Can I crash here tonight?

Thesaurus Rex

I have been meaning to come by here and get involved. Now I see that a bunch of people I already know and like or here, so I've picked out an avatar and I'm thrilled to be here.

Hi, everybody!

Thanks for inviting me over, Denis!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thesaurus Rex

• winedoc

• wimg

• Bryan

Well I love the name anyway! Welcome.

Ther are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't

Hi T.,

Did notice your presence here already :D . Welcome!

BTW, the keys are no longer under the door mat, I put them under de turned upside down flower pot behind the waterbarrel next to the shed door at the back of the garden, next to the gnome. :D

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Roy,

Nope, I put it under the upturned flower pot I said, behind he water barrel, next to the gnome. And why do you think I put the gnome there? :lol:

Kind regards,

the mad gnome (there is a whole story behind this, some other time :lol: )

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Welcome Welcome,

So glad that you're here. It was nice to chat last night.

Regards,

Karin :bunny1:

Fountain Pen Abundance

Guest Denis Richard

So, I got to ask, who is that cutie in your avatar ?

I think we have a pet thread somewhere in the Chatter, if you want to share more pics.

That handsome devil is Juan Carlos, or actually, King Juan Carlos the First. (We call him Juan, or Juanito) He is my youngest, six years old, although this picture was taken when he was only a year. My little boy is getting all grown up!

We have one other kitty, another Siamese who is 14 or 15 who I adopted from a neglectful owner (okay, abducted, not adopted) when he was three or four. His name is Gus and he is our Elder Statesman.

What does that t-shirt say? The more I get to know people, the more I love my cats? Yeah. I'm all over that sentiment.

Greetings, T. Rex,

I just sent you a letter yesterday. I admit it was insipid and inane, but I decided it was better to send an inanity than nothing at all. Or is that bad thinking? Is it better to get a moronic letter than none at all?

I see that you are Byronic!

Your cat is beautiful indeed! I have always admired the Siamese for pure intelligence, sleekness, and discernment. Much as I love my cats, they do have all of the intellectual ability of the proverbial meatloaf. Beauty gets them far, however.

Cheers,

Natalie

"Tea cleared my head and left me with no misapprehensions".

The Duke of Wellington

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Hellooooo, Natalie!

I can't WAIT to get your letter. Nobody EVER writes me letters.

"I just sent you a letter yesterday. I admit it was insipid and inane, but I decided it was better to send an inanity than nothing at all. Or is that bad thinking? Is it better to get a moronic letter than none at all?"

Well, something I have come up hard against in Pen Space is just how hard it is to write a decent letter to someone you hardly know at all. So, good on ya for taking the first step! And really, seriously, I have not gotten an honest to goodness letter from someone in I don't know HOW long. It's just good to get a letter, period.

"Much as I love my cats, they do have all of the intellectual ability of the proverbial meatloaf. Beauty gets them far, however."

Living with intelligent cats has its down sides. We've had to put childproof locks on the cabinets with food or cleaning solutions. They also have an uncanny knack for grand statements. When I was gone a lot a few weeks ago, training for my new duties after getting a promotion at work, Juan C decided he'd had enough, so he pulled my favorite (how does he know that?!) sweater out of the clean laundry and slept on it for a whole day, covering it in fine, beige hairs so that it had to be sent back to the dry-cleaners without even getting worn. I think he might have left a tiny hole in it, too, to remind me who's in charge here.

More soon!

Rex

ACK!!!

:doh: I SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! :doh:

If any of you nice folks are out there listening to the webcast of my show tonight, I swear, I'm usually better than this. Really.

I guess it really is Monday. For at least another half hour in Eastern Standard.

Tune in tomorrow night and I promise, promise, promise I won't make this many mistakes.

:blush:

I went to your website, however, I'm not able to get a stream going. I even downloaded the recommended player. I've never listened to a radio station online, maybe my computer can't handle it. Odd, I just bought this about 2 years ago.

Bryan

Edited by Bryan
http://static.flickr.com/21/28891892_80d902777e_t.jpg

Well, I tried to listen, but couldn't get connected to the streaming broadcast. Don't know why. iTunes would start connecting but wouldn't. I'll try some other night, hopefully it'll be going better for you. Bad days at work happen to all of us....

Guest Denis Richard

I have the same problem than Bryan. I listen to several radios online, but I can't seem to connect to WUGA stream. I even downloaded two more recommended players....

I just tried listening to some other radio station and they worked fine. Something must have happend to your stream tonight. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to tune in.

Bryan

http://static.flickr.com/21/28891892_80d902777e_t.jpg

I just tried to hook up to it via my computer and the program stream does seem to be down. I am emailing my boss first thing in the morning to find out what's going on.

Maybe the Internet Gods saw me teetering precipitously toward the Bad Radio Abyss and pulled the digital plug on me. An act of mercy.

The music was good tonight, just...I wasn't.

Honorable winedoc-san, the link is http://www.wuga.org. (*bowing deeply*)