Any other college students here?

thn

Welcome!! I am a grad student - I carry both an AARP card and my student ID card. I take notes with a fp and use the Noodlers highlighter ink in a pen with an italic cursive nib for highlighting/underlining. Works great!

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• deepocean

• Ruaidhri

• caligatia

Hi this is an old thread but it is a pitty to let it die.

I have a degree but I am getting a second in 2 years. Add me to your MSN/Yahoo if you like: xerxes1358@gmail.com (MSN nickname). Oh btw I am not a cute girl but my gf is :) I might swap her for your Etruia. No just kidding ha ha

Edited by xerxes1358

Heya Thn,

I'm a grad student at Georgia Tech. Finally took the plunge a few months ago and got a Lamy Safari, and nowadays I can usually be found drooling all over the display cases at Art Lite (the local fountain pen store). :)

Also a Georgia Tech student here. (undergrad though)

I haven't see any students writing with FPs, but I do know of a professor that does.

Also, If it weren't for fountain pens, I'd only take a tenth of the notes that I do. :D

Connoisseur of cheap Chinese pens.

I'm an ordinary-aged college junior, mediocre handwriting, not quite supermodel material...

I have yet to see anyone at my school (though it is small) use an FP. There are many international students from India, Nepal, and Pakistan here who know how to use them. I would be thrilled to find another user here but I'm not holding my breath. My friends know a bit about them, though, from my excited ramblings when I get a new pen or (much more often) when I see some beauty while screen-shopping.

But at any rate, you're not the only college student using FPs!

Hello. I'm a sophmore at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo Michigan.

Nice to meet you. It's nice to know I'm not the only university student out there who uses a FP, albeit I'm probably the only one at my university.

I'd rather spend my money on pens instead of shoes and handbags.

>>> My Blog <<<

I'm 31 and am back in college these days. (I'm an undergrad.) I'm one of three women in my entire degree program -- I'm a computer networking major -- and so I'm already thought of as strange and alien by my fellow students. I could take notes in crayon and nobody would notice... :)

Some of us are perpetual students and never quite stop sneaking in for classes no matter how many degrees we have. :embarrassed_smile:

Some of us are perpetual students and never quite stop sneaking in for classes no matter how many degrees we have. :embarrassed_smile:

I suspect I'll be in school in one way or another until I'm around seventy for the same reason. Although right now I just really want my degree.

Technically I am a college student still but hopefully not for very long. I am in my late 20's getting my doctorate degree. Just started using fountain pens again. I have a Pelikan M200 and another Pelikan is on its way to me :roflmho:

Jen

Make peace with God and make peace with yourself

'cause in the end there's nobody else

---Point of Grace

I am a senior at Mississippi State University. My only pen right now is a Lamy Safari, but I ordered two Hero 237-1 Accountants. If I don't like them, I'm only out $20, and they can become testers for ink.

I have not seen anyone else here using fountain pens, but with 16,000 people, surely there is at least one more who does!

Tracy

Carenes with cartridges hold me for classes. The really fancy pens stay at home. Tonight I was using a Xezo Maestro [mother of pearl] filled with PR Black Cherry to line edit a friend's manuscript. One of the few M nib pens I've kept, just because it's so darn gorgeous. Normally I fling ink with B nibs so I can write fast enough to take extensive notes.

Partway through my 14th year of university training, after completing 4 degrees now. Supposed end-date in 1.5 years, but I think I'm going to get another degree just for kicks (instead of working). Wife is working on her third degree and 9th year of training. I just have to get her to start using fountain pens.

freshman at hillsdale college, in very southern michigan. i've seen one other fp user, and i might have just converted another one. the news is spreading...

End of line.

I've spent a few years at Florida State University, and am soon to transfer to University of South Florida. I never see anyone use a FP, or anything nicer than a G2 to tell you the truth.

Custom 823, VPs, Lamy 2000, TWSBI VAC700, Kaweco Liliput (bronze), Retro 51s

Iroshizuku

Blackwing Pearl, Kuru-Toga

Midori, Seven Seas, anything Tomoe River

Oh by the way I am going to take a handwriting improvement course. Anyone else experience with these courses? How much did it improve your writing

Don't know if this counts, but I've been taking classes at the local community college, aiming to get another degree - This time in photography. I take one class a semester (or, more accurately, did - it's been about a year and a half since I took a class), so at this rate, I'll probably graduate along with my 3-year old son.

I've also taught a few college classes on Copyright Law for the Visual Artist. Boy, are you students a P.I.T.A.! :roflmho:

James

Edited by James P

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

Unfortunately (for you), I'm neither a girl, nor do I have really cute handwriting (although I have tried my paw at calligraphy, and sometimes use monograms to accent paragraphs).

However, I am a college student - if you don't consider a 2-year college to be beneath you. :roflmho: :bunny01: