Montblanc Starwalker Converter

ImolaS3

Hi

A while back I posted looking for a converter for the MB starwalker I love and adore but was unsuccessful.

One member offered a Montblanc converter on the forum but subsequently did not anwser my pms or requests to buy it :(

I have continued with the search and finally have one that fits and stays in place!!!

Either the Graf Von Faber Castell Guilloche converter or the GVFC Porsche Design TecFlex P'3110 converter fit it fine. I found the Porche converter fitted slightly better and that is the one I am using (£3.85)

happy bunny at last :)

Please visit my new pen and ink/pen box site at www.boxesandpens.co.uk

Hand made boxes to store and display your favourite pens.

10% discount for FPN members

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImolaS3

• voop

• Silverwings

• Diego

Either the Graf Von Faber Castell Guilloche converter or the GVFC Porsche Design TecFlex P'3110 converter fit it fine. I found the Porche converter fitted slightly better and that is the one I am using (£3.85)

Where did you find these convertors? I can't find either online.

I wasn't aware that there was a GVFC-specific converter. How are they different from this:

http://www.skripta-paris.com/fr/art_convertisseur-encre-universel-faber-castell_2393.html?

Cult pens in the uk - the converter is specific to faber castell - i found some other faber converters that were all plastic and don't fit

The one that fits is This one

• 2 weeks later...

Does the Montblanc converter fit the Starwalker, like the on on Swisher?

Swisher

No MB converters does not fit the Starwalker.

Monteverde SHORT international convertor also fits the Starwalker really nice.

Remember it is SHORT one, Monteverde also made a long version of this and the connecting section just done fit.

About a year ago I took my Starwalker to Art Brown in NYC and tried many different convertor the short version is the only one that fits.

Andy

I bought the ones off Cultpen as Imola3 as recommended.. it didn't fit. His MB is a rubber/metal and mine is a Midnight black resin, not sure if they are differently built.

Other than converter-matters, what's the verdict on this pen? I am quite attracted by the "Black Mystery" FP, from its looks, but am hesitant as to an acquisition as I am not sure how the nib feels and writes. Anyone who's been using it for a while [i assume that anyone who's gone through the troubles of finding a converter for one would qualify?] and who can share their experiences with the pen as a writing tool?

TIA.

I cannot fault my rubber/black one - now that it has a converter anyway

It was purchased new and has worked perfectly and very smoothly from the first day. It is on of the three pens that have always had ink in and never get swapped when I rotate my pens (the other two are MB 149, Duofold Amber checquered)

A note on Silverwing's experience with the converter. I showed him a photo of my converter and the one he received is not exactly the same (I think he received the standard Fabber converter which is different to the one for the Porsche pen that I use.

The Porsche converter has worked flawlessly since I first posted in this thread and is in use today

+1 to what ImolaS3.. mine do indeed look a little different from his converter. I ordered the page where he showed the link but it is still not the same.

A note on my pen, I do have a little skipping problem with the Starwalker Black Resin M nib. I have flushed it a couple of times, but it still skip with the downward stroke and sometimes it doesn't start writing immediately. I have to push a little harder for the ink to come through - the nib is capped not exposed. I am using MB violet at the moment. Not sure if I should send it in to be looked at because I feel it is not performing as I like or think it would be. My MB Noblesse Oblige F nib writes better.

SW

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a Starwalker for my 40th birthday, black rubber and metal lines. It writes quite smoothly so far. I am excited about finding a converter for it maybe.

Where would I find a Monteverde short international converter?

the pen is the window into the writer's soul

www.spinningtrees.webuda.com

I love my starwalker and the Graf Von Faber converter is still working perfectly and without any issue

Other than converter-matters, what's the verdict on this pen? I am quite attracted by the "Black Mystery" FP, from its looks, but am hesitant as to an acquisition as I am not sure how the nib feels and writes. Anyone who's been using it for a while [i assume that anyone who's gone through the troubles of finding a converter for one would qualify?] and who can share their experiences with the pen as a writing tool?

TIA.

Hi. I have the Black Mystery FP and I can recommend it without any doubt. The nib I have is F. It's stiff but quite smooth. As you know it has screwed back but I use it unposted as with the cap is quite heavy.

TIA.

Hi. I have the Black Mystery FP and I can recommend it without any doubt. The nib I have is F. It's stiff but quite smooth. As you know it has screwed back but I use it unposted as with the cap is quite heavy.

Meanwhile, I have acquired the Starwalker Black Mystery with an M nib. Smooth writer and yes, stiff nib, but seems nice. The jury is still out on if it will become one of my workhorses or not (i.e., having had it for only 3 days is too short to tell) but for the price (free.....) it was not a hard choice to try it out.

I think I would have liked it more if it came with a converter or, at least, a cartridge (fortunately I had a handful of MB cart's laying around).

• 1 month later...

Got a Starwalker Black Mystery with Fine Nib for my birthday last month and am satisfied with it. I do agree that it's quite stiff but writes smoothly and is a hardworking pen, no skipping or blotting so far. My officemates find the floating star cool that's why when I write with it, the cap is almost always posted and it never fails to catch their attention.

It's a cool great pen!

• 9 years later...

I just bought a FINE WRITING INTERNATIONAL BRONZE AGE pen that happens to be quite fantastic - much to my surprise!

In any case, it came with a converter and can be used as an eyedropper. I chose eyedropper.

So, this converter is sitting on my desk and I pull out my STARWALKER... I wanted to flush it with distilled water in order to ink it for the week. It turns out, that this converter fits it perfectly! no leaks... it closes well.

I have not test driven it for a long writing session, but, it appears to work well so far.

Double win for me.... I don't see a place to buy the converter separately. I have 2 other Starwalkers that I'd like to keep stored with a converter.

Pen Nutzee

I have the Kaweco plunger converter on all my Starwalkers and M fountain pens. They aren't the screw in type of the MontBlanc converters but they are tight and fit well. Because they are plunger mechanisms, they make cleaning a breeze.