Triad, Nc- Pen Club, Anyone?

smoores

Hello to any fellow North Carolinians,

I am not sure if there are any existing pen clubs that meet in the Winston-Salem, Asheboro, Greensboro, or even Salisbury areas? I would love to get into a pen club locally. If you know of any, please fill me in! :) If not, is anyone interested in joining one if I can put it together?

Thanks! :) Can't wait to see wait happens!

Aubrey

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

Check out my wish list on my profile.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoores

• inkyindi

• Jimmy James

• WendyNC

I hope you can organize one; they're GREAT fun! My work schedule prevented me from regularly attending one in Durham, but it was wonderful when I went. The annual pen shows are nice, but sitting at a table of people with coffee and dessert, talking pens ... :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Yay! Let's see what other locations we have represented here and then we will work on finding a central location and get some ideas flowing. I'm REALLY excited!! :D Can't wait to see what happens!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

You get one going, Aubrey, and whenever I visit family in Upstate SC I'll come up and join in!! :rolleyes:

I'm about as in between the Triangle and the Triad as you can be and still be anywhere. Greensboro is certainly an option and I can do Winston.

Edited by WendyNC

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Okay, so I am looking at my calendar for September and going to check some possible locations. I will let everyone know as soon as I can get some details together...may be later next week before I send out any info....lots going on this next week. :)

I'm sort of all over the state now and in-between a move, but get the details together and I'll see if I can make it.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

I just moved to the area from NYC and would love to join!

"Nothing is so dangerous to the development of the human mind than to assume that our views of science are ultimate, that there are no mysteries left in nature, that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."

- Humphrey Davies in defense of Michael Faraday

Okay, so here goes...for the first meeting anyway...future meetings could be different times, places, etc. We'll see what everyone is interested in doing and decide from there.

Who?

Open to any pen lovers interested in attending. No commitments for the future, just come and have fun!

What?

Triad Pen Meet (??, we'll have to think of a name at the meeting)

When?

Saturday, September 25th at 5:30pm

Where?

Panera Bread

4203 West Wendover Avenue

Greensboro, NC 27407

336-834-0085

You are welcome to order dinner and eat while we meet or just enjoy being surrounded by pens and the people who love them.

Why?

Well, because we love pens and inks...and we want to hang out with other pen and ink lovers. :) But really, who needs a reason?

I have marked the date in my calendar! I look forward to meeting everyone. I'll be wearing my FPN badge so if you see me wander in, flag me down. :D See ya'll then!

I hope this works out for me. Is there any suggested theme or what have you for this first meeting? Favorite pen?

I thought about something along those lines. Maybe favorite two or three pens. :) Any thoughts?

I hope this works out for me. Is there any suggested theme or what have you for this first meeting? Favorite pen?

I thought about something along those lines. Maybe favorite two or three pens. :) Any thoughts?

I vote for top three pens. It can be very hard to narrow it down to just one, at least it is for me. I have 5 that I carry around every day. :cloud9:

• 2 weeks later...

Even narrowing it down to 5 would be a challenge for me. So, let's say bring some favorites, however many. :D