What Color Are Your Fingers Today?

GouletPens

After 3 days two of my nails are still blue with Sailor Souten even after washing my head like crazy on the shower (helps clean nails), so I'm going to cut them off the first thing tomorrow.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• amberleadavis

• Thier.

• pmhudepo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Noodler's Ottoman Azure. Too bad. That's liquid gold to me. I was decanting from the Noodler's bottle to a Diamine bottle I have dedicated to that color. Stupid me, now I remember why I usually do the transfer using a syringe. Why did I really think I was just going to pour from one bottle to the other?

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Noodler's Liberty's Elysium. The sample vial was trickier to work with than I expected. Ordered some syringes for next time.

Noodler's FPN Van Gogh Starry Night. Put an ink miser in to use the last of the bottle now. I'm gonna need a fresh bottle soon. :)

Noodler's Brexit. Purple? PURPLE?! Not the color I was led to expect, but now I have a purple and a good "where did you get THAT?" story. :)

Organics Studio Oscar's Copper.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

My fingers are clean, but my cat's paws are Diamine Sherwood Green. Are ink manufacturers using catnip as a secret ingredient? I swear Jasper ignores what I do at my desk until I uncap a pen and start to write.

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

This year, the show pin for the LA Pen show was a cat tipping over the ink. I thought of you.

Here are some past pins, but not the 2017 pin. I will try and find a picture.

http://www.lainternationalpenshow.com/the-show-pin.html

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This year, the show pin for the LA Pen show was a cat tipping over the ink. I thought of you.

Here are some past pins, but not the 2017 pin. I will try and find a picture.

http://www.lainternationalpenshow.com/the-show-pin.html

I keep having visions of one of my cats either crashing into my legs or jumping on the counter while I have an open bottle of ink, with predictable results. :yikes:

Thankfully the cats have so far only knocked metal bodied pens off my desk.

Fingers are an interesting blend of Noodler's English Roses in Black Swan, Diamine Red Lustre and superglue. The fingerprint sensor on my mobile phone hasn't recognised my fingerprints in days...

Lamy Petrol LE. It arrived today and I couldn't wait to fill my new Lamy Safari Petrol. I don't know what happened but my left thumb and forefinger are covered in it.

Today some of my fingers are blue, Monteverde Blue blue. How it got out of the pen and onto my fingers I do not know. Anyway, that's the color now, but I expect that another wash or two and they'll be free of that ink.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

The thumb is partly black because my Jinhao converter is leaking a bit. However, the other nine fingers smell of mangos because I am making a mango mousse cake. Both will be gone by morning.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor Jentle Yama-dori -does this ever come off your fingers?

I love the ink, but the plastic insert makes syringing a sample for a colleague victim as fiddly as anything.. Still I have a convert from cartridges :rolleyes:

Sailor Rikyu-cha, because I made the mistake of shaking a freshly-filled pen with the cap off. Rikyu-cha might be gorgeous on paper, but it makes my fingers look as if I have been gardening without the gloves.

Montblanc Royal Blue. I flushed the Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black out of my Pelikan M600 after using that color in my journal pens since February. Time for a bit more vibrant color I think, and MBRB is such a nice ink.

Today it was Noodler's Heart of Darkness. Downside of eyedropper pens -- they burp when they're down to about half full. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sailor Rikyu-Cha. My Sailor ProGear refused to fill itself from a bottle - had to use a syringe. No matter how careful I am filling a converter, the stain is always there - on two fingers at least ;)

Practice, patience, perseverance

Time for an update in daily blue: from the standard Pelikan Royal Blue to Iroshizuku asa-gao...

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

I got ink from the bottle top on my left forefinger when filling a pen this morning. Finger is tipped with Franklin - Christoph Tenebris Purpuratum.

Sailor Jentle Ultra Marine. Filled my new Pelikan M600 Red Striped XF.