What Color Are Your Fingers Today?

GouletPens

Iroshizuko Asa-gao on thumb and foot. Inked up a TWSBI, walked around a bit and pointed the uncapped pen downwards. I didn't think about excess ink in the feed and now I have a blue toe.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• amberleadavis

• Thier.

• pmhudepo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that the husband may be in need of minor adjustment...

Maybe... We are currently in different countries - I'm in our holiday home in NZ and he's at home in Aus. He rang me in a panic yesterday because he reset his iPad and didn't know the password to our home wifi. Apparently, he couldn't get his emails or download The Age, and thought resetting the iPad might solve the problem. Of course it didn't as the outage was due to the NBN cable to the modem coming loose. (Hed knocked while vacuuming the day before.) Poor dear, not safe to be left home alone.

Morning: a bit of Kon-Peki, inking my new Pilot CH 912 (mixed feelings about the pen, still love the ink).

Afternoon: Diamine Emerald, cleaning the Kaweco Liliput nib. The little beast, sitting in my jeans pocket, managed to unscrew the cap and tried to break free. No way! But the nib picked some cloth, so...

Practice, patience, perseverance

Sailor Miruai. Had to check the ink level in my Metropolitan and the section was stuck...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

I tiny smudge of Sailor Kin-Mokusei from when I was filling the converter, and I'm sure I've got a tinge of Waterman Inspired Blue somewhere from when I was flushing the pen wherein the Kin-Mokusei now resides.

Just a tiny spot of Diamine Asa Blue - wiping my Sheaffer Imperial II after inking.

Edited by eliweisz

Red, blue, and purple. I was swapping my Noodler's Charlie pen from Diamine Blue Velvet to Lamy Red and my Pilot Metropolitan from Noodler's Heart of Darkness to Des Atramentis Elderberries (which does not have that much of a scent in my opinion, much to my disappointment as a Monty Python fan).

Today, just a bit of Lamy Coral, from flushing my Pelikano P460 so I could try out MB Golden Yellow in it. (The Coral is currently in my 'nice' Pelikan.)

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Noodler's Kung Te Cheng. I keep forgetting that it needs to be a daily writer :blush: -- so I had trouble getting the Konrad it's in started and then continuing to write. Last week when it was unbearably hot and humid -- zero problems, and reminded me why I have a backup bottle of it. Today, when it's a lot drier out, and it was being cloggy? Not so much. :angry:

Fortunately it washes off my hands easily. Other surfaces -- (again) not so much....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@Parker, I find that many inks are sensitive to atmosphere and the larger the ink capacity of the pen, the more sensitive the ink is to changes the environment.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Noodlers Baystate blue. I really ought to stop using this ink.

Have bought it 3 times, sold all 3 times after taking a fill. I am hoping that I won't be lured into buying it again. (Lured in as in when someone is coming back from USA, because USPS shipping is never reasonable)

At a quick glance I've got Iroshizuku Yama-budo on my fingers, as well as a Diamine Bilberry spot. And a stubborn Waterman Inspired Blue stain on one fingernail.

After a few days swimming in the Aegean sea, my fingers color is back to normal. The only problem is my notes are all full with watery marks...

Edited by Frank66

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

Fingers full of Shin-ryoku thanks to what looks to be a crack in the section of my 144. **shakes fist @ 144** Pulled from rotation until I can afford to get it repaired.

Just found a couple vintage boxes of Sheaffer Skrip cartridges at a yard sale. I shall have to introduce one to one of my vintage Sheaffers. :)

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Just a hint of Iroshizuku Yu-Yake. Inked my Kaweco Sport today, using "the long awaited Kaweco piston converter". Nice.