The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Wtb Thin Wrench For Pelikan M800 Piston Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 InkyWink

InkyWink

Molon Labe!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:26

Traded a Green M800 M for a solid Blue M805 B. Happy with the trade, as I have another Green M800 and like the solid Blue M805 but the piston is rather stiff. I have 6 other M800/805's so I am pretty sure I know what the "normal" piston pressure is. My plan is to disassemble the piston and put some lube on the space between the two wipe surfaces on the piston itself, essentially creating a mobile lube device that makes each stroke smooth and then wipes itself away. But to do that I'd need that special tool to take apart the piston.

I've seen them discussed and understand that one can be made by taking a normal wrench of the right size and grinding it down but that seems rather time consuming.

Where can get one of these? I have several of these pens so this might come in handy.

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:47

in the other post, gyasko said lube on the inside of the barrel, where the ink goes... but i found this...

http://www.amazon.co...issiintermar-20

and

http://buildmyclassi...hinwren821.html

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#3 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:19

Where can get one of these? I have several of these pens so this might come in handy.

You can make it yourself, I used a defunct credit card to make it. Alternately Fountainbel here will make a professional grade wrench for you with the other end used for extracting the MB filler unit.

Best,
Hari
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#4 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:40

that's a great idea!

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#5 InkyWink

InkyWink

Molon Labe!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2010 - 14:16

Very interesting. I am going to check on Fountainbel's prices but a full set from Amazon (and I get free shipping) for $22 is hard to beat...plus I have all the other wrenches to use on other projects.

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

#6 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2010 - 14:32

Very interesting. I am going to check on Fountainbel's prices but a full set from Amazon (and I get free shipping) for $22 is hard to beat...plus I have all the other wrenches to use on other projects.

I looked at the Amazon set, just make sure the set contains a 7mm spanner, the set seems to start at 8mm, also it is not clear how thin the wrenches are. An old thread:

http://www.fountainp...ost__p__1064414

best,
Hari
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

|