The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Danitrio Mikado Ishime-kinji

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aldi

aldi

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 21:39

Introduction : I like oversized pens and when I saw the Mikado I decided to give it a chance. It's a very comfortable pen. Usually I don't like to post my pens and this isn't an exception. So, let's start:

Ink flow 10/10
With an ebonite feeder (correct me if I am wrong) and semi-flex nib, ink flow is not a problem. This is a wet writer, but less than the Pelikans. I also discovered that ink flow can be slightly controlled with the tail ink stopper.

Balance and feel 10/10
The pen is made of ebonite and it's extremely light. It doesn't have that plastic feel, it' has an "alive" warm touch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nib 10/10

It has a big semi-flex fine nib, nicely engraved and being an eyedropper filler pen I never clean it, it never gets dirty. It's smooth and produces a good line variation. This fine nib produces the same line as Pelikan fine nib does.

Writing simple:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Presentation 7/10

This pen came with solid box, very well finished, but no ink. Nowadays, Mikado come with bigger box, cleaning cloth and maybe a pillow (I maybe wrong, some are extras).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ink capacity 10/10 (or 11/10? ;))

Ink capacity is 4 ml and even more (it can take about 4.5ml), this is equivalent to 6.5 cartridges...
It takes all this ink and even more: :notworthy1:

Posted Image

Build quality 10/10
The pen is made of ebonite, one of the excellent materials for pens manufacturing. It has a very special scent/aroma/fragrance, it's unique. Who has ebonite pen, knows what I am talking about.
The Ishime-kinji finish is very beautiful, the idea is to make the pen look like a stone. It's very realistic.

Filling system 10/10
The pen has an eyedropper filling system with tail ink stopper (shut off valve). Also the shut off valve is very practical, I did the following experiment: I left the pen with the nib downward during two days: finally there was no extra ink in the feeder or over the nib: with this pen you don't care how you transport it (don't forget to close the valve).

Posted Image

Value 10/10
This is not a cheap pen. This is an art- handwork made pen. I think it is worth the price one paids for handmade pens.

Pen case 9/10
Solid pen case with magnetic closure, suitable for on-desk pen holder.

Total: 9.55/10

Thank you for looking!

If you want your dreams to come true, don't sleep.

Sponsored Content

#2 aldi

aldi

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 21:51

I am selling this beauty to fund another pen (sounds familiar?)

Here is the topic.
If you want your dreams to come true, don't sleep.

#3 jniforat

jniforat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 22:28

1. Beautiful, beauitful pen.

2. Don't sell it!!!!!!

3. 4-4.5mL of ink? O.M.G. :yikes:

Sponsored Content

|