The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Plumix

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 oya

oya

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 13:29

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2010 - 13:34

Nice handwriting.

I've gotta get my wife one of these one day. I think she'd really like it.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#3 Aunt Jill

Aunt Jill

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 14:43

+1

I love my Plumix. I put PR Blue Suede in it and it makes me happy.
Let there be light. Then let there be a cat, a cocktail, and a good book.

#4 carroll

carroll

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2010 - 14:45

I just bought another one of these at the local Target store for about $6.50. Too bad the barrel has a hole in it, or this pen would make a great eye-dropper. Also the nib is interchangeable with the nibs on Pilot 78G, if you would like an italic nib on a fancier body.

#5 irbyls

irbyls

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 16:03

I just bought another one of these at the local Target store for about $6.50. Too bad the barrel has a hole in it, or this pen would make a great eye-dropper. Also the nib is interchangeable with the nibs on Pilot 78G, if you would like an italic nib on a fancier body.

That's why I'm buying that 78G! The Pilot Plumix nibs are so awesome, but the squid body makes me--erm--reluctant to take it out in public. I'm going to give my friend Zac the squid body with a fine nib.

Oya: Nice review, by the way!
-irbyls

#6 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 16:10

Yes, my Dr said, "if only it had a clip"..
In everyday use, my 3 Plumix's just won't die, nor do they ever disappoint..
Single, minor issue is the small cartridge size.. but considering I've refilled the same/original carts, for a solid year, with nary a failure, can't complain too loudly.

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#7 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2010 - 16:36

i'd get some 5 minute epoxy and plug the hole in the end of the barrel, and just go to town. or put the nib in a 78g body and use some grease on the threads. those would make fantastic eyedroppers.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#8 TWRDO

TWRDO

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2010 - 16:47

i'd get some 5 minute epoxy and plug the hole in the end of the barrel, and just go to town. or put the nib in a 78g body and use some grease on the threads. those would make fantastic eyedroppers.

Yep. The Plumix is easily converted to an eyedropper with a little 5-minute epoxy and some silicone grease. The nibs can be swapped with the Prera and Knight as well.
Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

#9 sotto2

sotto2

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,013 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 23:22

Too bad the barrel isn't completely clear.

ekfh5f.jpg

#10 akonpittbull

akonpittbull

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:50

Great hand writing pal, I love it. Actually it is because of the pen , I think. It is true that the pen or the pencil also effects on your hand writing so if you will use this pen, I am sure about your great hand writing.

#11 Apotheosis

Apotheosis

A Gathering Of All

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:48

Hello oya,
I like your handwriting lots !!
regards
Leo
Posted Image
"Oey !! Gimme back my pen !"

#12 tawanda

tawanda

Over the hill but refusing to wear roller skates

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 15:32

I've bought two of these, just to rob the nibs for my Pilot Prera (and subsequently, my husband's Pilot Prera! He always wants what I have :-) )

They make great, inexpensive italics, for those who are not sure whether italic is the way to go.
For Sale:
Penman Ink http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/11952-penman-mocha-ink/
Pilot Elite (Short-Long)http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/11951-pilot-elite-short-long/

#13 oya

oya

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 20:08

Thnx all for your comments.

Woa, I did'nt know that.
But then, for the fancier body... I have fancier FPs ;)

That's why I'm buying that 78G! The Pilot Plumix nibs are so awesome, but the squid body makes me--erm--reluctant to take it out in public. I'm going to give my friend Zac the squid body with a fine nib.

Oya: Nice review, by the way!

Irbyls, why reluctant? Own your inner weirdness ;) at least I do :) but then, I am the weird one even without FPs. :happyberet:

Yes, my Dr said, "if only it had a clip"..
In everyday use, my 3 Plumix's just won't die, nor do they ever disappoint..
Single, minor issue is the small cartridge size.. but considering I've refilled the same/original carts, for a solid year, with nary a failure, can't complain too loudly.

About clip thing .... this is one reason more girls have bags. And it is also very fashionable (and practical) for guys to have them too.
Regarding cartridges... in the FP's "ass" can be easily put an extra cartridge. Just try it ;)

Too bad the barrel isn't completely clear.

Then you can call it semi-demonstrator or a demonstrator with a twist.

Great hand writing pal, I love it. Actually it is because of the pen , I think. It is true that the pen or the pencil also effects on your hand writing so if you will use this pen, I am sure about your great hand writing.

Thnx, but just for info, I am a girl ;):vbg: . No offence taken, btw.
Yes, it is true (at least for me) ... italic nib - one way, pencil/pen- another, regular FP third or fourth (depends on my mood)...

I've bought two of these, just to rob the nibs for my Pilot Prera (and subsequently, my husband's Pilot Prera! He always wants what I have :-) )

They make great, inexpensive italics, for those who are not sure whether italic is the way to go.

:happyberet:
True. But I have been addicted with italics since purchasing Manuscript Calligraphic set.

#14 rx170

rx170

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:57

Finally, she has overcome her tiredness and managed to write a review. Posted Image

#15 oya

oya

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:04

Finally, she has overcome her tiredness and managed to write a review. Posted Image

You didn't give me a deadline ... therefore ... ....:bunny01: you can kiss my lovely behind :P

#16 joe demb

joe demb

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 20:25

Here is how to add a clip to a Plumix. Take the cap off a Liquid Paper Mini Correction Pen. Grind the top off at an angle, so the clip stays attached, but there is a nice sized hole. Slit the cap opposite the clip & push it on the Plumix far enough so that you can post the cap.

Attached Images

• plumix-clip.jpg

#17 EMM

EMM

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 16:00

Cool looking pen.
New Mexico Pen Collector's Club / InkDrop Member since 8/23/2010

#18 yoplaboum

yoplaboum

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2010 - 22:38

I think, too, that a 78G with converter, with a Plumix M nib on it, makes a very cool pen with a M cursive italic !!! :thumbup: And the M nib of the Plumix is REALLY a funny nib !!!
Waterman Man 100, Pelikan M605, Montblanc 149, 1990 Parker Duofolds and 51s, Sheaffer Triumph and Intrigue, Lamy Safari italic, a lot of Pilot 78G and Pluminix...
Dip pens with Waterman Havana and Herbin inks
PR Purple Mojo and DC Electric Blue, Waterman Havana, Noodler's Apache Sunset, and Herbin inks...

#19 majorworks

majorworks

Paperback Writer

• Member - Gold

• 866 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2010 - 20:08

First thing I did when I got my Plumix home was to superglue that hole shut. I have yet to fill it as an ED but I will as soon as I get through the cart.

Edited to add: I'm surprised no one is complaining about the section on the Plumix. It's very Safari-like.

Edited by majorworks, 25 August 2010 - 20:14.

Happiness is an Indian ED!

#20 farseer911

farseer911

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2010 - 20:32

One of my favorite nibs, I traded them out on my Prera's! They are now $4.50 at Target!!!

***Corrected because I can not spell!***

Edited by farseer911, 25 August 2010 - 23:25.

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sponsored Content

|