What Ink Do You Use In Your Twsbi

TSWard

What ink are you using in your TWSBI? Is anything staining it? Anything flowing well?

My Go-To MB Toffee was alright.

PR Orange Crush was 'eh'.

PR Velvet Black was better.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy James

• fyton73

• rwilsonedn

• Mahaim

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I've only used Aurora black, which just does not stain. I chose to load up the pen with Aurora because of this ink's non-staining properties. I wanted to go gentle at first. And, in addition, Aurora black is a very lubricating ink too, so my TWSBI writes quite smoothly for an F. I'm curious to see if other inks will feel so nice.

I know that I could have used a more flashy color, but actually, the black ink matches the black parts, so the color of the ink and parts actually make a nice marriage.

I would like to hear other people's experiences on what inks have and have NOT stained, for future reference.

I would prefer to try some colored inks too, but with no staining if at all possible.

For example, how are the Iroshizuku inks holding up in this respect?

Edited by Ron2

Using Private Reserve Tanzanite right now. Previously, Noodler's Blue. Both have had no issues. I like the nib (F) on the TWSBI.

What ink are you using in your TWSBI? Is anything staining it? Anything flowing well?

My Go-To MB Toffee was alright.

PR Orange Crush was 'eh'.

PR Velvet Black was better.

One holds Noodler's Black Moccasin Warder's ink and the other Noodler's #41 Brown. Sooner or later both will be changed but I don't know what the new inks will be or when the change will be made.

Larry

Lawrence R Witter

blackbug67

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne, the' assay so hard, so sharp the conqueryinge" - Geoffrey Chaucer

I have PR Ebony Purple in mine. It flows very well, because it is a very wet ink. I cannot tell if it is staining. I tried Cd'A Saffron and Pelikan Turquoise...none of those worked to my satisfaction. They were too dry in that nib.

+1 - PR Tanzanite

~ Poor is the Nation that has no Heroes... but beggared is the Nation that has, and forgets them. ~

MB Racing Green

Next up will be Diamine Majestic Blue

I find the pen to be a dry writer with the Racing Green, but I know that tends to be the way the ink behaves for me. I have inked enough pens with it for it to be a known quantity in my book.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

PR Midnight Blue for me.

Waterman Florida Blue and Blue-Black were technically fine but both were too light from an EF nib.

Probably good choices in medium and fine nibs.

YMMV

I'm glad to read the variety of inks people are putting in their TWSBI's... I have some Sheaffer Vintage Blue-Black because I was too worried about staining problems. When I need to refill (and with a fine point and a large ink supply, it will be a

while, I'll branch out!

cheers

skyppere