The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Delta Venezia Pen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pentech42

Pentech42

Extremely Rare

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 00:59

After about 12 years when I first saw this pen on the cover of Stylophiles I was able to trade for one of great value to me. The first time that I saw this pen was at Tolstoy's in the Venetian at Las Vegas Nevada. Probably no more apt a place to see a pen honoring Venice in the US. The price was extreme but remember this pen is made of celluloid and a rather thick diameter of the material along with the lost wax silver bands ( looking much more 3-D than some other company's offerings) add up to something beautiful and worthy of a search.

The structure of the pen is: 5.8 inches in length capped and 6.5" when posted. The diameter is 0.62" with a postal scale weight of 1.4 oz. For such a large pen it fits nicely in the hand and is balanced quite well.

I could continue typing about the pen but here are some pictures:

Here is the standard uncapped picture showing the cap band's detailed carving. As well the assay mark!

Posted Image

Here is the lever with the edition year of 1998 on it.

Posted Image

And the other side with the engraving. You can see how the blue water has islands of brown/ tan/ amber in it.

Posted Image

Now the winged Lion of the top band of the cap along with something else also in silver.

Posted Image

Here is a better shot showing the engraved silver plate on the bottom of the desk base. The base is a solid piece of metal that isn't moving around!

Posted Image

The pen in all it's glory. Note that the tulip is identical to the cap even with the silver band.

Posted Image

Here is a picture trying to show the depth of the material

Posted Image

And here is another showing the light coming through the islands.

Posted Image

To sum this pen up I would say that it's the best themed pen I have seen being both a work of art and a usable pen. It is subdued enough that I would use it at work but just looking at it on my desk is fine for now.

I had thought there was another pen that I wanted more but now I can't imagine owning another. The pen is just that nice.

Dear Art, English, Music Business and History Majors,

Please stop complaining about not having jobs. Your major only included about 60 credits and you had time to go out on weekends.

We're even.

Sincerely, An Engineering Major

Sponsored Content

#2 777

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 17:31

Thanks for the review of this unique and interesting pen! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. I love the idea of have a desk base and a cap for the same pen! They should do this more often.

Regards,

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

Posted Image

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

#3 rubyeyespenlover

rubyeyespenlover

Romantic pens lover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2010 - 16:12

Really a great pen!
Posted Image
69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted
http://www.pennamagazine.com

#4 Jopen

Jopen

Always learning

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2010 - 17:01

This is a "once in a life" pen. Mine has a very special place in my collection. Congrats!

Sponsored Content

|