Hi all

lisa

Hi,

Just a short story to what brought me here.

I used to used a fountain pen all the way trough highschool. A lefthanded pelikano pen, then years of no fountain pen followed and a few weeks ago I bought a fountain pen again. A Waterman Apostrophe. A simple but nice pen. Of course you'll go and look around at fountain pens online and not long after I found that pens twice the price in brick and morter shops can be found for cheap at ebay. So I got me a Waterman Audace pen. Of course when you buy it at ebay for cheap you'll run into trouble and I'm here hoping to solve it. Also hoping that I won't get tempted to buy even more pens... You see, I don't write even that much. But having a few nice pens can never hurt, can it. And my handwriting is much better with a fountain pen. And being lefthanded I get less ink on my hand with a fountain pen then I do with a ballpoint pen. Yeah, I know, strange, but I hold them differently and that seems to make all the difference.

Anyway, nice to be here! :)

Lisa

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lisa

• wimg

• playpen

• mike1

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa,

Welcome on board.

Also hoping that I won't get tempted to buy even more pens 

Boy have you come to the wrong place :D :D

Of course when you buy it at ebay for cheap you'll run into trouble and I'm here hoping to solve it.

Boy have you come to the right place :D :D

Any probs you have - fire them into the Waterman Forum, or Repair Q&A

Then to relax pop along to chatter & wade right in :D

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Lisa,

Welcome on board.

Boy have you come to the wrong place :D  :D

Yeah I thought so. I'm staring to get very scared for my already thin wallet because of another enthousiast board I was stupid enough to join. ;)

Boy have you come to the right place :D  :D

Any probs you have - fire them into the Waterman Forum, or Repair Q&A

Then to relax pop along to chatter & wade right in  :D

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

That's good to know!

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

You've got what appears to be start of the fountain pen obsession that affects most of us here at FPN. Welcome.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hello and welcome aboard! Feel free to post any questions you have, and remember, pics always help. Odds are pretty good that one of the gurus here will be able to help. Hope to see you around.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

I've already tried some tips I've found during searches I did here. But all the technical fountain pen terms in English (I'm Dutch) got me a bit confused. I've send a message to another Dutch member here, see if he can help me. Otherwise I'll open a new thread. I'm sure with the help of you guys I'll find a solution. You're all so nice and the atmosphere here is great!

Mad Dutchman Wim might be mad but is also smart.

He was the one I send a message to. He advised me to contact the seller to at least let them know that there is a problem. And if the seller would offer a replacement to take it.

And that's exactly what the seller did.

I'll keep you all up to date how it turns out. :)

Hi Lisa, From one new member to another, welcome to the Forum. You'll find loads of articles and ideas about FP's But be warned! I ventured into the ink reviews.......terrible mistake! I'ts just toooo easy to order those lovely little bottles of ink online!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Thanks for the warning. Looking at what and how many pens everybody has I guess I really should take the warning seriously. Now I'm curious about inks... :o

Hi Lisa,

Glad things seem to be working out :D.

Regarding pens and inks: you're really in the wrong place here, in case you were avoiding to hurt your wallet :D.

I do not dare count my fps anymore these days, as at my last count I had 70, abotu a year ago, and in the mean time, well, at least 20 more (and I only dared counting for about 10 seconds :D)... And inks, well, 125 different bottled inks, plus a few more in exchange vials and cartridges... BTW, this all goes rather exponentially, too, as I've noted. Three years ago I had a single fp, languishing in a drawer somewhere, and 2 bottles of ink not opened in 5 years :lol:.

Welcome to our little fountain pen nuthouse on the digital prairie!

Warm regards, Wim ;)

edit: spelling, spelling spelling... <g>

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Welcome!

You'll find many left-handed writers on FPN, I believe we have a higher percentage here than in the general population.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Try and think of it this way:

Collecting Fountain Pens is cheaper than, say, collecting Impressionist paintings.

As addictions go it's reasonably safe. Just think, it could be black tar heroin! :blink:

At least that's what I tell my husband when the credit card bills arrive! :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1:

-Kate

Well I've got the new pen today. This one is much better. :)

In the mean time I bought two converters for my pens and two bottles of ink. I think I've got to love you and leave you if I want to stop here. Because I'm already wondering how a Pelikan pen would suit me. :o

Well I've got the new pen today. This one is much better. :)

In the mean time I bought two converters for my pens and two bottles of ink. I think I've got to love you and leave you if I want to stop here. Because I'm already wondering how a Pelikan pen would suit me.  :o

Very lovely, of course :lol:!

I'm glad to hear things seemed to have worked out for you!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Left-handed: that's what's kept me using FP's for so many years. I do indeed write better with them, any of them, and yes, I don't get ink all over my hands like BP's or, especially, rollerballs. I just hope you keep yours out and use them, as God and their designers intended.

Left-handed:  that's what's kept me using FP's for so many years.  I do indeed write better with them, any of them, and yes, I don't get ink all over my hands like BP's or, especially, rollerballs.  I just hope you keep yours out and use them, as God and their designers intended.

I do, that's why I bought them in the first place. :)

I suppose no one can explain me in a few short sentences what exactly those Murphy Towers are? :lol: All I know so far is that they can be found in 'chatter'.