Anyone Heard Of Elysee Fountain Pens

cnr479

I figured that you might like this (see below).

Thank you for sharing this extensive history of the Elysee brand! I discovered them too late (very shortly after the company folded) but greatly enjoy the few pens I've managed to obtain.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elysee

• Dib

• Hennypenny

• Rena

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for sharing this extensive history of the Elysee brand! I discovered them too late (very shortly after the company folded) but greatly enjoy the few pens I've managed to obtain.

It was my pleasure -- it was nice to be able to share information about the pens that I love and enjoy so much.

Being able to buy my first Elysee pen in 1998 was delightful. After years of only being able to look (poor graduate students have no money with which to buy expensive pens) at the lovely Elysee pens in the display cases of various pen stores, being able to own and use my first Elysee pen was amazing; the pen (En Vogue Lapis, closed-top pen clip with double middle rings) still takes my breath away and, like all my pens, it is without wear and scratches. It took me almost nineteen years to collect all the lovely Elysee pens that I had dreamed of owning: eBay was very helpful with that, and I still enjoy checking the listings for NOS Elysee pens.

Since there are NOS Elysee pens listed on eBay from time to time, you should keep an eye on the listings for pens that you are interested in buying. My one caution in regard to eBay is that some sellers list Elysee pens, especially used, scratched pens, at outrageous prices. So, be patient and wait for the listings for pens in great condition at appropriate prices; the search is exciting, especially when it results in the purchase of a lovely Elysee pen.

Edited by elysee

• 5 months later...

I have a Elysee pen set, fountain, pencil and ballpoint. I am also hunting for more info on my particular pens. Any help is highly appreciated.

I have a Elysee pen set, fountain, pencil and ballpoint. I am also hunting for more info on my particular pens. Any help is highly appreciated.

post-140829-0-81548700-1515035762_thumb.jpeg

post-140829-0-97934700-1515035781_thumb.jpeg

post-140829-0-36197600-1515035925_thumb.jpeg

hi EclecticCollector

Thank you so much for the great information. I have several other Elysee fountain Pens , pencils and ball points . So this was very helpful

• 5 months later...

I used to use them in school and then they were cleaned and put away when I went to university. I haven't looked for them since.

They should still be around somewhere.

My first was a Parker Vector followed by the Elysée. I also used Cross for a while.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 10 months later...

Here's a question for all of you Elysee experts!
How would you rate the Fine and Medium points they make? Do they correspond to other European brands (such as Waterman)- meaning the Fine is more like a Fine-to-Medium?
Many thanks!

How would you rate the Fine and Medium points they make? Do they correspond to other European brands (such as Waterman)- meaning the Fine is more like a Fine-to-Medium?

Yes, but as always this also depends on the ink’s wetness, the paper, and the pressure of writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is!
With Pelikan 4001 Blue, on Clairefontaine paper, this Medium is a good "Medium-Fine," as hoped for!

post-72672-0-90009300-1561043821_thumb.jpg

Edited by speculator

• 1 month later...

the ones I got seem to come all from corporate gifts (ballpoints and pens)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.bermond.be

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow!!! Thank you for the share! I was searching for some comprehensive documentation about Élysée products and the best I could find was the information in this thread. That analysis seems to be a gift sent by the heavens.

Thanks again!!

I recently saw this impressive and thorough analysis, adding to this great thread!

http://ndma.com/resources/docs/_Elysee.pdf

Here it is!

With Pelikan 4001 Blue, on Clairefontaine paper, this Medium is a good "Medium-Fine," as hoped for!

I had one just like this one, and I kick myself for selling it.

A great pen and such a unique nib.

the Danitrio Fellowship

• 2 months later...

I have a couple Parthenon ballpoints, a bicolor and a red lacquer. They are well made, and use Parker style refills. I believe I bought them in the late 1990s.

Secundum Artem

• 3 years later...

Hi guys. 
I got this pen, 🖊️ and I know it’s rare. 
when I google / catawiki it, the set of fountain and ball point goes from 500 to 1200. 

but I don’t own fountain of ballpoint;
I have a mechanical pencil of this first edition Elyseè fountain lacquer 1993 gold plated pen.

-  can’t find anything about it, not a single wiki of picture - 

now I wonder, is it extremely rare or like ‘primark’ common, why I can’t find information about it,

anyone know a page of person which is good for more intel, value etc?

CC9AA62C-5FE4-4717-8CC1-57B74361CF61.jpeg

90A5EB31-01A0-41F4-BF38-38AC68DC1E78.jpeg

6180272A-6658-4CEA-B8C7-E026278620CD.jpeg

4F028D60-A361-491A-BD25-A6A036E5E176.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hi, élysée fans.

I just released the Second Edition of my book on élysée.  It's a complete gallery, as far as I know.  It's at the same web address:  ndma.com/elysee [then click the link to the PDF]  Or you can just search for "elysee pens n dean meyer".

All élysée collectors, please reach out to me on direct email if you'd like to be in our little élysée "inner circle".  It's just an email distribution list.  We offer spare pens to one another, point out deals on rare models on the internet, swap notes, etc. 

Dean@ndma.com

Enjoy!

--Dean