Inoxcrom

kissing

I just bought my first Inoxcrom fountain pen yesterday at a brick&mortar store in the city.

Price: AU$45 (US$33)

Writing Performance:

The shopkeeper said that Inoxcroms come in just one nib size, and it writes like a Fine/Medium. For comparison, it writes a tiny, tiny bit thicker than a Parker XF (Sonnet) and a tiny bit wetter.

For a store-bought school pen at this price, am pleasantly impressed at how it writes. It's not as slippery as my Pelikan M150 (xf), but that's how I like my nibs. I like them to have a subtle dash of tooth, as this helps my writing to be more controlled and it actually feels like 'writing', rather than hosing ink onto the paper :lol:

The "iridium" tip is smaller than most Parkers and Pelikans. This gives the nib a bit of a bias on the directions it writes in (hard to explain in words :unsure:) Like...It's not as 360degrees smooth like pens with big, round ball nibs have. I actually like it on the Inoxcrom as it gives my writing more uniform, rather than getting all irregular and loopy.

Filling System:

International Short cartridges. 2 of them back to back or a Rotring converter (or equivalent).

Material/Design:

Length - 140mm (capped)

The Inoxcrom fountain pen series comes in a wide range of colours and finishes. The company's focus tends to be the Modern/Urban look and stylish simplicity. The particular one I got is a a dark green Laquer over metal.

The clip is robust and springy and moderately firm. The cap fits very tightly onto the pen (reminds me of the Sheaffer Javlin) and can be annoying (unless you like the sturdy feeling of a tight cap). I hope I don't accidently whack someone with my fist while trying to uncap it at school :lol:

The grip has triangular grooves, similar to that of a Lamy safari, except it is not as strongly defined in the Inoxcrom. This grip is comfortable for me, but for those who do not like triangular grips, this can be annoying.

The pen is quite heavy, as it is made of thick metal and laquer. The cap can be posted without much worry of scratching the barrel, but I doubt you would want to post it anyway. It's very heavy to write with it posted, as having it unposted is hefty enough. I don't mind heavy pens and can write with one for extended periods of time without getting tired. However, for those who prefer lighter pens, Inoxcrom has a range of lighter pens made of plastic or stainless steel.

The pen seems quite durable and able to endure the needs of school life quite well.

Overall, compared to most of the other pens at similar prices at the Brick+Mortar shop, Inoxcrom seems to really stand out as it costs less than what it looks like (not taking online deals into account).

Personal Score: 7/10

Some rough psychology notes I quicky jotted down with the Inoxcrom:

post-34-1158635948_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kissing

• Maja

• p-zero

• fjf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! I have seen some Inoxcrom pens on sale here in Finland but I have always thought that it was a Spanish cheapo bad quality noname company. But I'll have to check that company's products more thoroughly in the future, I guess. :lol:

Well reviewed, it's a nice looking pen, I love dark green and heavy pens. I also enjoyed seeing your handwriting, it makes me feel as though I know you a little better. Odd isn't it?

Badge

I have a very small, plastic barrel Inoxecrom fountain pen. It was cheap-like $6, and I have been pleased with it's performance. I recently bought a small international converter for it, but I haven't used it yet. Hopefully it will work as well as the cartidges did.

SMALL INTERNATIONAL CONVERTER????!! :D

would that be the answer to having a MB Mozart with a converter? :P if that is so, i need to know wot kind of converter u've bought cos ive always (ALWAYS) wanted a MB Mozart but i never bought one cos its a cartridge fill, but with this mention of a small int'l converter.......... :D

anyway....ive seen a couple of these pens and i think theyre very cute, but like LapsangS said, theyre sort of like this no-name pen maker for erm, errrr kids...so ive always been hesitant (the fact that theyre also the same price as the cute parker jotter FPs makes me wanna change me mind all the time) but anyway....hmm...i think im gonna give inoxcrom a try...i

i solemnly swear that i am up to no good.

Thank you everyone for your replies :) I was worried that no-one would be interested in Inoxcrom as a fountain pen maker B) I think they would be liked by many people in this forum if they tried it.

Lapsang - They're not really a 'no-name' pen. They have quite an innovative (heavily programmed <_<) website and a bit of history.

http://www.inoxcrom.com/english/m_mon2.htm

Quite a modern brand, like the Lamy, but not as big-scale on fountain pens alone. They do have some cute designs and I like their fountain pen (though the nib comes in one size for all). The quality is pretty good too. A friend of mine bought me an Inoxcrom ballpen (takes Parker refills) with my name engraved on it earlier this year, and it's one of the very few non-fountainpens I actually use. It's made of thick chrome and very tough! :rolleyes: I love it how Inoxcrom fountain pens always tend to be built tough and practical too, while not sacrificing stylish design (*cough* Rotring *cough*).

parker, if you're looking for short international converters, I think Tryphon had the advertised in the Marketplace:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=15700

Otherwise, I think Rotring converters work in most pens that take Short International cartridges ;)

fjf - I am a poor highschool student right now, but people on FPN have been very generous to me :)

p-zero - Do you have any details where I can purchase the cheaper plastic Inoxcroms? I think they're the perfect choice for introducing people to the world of fountain pens. I find Inoxcrom fountain pens more reliable than even Parkers as entry level fountain pens. IMO, the JotterFP, Vector and Reflex are of lower quality than the Inoxcrom, even they're the same price. Also, the nib writing width on Inoxcrom is more appealing to write with than the broad-ish Parker Mediums which sometimes puts first-time users off :(

Badger - That is actually not my typical handwriting. It's actually a bit loopier than that :doh: At least it's legible :) And by "know me a little better" - I hope you're not referring to the words "punishment" :lol: :)

Maja, I am in the same position as you. I write rapidly with fountain pens, and ones that are too smooth (like most Parkers are) are difficult to write with and actually tire my hands due to slipping :unsure:

I'm loving my Inoxcrom :wub: I'll probably use it to do my final exams which are in a few months time :)

ps: Inoxcrom is where I got the motto "The Writing Obsession!" from ;)

Edited by kissing

....Not directly related to the pen review, but rather to wiglaf's comment. I thoroughly enjoy Kissing's contributions - not only because of the content, but also because this is a kid that can put a sentence together and spell. It kind of restores my hope a bit ;)

Nice Job Kissing! No wonder such a high-caliber institution as Murphy Towers has bestowed the honor (?) of membership upon you.

Cheers, Dan

p-zero - Do you have any details where I can purchase the cheaper plastic Inoxcroms? I think they're the perfect choice for introducing people to the world of fountain pens. I find Inoxcrom fountain pens more reliable than even Parkers as entry level fountain pens. IMO, the JotterFP, Vector and Reflex are of lower quality than the Inoxcrom, even they're the same price. Also, the nib writing width on Inoxcrom is more appealing to write with than the broad-ish Parker Mediums which sometimes puts first-time users off :(

Wish I could tell you where to get the cheap little Inoxecrom like I have but I don't know of any place. I live near Kent State University & they used to sell them at the art store there that caters to the art students. Now they are carrying NO fps at all & only some little canisters of J. Herbin cartridges. If I ever come acoss a site that sells them, I'll let you know...

....Not directly related to the pen review, but rather to wiglaf's comment. I thoroughly enjoy Kissing's contributions - not only because of the content, but also because this is a kid that can put a sentence together and spell. It kind of restores my hope a bit ;)

Nice Job Kissing! No wonder such a high-caliber institution as Murphy Towers has bestowed the honor (?) of membership upon you.

Cheers, Dan

Fank u Caboose :) Itz so nice to heer a complament :lol:

My english may differ a bit from U.S. english though, as I'm living in Australia. For example, I spell "honor" as "honour".

Murphy Towers...I think all they've done is given me an Irish accent :unsure:

I don't know whether I'm a bit of an extremist :ph34r: , but I think every young person should use a fountain pen. I'm sure it's something everyone would embrace if they experienced the beauty of them in full. It'll improve their writing and grammar too, as it convinces them to write more :lol:

fjf - I am a poor highschool student right now, but people on FPN have been very generous to me :)

When I was a poor student, there was no internet. Don't know if you can conceive that. Back then, the only ways of getting to know distant people were short wave radio or snail mail. I feel like I was born in the neanderthal's age!. Anyway, I understand that people here like you. You are a nice young fellow.

Regards.

• 11 months later...

I have been using an Inoxcrom fp since March, and I love it. I would love to find more like it to give as gifts. Does anyone know where to purchase online?

I just bought my first Inoxcrom fountain pen yesterday at a brick&mortar store in the city.

Price: AU$45 (US$33)

Writing Performance:

The shopkeeper said that Inoxcroms come in just one nib size, and it writes like a Fine/Medium. For comparison, it writes a tiny, tiny bit thicker than a Parker XF (Sonnet) and a tiny bit wetter.

For a store-bought school pen at this price, am pleasantly impressed at how it writes. It's not as slippery as my Pelikan M150 (xf), but that's how I like my nibs. I like them to have a subtle dash of tooth, as this helps my writing to be more controlled and it actually feels like 'writing', rather than hosing ink onto the paper :lol:

The "iridium" tip is smaller than most Parkers and Pelikans. This gives the nib a bit of a bias on the directions it writes in (hard to explain in words :unsure:) Like...It's not as 360degrees smooth like pens with big, round ball nibs have. I actually like it on the Inoxcrom as it gives my writing more uniform, rather than getting all irregular and loopy.

Filling System:

International Short cartridges. 2 of them back to back or a Rotring converter (or equivalent).

Material/Design:

Length - 140mm (capped)

The Inoxcrom fountain pen series comes in a wide range of colours and finishes. The company's focus tends to be the Modern/Urban look and stylish simplicity. The particular one I got is a a dark green Laquer over metal.

The clip is robust and springy and moderately firm. The cap fits very tightly onto the pen (reminds me of the Sheaffer Javlin) and can be annoying (unless you like the sturdy feeling of a tight cap). I hope I don't accidently whack someone with my fist while trying to uncap it at school :lol:

The grip has triangular grooves, similar to that of a Lamy safari, except it is not as strongly defined in the Inoxcrom. This grip is comfortable for me, but for those who do not like triangular grips, this can be annoying.

The pen is quite heavy, as it is made of thick metal and laquer. The cap can be posted without much worry of scratching the barrel, but I doubt you would want to post it anyway. It's very heavy to write with it posted, as having it unposted is hefty enough. I don't mind heavy pens and can write with one for extended periods of time without getting tired. However, for those who prefer lighter pens, Inoxcrom has a range of lighter pens made of plastic or stainless steel.

The pen seems quite durable and able to endure the needs of school life quite well.

Overall, compared to most of the other pens at similar prices at the Brick+Mortar shop, Inoxcrom seems to really stand out as it costs less than what it looks like (not taking online deals into account).

Personal Score: 7/10

Some rough psychology notes I quicky jotted down with the Inoxcrom:

I saw lots of Inoxcroms when I was in France, but couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to try one or not. I went with Waterman instead. It seems like there's a range of entry-level Inoxcroms available, so you can decide if you want something under $10 from the pen cup, or more expensive out of the glass case. I will have to pick one up next time. (Among the 95 other pens I could "pick up next time" :rolleyes: )

Do the nibs run wide or narrow? I'm guessing they're on the wide side, if they're made in Europe.

schreibvergnuegen

visit my blog! the teahouse

Thanks Leigh :lol:

I knew different Inoxcroms had names :doh: !! But I was unable to find the names on the internet.

The line width varies solely on the ink, I think :)

Kissing,

Do you know if the B & M store owner would be interested in selling online, and even to US customers? Might expand his horizons a bit.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

I know it's out of the FP subject, but their gel pen refills are the best I have tried -even better than Parker.

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg