What Color Are Your Fingers Today?

GouletPens

Noodler's Red Black, a pea-sized smear on one finger. The bottle arrived today and, remembering the stories of how full the bottles are, I stood it in a plastic disc to open it, then I used a syringe to syphon off enough to fill the 10ml vial the original sample from Vanness had come in. I think the smear came from the threads of the vial.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• amberleadavis

• Thier.

• pmhudepo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got tsuki-yo all over my fingers since my Custom 823 spit some in the cap. It doesn't generally do that. Maybe it thinks that one tastes bad.

Yet another Sarah.

A pair from Noodler's: Berning Red and Squeteague (sp?)

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

PRDCSS Blue. How? I have no idea, but it does involve a FC #20 pocket pen. It blurbed earlier.

Kon-Peki from wiping up a few droplets.

Violette Pensee and Baystate Blue on my left hand. I had to write down a quick reminder but I didn't have any paper, so I wrote on my hand. The pen with the VP ran out of ink, so I had to use Baystate Blue. :D

Okuyama and Yamabudo with a touch of DeAtremenris Columbine blue. It was a clean and tweak gloomy afternoon. Those tend to be rather messy.

Yet another Sarah.

Platinum Blue-Black, Blackstone Daintree Green, and Private Reserve Purple Mojo.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

I cleaned 6 pens (refilling one) and made up 12 sample vials to send to a fellow FPNer, managing to get only a couple small spots of various colors plus 1 big splotch of Yama-budo.

Tiny bit of Waterman Serenity Blue. I was having a pen repaired and wanted to then ink it up. I must say that the color is kinda boring but it does wash off easily.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sailor Irori from yesterday evening when I was cleaning the Metropolitan I use for proofreading. My left hand is more pink than red though - diluted Irori is bright (almost hot) pink.

• 3 weeks later...

Umm, not my fingers but the carpet at work, Yama-guri, Fortunately, I was able to blot it before it soaked into the fiber.

A tiny bit of (diluted) Lamy Pacific Blue (trying to get a pen started after it hadn't been used for over a week -- fortunately, it *was* a Parker 51 so it's in pretty good shape :thumbup:). And a little bit of what is *supposed* to be vintage Quink Microfilm Black -- only it's looking more blue. I got most of it off yesterday my hand yesterday was a real mess -- the pen had bumped around inside a shirt pocket in a suitcase for several days, and a fair amount of ink ended up inside the cap. And, well, since it's a Parker Vacumatic, there was a LOT of ink to burp.... :headsmack: [On the plus side, though, I was afraid I'd lost the pen -- and I had just gotten it at the Ohio Pen Show a few weeks ago, too.... Whew!]

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Large-ish spot of Yama-guri on left middle finger, when refilling the pen after the carpet incident at work the night before.