a Fine-to-Medium?
Many thanks!

#111 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2019 - 13:58

How would you rate the Fine and Medium points they make? Do they correspond to other European brands (such as Waterman)- meaning the Fine is more like a Fine-to-Medium?

Yes, but as always this also depends on the ink’s wetness, the paper, and the pressure of writing.

Sponsored Content

|