What's next for you?

Thesaurus Rex

What are you going to buy next?

One thing I do not have is a Pelikan. I want to try one. I think I am going to get one of those green demo M200's with a medium nib. Maybe I'll get it at the Atlanta show.

The next deeeee-*LUXE* pen I want is a Sailor Naginata.

How about you?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• wimg

• Elaine

• Thesaurus Rex

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi T.,

The pen I want next, is a Stipula Etruria (blue piston filler). And the one after that is another Stipula Etruria (black piston filer). And then there is the cracked ice gold trim piston filling Stipula Etruria :lol: .

Oh, and after that a Dani-Trio, and maybe a Nakaya. But now we're getting into maybes, so I should stop. :lol:

Pretty well planned out :D , except for the time scale :lol: .

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I dunno. The new Stipula Alinari is very appealing. But Kevin's Dani Trios are awfully enticing too. I have no real plans, just appreciating certain pens right now.

Never lie to your dog.

Wim-

"The pen I want next, is a Stipula Etruria (blue piston filler). And the one after that is another Stipula Etruria (black piston filer)."

Those are yummy pens, Wim. Wish I could afford one. I need to get a new source of income.

Yours,

Rex

Guest Denis Richard
The new Stipula Alinari is very appealing.

I agree Leslie. I saw it on Stylus, and it looks like a gorgeous pen.

Next for me will be a Pelikan White Tortoise, probably with a fine nib. I might get a customized italic nib from Richard at a later time.

George

Pelikan Convert and User

I'd like to get the Pelikan 300 orange or whatever color they call it. I don't know if it will happen though.

Elaine

What are you going to buy next?

One thing I do not have is a Pelikan. I want to try one. I think I am going to get one of those green demo M200's with a medium nib. Maybe I'll get it at the Atlanta show.

The next deeeee-*LUXE* pen I want is a Sailor Naginata.

How about you?

I'm in process for a blue Parker Vac.

After that it's a Lamy 2000

Then maybe another of Kevin's bulbous pens, in purple or green

Kurt H

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous!

I'd like to get the Pelikan 300 orange or whatever color they call it. I don't know if it will happen though.

Elaine

I've got a friend who got one of these (sometimes contributor to the forums). It's a cute pen - and we've been discussing what color ink should go into it. I had thought Cayenne but I hear it's more yellow-orange than red-orange.

i have no pen plans as right now we're focused on house plans.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Can't buy anything until I find a job ( :o )---hubby and I decided on this together--but the Retro 51 "Double Eight" fountain pen that Elizabeth reviewed here on FPN is probably at the top of my list of modern pens to buy. As for vintage, I have been trying to get my hands on a red-striped Sheaffer Craftsman pen for a while. It's not a particularly difficult vintage pen to find, but I haven't seen one on Ebay for a while (mind you, I haven't checked 'the Bay for a while now.....It's much too tempting :blush: )

I've got a friend who got one of these (sometimes contributor to the forums). It's a cute pen - and we've been discussing what color ink should go into it. I had thought Cayenne but I hear it's more yellow-orange than red-orange.

I haven't seen the pen in person, but I think Cayenne would be perfect. Is the pen translucent? It looks like it in pictures. Ok, dreaming big time now....

Elain

Since I'm more the vintage type...

Having concentrated on Pelikans, I've not really paid a lot of attention to Sheaffer pens, so I'm thinking the Snorkel really appeals to the psuedo-engineer in me.

Anyone have more than they need?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -Groucho Marx

Can't buy anything until I find a job ( :o )---hubby and I decided on this together--but the Retro 51 "Double Eight" fountain pen that Elizabeth reviewed here on FPN is probably at the top of my list of modern pens to buy. As for vintage, I have been trying to get my hands on a red-striped Sheaffer Craftsman pen for a while. It's not a particularly difficult vintage pen to find, but I haven't seen one on Ebay for a while (mind you, I haven't checked 'the Bay for a while now.....It's much too tempting :blush: )

I got a Retro 1951 Double 88 in the green (limited edition 0245/1951 if that matters) from the Ink Spot (who were just awesome, by the way!) and it is one of the most attractive pens I have ever seen. The resin is far more 3 dimensional then in pictures I have seen with swirling layers of translucent and opaque greens that I could look at for hours. The funnything is I got it at the same time as the ginger scriptmaster (also retro 1951) which I had been looking for for a couple of months (discontinued color) and I all but forgot to open the Scriptmaster box upon seeing the Double 88. I think you will be satisfied with the Double 88. It's a nice pen!!

As to my next target: I usually divide my lists in less expensive (Less then $100) and more expensive ($100 or more) because I really only buy a couple of the latter each year, but the former get bought whenever the budget allows.

