Rohrer & Klingner Verdura

withoutink

You can find the full review on my blog, here is a direct link to the full review: Rohrer & Klingner Verdura Ink Review

Like green ink?

Like bright ink?

Like stuff that draws a smile on peoples faces?

Like Ireland or Irish things?

Well if you answered yes. You will love this Verdura by Rohrer & Klingner!

This is a nice bright / vivid green ink from our friends at Rohrer & Klingner. The ink worked great in my test pens. The pen I used for the sample below was my Pilot 78g M. The pen inked and started right away. I must warn you the ink is very dry. In the smudge test I couldn't get it to smear even at the 1 second point. There was very little bleed / show through, no skipping, no dry outs, no feed issues. Great shading. Lubrication is very nice even though the ink is so dry. Anyway, I hope you like it as much as I do.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4784811456_72ca55e961_b.jpg

This ink can be purchased from my friends at: Pear Tree Pens (no affiliation, just a happy customer)

Cheers-

withoutink

"Do Nothing Which is of No Use." - Musashi Miyamoto (Ancient Swordsman from the 1600's)

withoutink.com | twitter | facebook

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• withoutink

• ErrantSmudge

Let me put on my sun glasses. B)

How do you rate the shading?

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 2 years later...

I bought this ink....in fact, I'd made a mistake and bought two bottles of this ink. It is one of the lesser mistakes of my life.

I like the ink, and it shades well in my Pelikan 120 regular flex F.

I compared Pelikan Green unfairly with a Pelikan M400 '90-96 M.....both nibs are about equal in flex, just one is M and the other is F.

I was using M&K 95g Typewriting paper with watermark.

:headsmack: :embarrassed_smile: With out a real thought grabbed a semi-flex F nib instead of a regular flex F pen.So it's darker than M regular flex.

I can think but have no MB Irish Green or any of that @ color, that this R&K Verdura could match.

I didn't have enough green's that were not 'murky', I thought the Pelikan Green as a green-green.

When compared to R&K Verdura, Pelikan is a tad darker, the Verdura is more to what I'd think as an spring/Irish green.

Both R&K and Pelikan shade well, the R&K in a narrower less wet nib, shades more. (that happens in a number of inks where regular flex F and M shade very well, even better than wider or more flexible nibs...)

Pelikan its self with a good wet Pelikan M400 regular flex M and a wetter semi-flex F, both shade differently.

That is not to say it would always be like that. Some day when I turn Green, I'll do those two inks with a sufficient amount of nibs...like 4-5 per ink.

The DA Moss green, looks like spring moss, much more with the two different greens than standing alone.

Do be aware that halogen lights will give you false color.

MB Seaweed/Johnathan Swift...under halogen light was a horrible ink; to give away ASAP...in real light it was just fine; a keeper.

I had a problem with Pelikan green ink; looking to have a tad of blue. When I took it to a window with real light that blue was not there. That blue was halogen light induced.

Now have three four pens unexpectedly inked with Green inks. :blink:

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thank you!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 5 years later...

Later got MB Irish Green.

At first I had the R&K ink a nose in front of MB....some had it the other way...after reading why, thought will give it a tie for green-green inks.

The discontinued 4001 Brilliant green can be replaced by either, in it had finished a half a neck back.

I'm glad (considering they discontinued Brilliant Green) I also made a mistake and grabbed a bottle of what I thought the new darker 4001, and found out it was the Brilliant Green. The new box was @ the same.

I do have enough green-green to last me quite a while. ;)

Wai wait wait. Verdura is close to Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Green? Oh gosh, I might buy it because of nostalgia then!

And of course to sear the eyeballs of my correspondents... ; )

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Verdura, Irish Green and Brilliant Green are very nice green-green shading inks.

I have both brighter lighter and darker, so didn't find them that bright.

Well, looking at my test sheets could see where someone might think so. But with the green inks tested were not the real dark ones, Vert Empire or Seaweed, or GvFC Moss green.

Did have the dark MB White Forest. ...which also failed, it feathers too much.

Sort of the middling greens. Nib width and paper will make a difference, sometimes a big one.

Inks that failed, Aventurine(too much feathering)., Lamy Green, and.Diamine Meadow Green (other folks must have had a different batch then me...because I caught flack on that.)

There is an ink DA Spring Moss...(is a bright spring green moss) I need to test with a wider nib, in an EF is too narrow to get what a ink can do. F&M do better.

Another greenish ink, DA Golf....is a stand alone ink (like R&K Alt Goldgrun) ....will not win any comparisons; being dusty, but is a good shading ink..

Verdura, Irish Green and Brilliant Green are very nice green-green shading inks.

Thank you for the suggestions!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I keep a green Aurora Idea at my desk, dedicated to R&K Verdura. The ink matches the pen color perfectly.

I like this color - it's a bright, cheerful "green green" that contrasts with most writing. I use it to annotate, to check things off of lists, or to edit copy. This would be a good color to consider for grading papers, or editing manuscripts.

Shades nicely too on good to better paper.

Regular flex F&M are good shading nibs. Drier than semi-flex, so one don't have to match paper well, to get shading.