The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Dear Pen Pal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Free Citizen

Free Citizen

aka freenational

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 07:39

Hi Pen-folks,

I don’t know if any of you are old enough to remember a TV program in the 70s that was titled Big Blue Marble. It is a children’s program that featured children from all over the world about their lives in general. It was a great cultural program and one of its key features was to promote Pen Pals around the Globe. I had a Pen Pal from the US through that program. That was the first time I learnt to use aerogramme. If some of you will recall, the instruction was to write to;

Dear Pen Pal
P.O. Box XXXX
(followed by some zip no. in CA)
USA

Well, this Thread is for such purpose. For those of you looking for new snails or just the opportunity to use your pens, inks and paper, look no further. Post here, tell a little bit about yourself, where you are located (address not neccessary at this stage) and the kind or type of snails you are looking for. Snails interested can contact you by PM. Happy trapping :)
T-H Lim
Life is short, so make the best of it while we still have it.

Sponsored Content

#2 Free Citizen

Free Citizen

aka freenational

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:38

Dear Pen Pal,

My name is Lim. That is all that is required to address me formally. Mr. Lim that is. It is a family name and a very large one I have to warn you. So large, it ranks no. 4 in the almanac of Chinese families. But I am not a Chinese citizen. But if I were to visit China and ask for a phone directory, a whole volume could be dedicated to the Lim family. Perhaps even several volumes. It is said, if one's Chinese surname is not in the list of top 100, they belong to the small families. It is my believe that if all the Lims come together for a reunion dinner, we could populate a whole nation. Will Shu-Jen Lin agree to that?

I am located in the Penang isle off the coast of Malaya near the northern part of the Straits of Malacca. The busiest sea lane in the world. My country, Malaysia is a multi-cultural nation. However, because our King is a Muslim, in fact all our Sultans are Muslim, Islam is declared the official religion. But freedom of worship is a constitutional right. Where religion is concern, I find the philosophy of Bertrand Russel appealing, but the Lord Buddha probably have the right answers.

So, you know Who I am, What I am and Where I am. To know How I am, contact me by PM. BTW, I don't snail with terrorists ;)

Edited by Free Citizen, 03 December 2004 - 11:36.

T-H Lim
Life is short, so make the best of it while we still have it.

Sponsored Content

|