Color My World

Thesaurus Rex

When you look at your pen collection, is there one color that is more prevalent among your pens? For me, it's blue, closely followed by green. There are almost no reds and no yellow or orange at all.

How about you?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• wimg

• Thesaurus Rex

• kjervin

I have no yellow pens; they never seem to call to me. I like marbled or striated ones in grey, brown, and red; then there are the metallic (copper, palladium, gunmetal), and greens.

Hmmmm. I also only have one blue. Perhaps I should remedy that.

About half my pens are black, rather like my wardrobe.

Ther are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't

At least half of my pens are blue. Then I have a few each of black and red. I have two pink pens; two yellow ones; two white ones. I have a couple of brown pens; and a couple of copper colored pens. Then there are those dappled or mottled ones that are not merely one colour.

I only have one green one and would like perhaps another green one and a purple one. As a collector/user I seem to be more attracted to colors than to elegant engineering.

I only have a couple of metallic pens, but I often have thought about the elegance of Yard-O-Led and the Sailor Gaudi. Even the cheaper Ecridor looks appealing. But the taxman calleth incessantly, so I don't think I'll get any new pens for a while.

Natalie

"Tea cleared my head and left me with no misapprehensions".

The Duke of Wellington

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

My vintage pens come in all colors. The few modern pens I have seem to be mostly red. I'm not sure why.

Elaine

Hi Rex,

Blue, black, brown, red, orange, green, yellow, multi-coloured, metal, hmmm, virtually any colour, but predominantly blues. Blue is my favourite colour...

Kind regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Guest Denis Richard

I have no favorite colour on pens. Pretty much all my pens are of a different colour. It really depends on the model, more than anything else.

It's a bit like cars. I find that some cars look great in a certain color, and are just plain ugly in another. But I still have to find a colour that looks bad on a mid to late 60's Mustang :D

i have a number of green pens and really didn't consciously buy based on that. It just sort of "happened". But I have a couple of reds, a couple of blues, a purple pen, and a couple of browns. Several black pens though in general I find black pens to be boring.

Basically, I love greens and browns. I consider my Copper Estie to be in the "brown family." I would like another brown - a striking pattern like the Etruria. A good blue marble (probably M200). And a good burgundy (love the look of the Conklin Symmetrik in "Chianti"). But all of those are very low priority. I'm happy with the pens I have and can't use them all as it is. Oh - I have a grey M200 marble. One of my favorite 200s as ya'll know I love my flock.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

KCat, if you want a good brown pen, I suggest you get out your spy-glass and find yourself a tortoise-shell Magellan like mine. You'll LOOOOOOOOVE it. However, they are vanishingly rare at this point, so good luck.

KCat, if you want a good brown pen, I suggest you get out your spy-glass and find yourself a tortoise-shell Magellan like mine. You'll LOOOOOOOOVE it. However, they are vanishingly rare at this point, so good luck.

Yes, I've seen them and they are lovely. Fortunately, there are many beautiful browns out there. I wish I'd gotten a Magellan from Levenger when I had the chance. But they only had the green and the blue at the time.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

When you look at your pen collection, is there one color that is more prevalent among your pens? For me, it's blue, closely followed by green. There are almost no reds and no yellow or orange at all.

How about you?

Not really I'm more interested in what's under the cap that what's on the outside. So I hit alot of different colors. I did intentionally get a red pen since I don't have any of that color but that was really the first pen color decision I've made.

Well at first I liked blue, blue being my favourite colour, then I went on a little conversion....got rid or set aside all my blue pens and got black pens...then I went through an episode of not liking bling bling gold anymore......now that all the dust has settled, I only have black pens with silver or should I say platinum bling bling trims......I might be the most color conservative pen person here .....

Well vintage Pels come mostly in green and black. But I have a couple of those tortoise one too.

I try to be a bit more expansive with the inks. Last count: 23 bottles. Oh boy...

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -Groucho Marx

How about you?

BLUE! 2nd is black, but I'm boring that way. B)

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Gosh:

Even as a kid, i was a sucker for redheads! Still am. Even my wife is/was a brunette with reddish highlights. about 1/3 of my pens are red! I'll pick red if available over any color if I have a choice whwn buying a new pen

"Take all the advice you receive, mine included, weigh it with a grain of salt (10 lbs.) and some common sense and you'll do fine" .....Mike O'Bryan

Hmmmm.......

Black is first (almost by default) then Stainless/Aluminum/Chrome/etc then, of the colors, it is blue and then Yellow (I Like yellows, but some pens aren't avail in yellow) then red and green. Still, sometimes the colors most represented aren't always your favorite. One of me favorite looking pens in my collection is a Retro 1951 Double 8 in green, but I only have about 4 green pens. And I generally prefer Yellow to Blue, yet have more blues. Anyway, that's how my collection plays out.

Kj

Aunty Entity: Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome, and death is listening, and will take the first man that screams.

Hi KCat,

would like another brown - a striking pattern like the Etruria
That was my first Etruria, and it does come in a small size too. Just be careful, one may not be enough.... :D

Kind regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever