Triad, Nc- Pen Club, Anyone?

smoores

I don't have a proper FPN badge, but I do have a nametag with my FPN screen name on a light blue background. See y'all there.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoores

• inkyindi

• Jimmy James

• WendyNC

I don't have an FPN badge either....but I will come up with something so that everyone knows where to go once they get to Panera. :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

Check out my wish list on my profile.

Yeah I was not given FPN credentials either.....but I should be easy to spot, due to the economy I will be the one hitchhiking up HWY 29 to be there - please don't run me over :blush: !

"Nothing is so dangerous to the development of the human mind than to assume that our views of science are ultimate, that there are no mysteries left in nature, that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."

- Humphrey Davies in defense of Michael Faraday

I hope yall have a good meeting. I cannot be there on late Saturday afternoons, but I might drive up from time to time when you have special events.

Best of luck in starting the club.

Peace

Peace,

J. Kenneth Byrd, Jr.

(Kenny)

The Tar Heel State--GO HEELS!

Figures, the one day I'm inundated with engagements. Let me know what happens, I'll try to make the next one.

"Where There is Nothing There is God"

W.B. Yeats

One of the things that I would like to do at the first meeting is find out when everyone IS available most often, so that we can rotate days and times enough that everyone gets to come now and then. So, if you want to me PM me your best possible times and days so that I can take it with me to the meeting, go for it! :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

I know the shop is mostly geared toward calligraphy stuff but we should drop a line to http://www.johnnealbooks.com on spring garden street in Greensboro. And even if he doesn't have the facilities to meet at, maybe meet somewhere close by. They're good people there, plus it's the only place locally that carries McCaffery's iron gall ink.

W.B. Yeats

I know the shop is mostly geared toward calligraphy stuff but we should drop a line to http://www.johnnealbooks.com on spring garden street in Greensboro. And even if he doesn't have the facilities to meet at, maybe meet somewhere close by.

There's a cool coffee shop right across the street. :)

I know the shop is mostly geared toward calligraphy stuff but we should drop a line to http://www.johnnealbooks.com on spring garden street in Greensboro. And even if he doesn't have the facilities to meet at, maybe meet somewhere close by.

Then logistically that's a winner location I'd say! And the name of the coffee shop is?

W.B. Yeats

Drat, phooey and bleep, bleep, bleep--my husband just reminded me that our homeowners' association meeting is at 6:30 on Saturday and that I have to be there since I'm the treasurer. :crybaby:

Drat, phooey and bleep, bleep, bleep--my husband just reminded me that our homeowners' association meeting is at 6:30 on Saturday and that I have to be there since I'm the treasurer. :crybaby:

Noooo! :(

Then logistically that's a winner location I'd say! And the name of the coffee shop is?

Coffee Break. If you google it and look at the street view, it's the building to the left of the place marker.

I am sadly also out for tomorrow. My wife has an engagement she really has to go to, and you don't want my two and a half year old around your favorite pens. ;)

Next time I hope.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Not sure who will be there tomorrow...but I will be. :) See you then! And for those who can't make it this time, I look forward to getting to meet you in the future!

Not sure who will be there tomorrow...but I will be. :) See you then! And for those who can't make it this time, I look forward to getting to meet you in the future!

It was great to meet you and your husband, Aubrey! I'm looking forward to the next meeting and this time I'll be prepared!! :)

Does the Triad Pen Club's membership include folks from the Charlotte Metro area also, or is there a pre-existing Charlotte get-together? If not, it looks like I have an excuse to go on a road trip! :thumbup:

Sadly no, so it's off to the Triad. Keep us posted on the next meeting and hopefully more of us will be able to make it.

W.B. Yeats

Shall we start talking about a date now? It seems that weekends get busier as we go into the fourth quarter of the year.