For Sale: Nos Montblanc Monte Rosa Model 042g Fountain Pens With 1k Gold Nib

DeScribe

Up for sale are some New Old Stock Montblanc Monte Rosa (Model 042G) Fountain Pens in 14k Gold EF and F nibs. All pens are new old stock, uninked, undipped and come with box and papers. Prices quoted below include worldwide shipping via registered airmail. Insurance is optional and can be added with additional cost. Shipping using EMS is also available with added cost. I accept Paypal only.

Available nib size: EF and F nib

Nib: 14k Gold nib

Price with box, papers and shipping via registered airmail included

- USD135

Photos are appended below.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t250/Scribe_album/Monte%20Rosa%20042G/MonteRosa042GFPFull1.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t250/Scribe_album/Monte%20Rosa%20042G/MonteRosa042GFPCapInscription1.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t250/Scribe_album/Monte%20Rosa%20042G/MonteRosa042GFPEFNib2.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t250/Scribe_album/Monte%20Rosa%20042G/MonteRosa042GFPEFNib1.jpg

Other pens available for sale:

Pelikan : Keep a watchout here, M805 FPs, M400 and M405 FPs,

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeScribe

• Pensively

• 2brothers

• Vertical101

I wish those came with a B nib !!!:bonk:

I wish I could work magic on vintage pens like PenFisher, "The Pen Whisperer"!

:)

That is what I meant DeScribe :)

I wish I could work magic on vintage pens like PenFisher, "The Pen Whisperer"!

:)

DeScribe, is there a chance that in the future, you might be offering Burgundy ones with 14C nibs? Very nice pricing on these ones. have a great sale!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

DeScribe, is there a chance that in the future, you might be offering Burgundy ones with 14C nibs? Very nice pricing on these ones. have a great sale!

Thanks, Hari. I am not sure about that. If I chance upon them in the future, I will definitely list them up for sale. :)

I received one of these from DeScribe a few days ago (slightly ahead of this thread here). The pen looked to be uninked NOS, blemish-free; the (plastic) piston works well.

It's a rather smooth and rather wet writer (with MB Royal Blue).

I got one with an EF nib, which is pleasantly soft; under pressure, the tines open up from a bit finer than Pelikan-EF to about Pelikan-BB.

A negative point about this (student!) pen is that it indicates how much Montblanc's emphasis must have shifted away from nibs over the past fifty years.

I received one of these from DeScribe a few days ago (slightly ahead of this thread here). The pen looked to be uninked NOS, blemish-free; the (plastic) piston works well.

I got one with an EF nib, which is pleasantly soft; under pressure, the tines open up from a bit finer than Pelikan-EF to about Pelikan-BB.

A negative point about this (student!) pen is that it indicates how much Montblanc's emphasis must have shifted away from nibs over the past fifty years.

Hi Andreas. Thanks for your pen review. I love your comparison using Pelikan nib. Sad to say, I kind of agree with you that old Montblanc/Monte Rosa nib is more flexible than the modern ones. Though the nib design is not as fanciful as the modern ones, it is sure a greater pleasure to write with. At least in my opinion. :)

Here's an example of the line variation you can produce with at least some of the Monte Rosas.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p297/julioathompson/4.jpg

I came across this one today at a local antique store. Needs cleaning, but the nib is pretty grand.

PM sent

Control thy passions lest they take vengence on thee.

-- Epictetus (55-135 AD)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I tried pming you for an EF, but it said you can receive no more messages!

Noooo! :bawl:

Stacey

Edited by Stacey

Hi Loy

Rather than chance your inbox, I'll say my thanks here. The Monte Rosa with an EF nib arrived today(+1 for speedy!). I've filled it and had a bit of play. I am a fan! This is a super little pen with a lovely smooth (creamy rather than glassy (where a Sailor nib is glassy)). The EF is great nib for maths. It writes about the same width as my Sailor 1911 fine nib but has a little flex so with some gentle pressure, I can make things like greek letters, symbols and integral signs look a bit special (for my own satisfaction of course).

Thanks again.

Jonathan

Control thy passions lest they take vengence on thee.

-- Epictetus (55-135 AD)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hi Loy

Rather than chance your inbox, I'll say my thanks here. The Monte Rosa with an EF nib arrived today(+1 for speedy!). I've filled it and had a bit of play. I am a fan! This is a super little pen with a lovely smooth (creamy rather than glassy (where a Sailor nib is glassy)). The EF is great nib for maths. It writes about the same width as my Sailor 1911 fine nib but has a little flex so with some gentle pressure, I can make things like greek letters, symbols and integral signs look a bit special (for my own satisfaction of course).

Thanks again.

Jonathan

Thanks, Johathan, for your nice comments. I am glad that you like the pen. It is always good to know that this nice little pen has found another loving owner. :)

Just a little update: 2 out of 4 pieces of Monte Rosa 042G model with EF nib is now on hold. :)

Just a note to encourage anyone thinking of buying from Loy. I received my Rosa very quickly but had a little problem with it. Loy responded very quickly and offered to refund me or send me a replacement pen before he even received the other pen back from me. Very impressive and considerate. You need not have any qualms about buying from him. He really takes care of his customers! I have purchased several pens from him and will purchase more in the future for sure. :thumbup:

Long live the Empire!

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files