My less expensive pen is a Rewtro 1951 Tornado Fountain pen (also called Resonator series sometimes) in Curacao ($25 - $30 depending on where you get it from) and possibly another one in Cognac (as the one I have has a lot of black and not so much brown and cream - the danger with swirled finishes) if I can find one with a more pleasing pattern.

My more expensive pen is the Yelloe Roiro-migaki Urushi Fountain Pen form WineDoc's site Internet Pens , but I may have to wait until about mid April to decide if I can do it or not becuase of potential changes at work. I have to be a lot more careful about what I buy until I know if my company will be sold or not. Since it is a special order item, I would have to wait anyway. Still, everytime I go to his site, I :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: over the pen, so it is probaly top of my list once things settle down a bit (plus I like yellow pens). What I like about it is not only the shape, but also the simplicity of design, as if additional ornamentation in unneccessary. <sigh!> Oh the wonder...........

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Kj

Aunty Entity: Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome, and death is listening, and will take the first man that screams.

Alan,

I will have a selection of Snorks as soon as I get my order of parts in from Martin Ferguson. I have the following:

Admiral - Black

Sentinel - Black

Statesman - Black

Valiant - Grey

Let me know if you are interested.

John

Ther are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't

I'm not sure what my next pen will be. There isn't much I'm really craving right now. I guess top of the list if I luck into one would be a large carmine striated vac filler with a two tone open nib (plus a matching pencil). If I ran into an interesting Snork I'd be tempted to keep it too. I could be tempted by an out of the ordinary Parker 51 too but it would have to be special.

Ther are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't

Hi Rex,

Those are yummy pens, Wim. Wish I could afford one. I need to get a new source of income.
Or save a bit longer :D . I tend to buy slightly more expensive pens, but don´t buy anything else most of the time, except for the ones to be used in missionary work :D .

Of course, nowadays I only buy at the right price. I´ve become a little more patient, so I´ll wait till the slightly used one for the right price comes along. I don´t have to buy a pen yesterday anymore :D . The added advantage is that it provides you with enough time to save up...

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I haven't seen the pen in person, but I think Cayenne would be perfect. Is the pen translucent? It looks like it in pictures. Ok, dreaming big time now....

Elain

yes - I think it's very similar in style to the Athens and Shanghai series in terms of the material used. But all over one color. It's a small pen - but someday I would like a lightweight purse pen like that. I have a purse pens that is very good (Filcao Mercury) but is heavy. I'd like one that actually would go into an organizer or wallet. But the 320 isn't cheap, so I probably would be nervous carrying it around.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I got a Retro 1951 Double 88 in the green (limited edition 0245/1951 if that matters) from the Ink Spot (who were just awesome, by the way!) and it is one of the most attractive pens I have ever seen. The resin is far more 3 dimensional then in pictures I have seen with swirling layers of translucent and opaque greens that I could look at for hours. The funnything is I got it at the same time as the ginger scriptmaster (also retro 1951) which I had been looking for for a couple of months (discontinued color) and I all but forgot to open the Scriptmaster box upon seeing the Double 88. I think you will be satisfied with the Double 88. It's a nice pen!!

<snip>

Kj

Thanks, Kevin, for whetting my appetite with your mini-review of the Doube Eight....and for reminding me :doh: that the Retro 51 Scriptmaster is near the top of the "To Buy" list too!

I have been thinking about getting one since they came out...but which colour? They are all so nice---the Tortoise, the Jade (which seems more bluish-green to me), the Maryann (White colour) and yours, the Ginger (orange)....Hmmm.....

I posted this on PT but no one else commented: Did anyone else catch the "Gilligan's Island" reference in the Scriptmaster colours? (Ginger, Maryann...) :lol:

Hmmm... One the definitely expensive side:

- Aurora Optima Auroloid, fits perfectly in my hand, looks great

- Conway Stewart 100, too many amazing colors to chose from

- Bexley Americana

On the more down to earth side:

- Taccia Imperial Portuguese

- Retro 51 88

- Conklin Glider

- Conklin Nozac

Well if I'm going to buy some of those more expensive pens, it's gotta be now!!! I retire in July and my pen spending habits will change drastically, I fear.

I did some fishing on the 'Bay today and came up with a Pelikan 140 with an Oblique Fine nib. I am not particularly fond of Fine nibs but the earlier Pels are supposed to be more flexy than their modern counterparts.

I still have a love a love affair going with the Pels. A vintage 200 with a Broad nib, that I got from Corien has replaced my venerable, smooth as glass "51" as my daily goto pen. Now that took some doing! The more I use 'em the more I admire them and the quality that goes into them. I hope this 140 is at least usable. The description said it was "Mint". We all know that means one step above junker status....right. :bonk:

"Take all the advice you receive, mine included, weigh it with a grain of salt (10 lbs.) and some common sense and you'll do fine" .....Mike O'Bryan