Triad, Nc- Pen Club, Anyone?

smoores

My October is already pretty crazy...the last two weekends of the month aren't as bad yet, but please do whatever works for the majority.

I have started a new thread with questions to help narrow down our best meeting times and places, etc. Please take a second a fill it out for us, if you would in this other thread ONLY... http://www.fountainp...lanning-survey/

The questions below are all covered, but I had to combine them because the survey only allows you five questions. Thanks!

Survey Questions

City- Greensboro, Winston-Salem, somewhere in between?

Bookstore, coffee shop, restaurant?

Time/ Day:

Weekend or weeknight?

Time of day?

Information:

Topics that you would like to see covered in the future, if possible?

Participation:

Monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly meetings?

Do you plan to be a regular attender, occasional attender, or once/ twice-a-year attender?

Edited by smoores

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

Check out my wish list on my profile.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoores

• inkyindi

• Jimmy James

• WendyNC

Eastern N.C sure would be a nice place. I live in Goldsboro and there's two of us that meet up once a week who have a class at the local community college together. For the past three or four weeks we've been meeting at the Starbucks on Wayne Memorial before our evening class. I am new to the fountain pen passion and I find the networking of fantastic value.

I am aware of the Triangle meetup, but it's on the West side of Raleigh and that makes it hard. RDU is about a solid 1:15 drive without any glitch in traffic and weather.

Edited by Wilson Hines

Wilson Hines
Favorite Inks: Noodler's Baystate Inks and Diamine Poppy Red
Favorite Pens: Laban, Pilot VP
I've been in the hobby since 2010.

So how was the turnout?

It was myself, Aubrey and her husband. Great things from small beginnings! :D Looking forward to the next meeting and seeing more pen/ink people!

Anyone have a date for late October or early November that they would like to propose?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

i've been away for a while...did the group meet again or is there a hiatus until spring?

I don't think there has been another meeting yet. I was thinking to propose a date in early January, unless everyone wants a pen and ink fix in early December. Any thoughts?

well, I will have less & less spare time between now & january, so if ya'll schedule something for december I won't be able to make it. After the new year things start balancing out time-wise for me. If ya'll meet in December, have fun! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi gang! Anybody ever come to terms on another meeting place or date? I'd love to be a part of the next one...

"You go through things. You don't change because things come in your life. You get better because things come in your life." Wayman Tisdale...

Hi gang! Anybody ever come to terms on another meeting place or date? I'd love to be a part of the next one...

Not as of yet, but we would be happy to get a couple of suggestions. I won't be home again until this weekend, but most of the rest of January (weekends anyway) are pretty clear. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Have there been any more discussions on this? I'm in Lexington and work at Volvo in Greensboro.

The only active club in NC that I am aware of is Tri Pen http://www.rosspens.com/tripen.htm which meets in Durham. I have not gone to any of those meetings myself, just stumbled on to the web page while looking for something else.

Have there been any more discussions on this? I'm in Lexington and work at Volvo in Greensboro.

Yes, we've had a Triad Pen Posse off and on. I haven't been able to put one together in a long time, though. PM me and I'll try to get you down on our email list. I've been thinking that I need to arrange one again soon since it's been sooooo long.

• 3 weeks later...

Helping to keep this bumped. Last meeting I recall the shop didn't open for us and only JohnnyT and I showed.

It would be nice for everyone to get together again.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

• 1 month later...

Would love to get something together this summer. Johnny and I talked at the pen show along with some others and are shooting for a Saturday in July or August and probably in Winston Salem this time. Trying to get my ducks in a row to see what weekends I'm going to have open.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

New here. Is there still interest in a Triad Pen Club? Is it happening? I live near Highpoint and would love to be part of a regular pen-people gathering.

-ashley

I'm in Greensboro quite often for work. Would love to maybe meet up and talk pens if anyone is interested. It's normally during the week that I'm there.

Edited by chad.trent