How many Watermans do you own?

inkdesigner

841 members have voted

1. 1. How many Watermans do you own?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 11+

Only two for me so far, a blue Edson, and an unidentified BHR sweet-writing lever filler.

EDIT - One Abyss blue Carene on its way :)

Edited by amin

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• Left FPN

• RMN

• satrap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Uh ohhhh, do I really have to tell? :unsure:

Well.....

:D

LeMan 100s:

Classic Black

Opera

Sterling (black end caps)

Red Patrician

Green Patrician

Teal Fontainebleu

/:)

LeMan 200:

Classic Black

Rhapsody Blue

Rhapsody Red

Rhapsody Green

Caviar Black/White

B)

Blue Gentleman

:blush:

Laureat:

Green

Red

:P

Executive:

Black

:)9

Exclusive

GP

:drool:

Expert:

Yellow

Green

:blink:

Blue Liaison

:)

L'Etalon:

Burgundy

Green

GP

:o

Carene:

Amber

(and one Blue Lagoon on hold at Pam's -- see ya a week, Pam!)

:P

Orange Anastasia

And maybe just a few more. I have given away about 10 (NOT mentioned in this list).

:bunny1:

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

Darn. I forgot to add the green Maestro.

:blush:

And the blue Kultur. :blush:

:roflmho:

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Five currently, all modern.

Two Phileas fountain pens, a fine and a medium nib

Two Phileas roller balls, a blue and a green

One Carene roller ball, amber shimmer

I used to own a 16, a 52, a Taperite, a Liaison, and maybe some others I have forgotten, certainly several other Phileas fps that have gone on to others for their writing pleasure, oh and a Laureat that only stayed a day or so.

I really do want to get a nice red ripple one of these days.

I have a blue Gentleman (NOS) on the way.. my first Waterman..

I'm basically a relative newbie, but I think the bug has now taken hold.. Based on my experience with other interests that drew me in completely, I'm afraid this may be serious! I've been spending so much time soaking-up all of the FP-related info I can access and have taken to drooling over cool FP's, both Vintage and new!

I've had some cheapie Parkers and Schaeffers in my youth, also an Esterbrook lever model that vanished in the past. I did enjoy using them all, and the fascination really never left me. I currently have a MB 144 (had it since the mid-80's) but for some reason I never used it all that much. <_<

After reading the comments of praise for the Gentleman on the forum, I'm -really- excited with anticipation of it's arrival! Got to order some inks so I'll be ready! :drool:

Let's see, I've got a sterling LeMan 100 (old style), "gold" LeMan 100 demonstrator; blue Patrician (not vintage), sapphire Edson, sterling Gentleman, sterling L'Etalon, Opera, Expert and 3 Phileas--red, blue and green. I love thtem all!java script:emoticon(':D')

smilie

• 2 weeks later...

I own ten, of which four are LeMan100 (in one version or another) which I believe are among the best pens ever made. I wanted to echo what another gentleman said about waterman in a previous post...."they are the most consistent writers out of the box". I've never had a waterman that did not perform the way it was expected it to perform. -- a little dry maybe, but that IS my expectation for waterman. Very consistent quality control, and very well made pen

Lessee-- 4.

1. Waterman Phileas, Marbled Blue, M nib

2. Waterman Harmonie, Black/gold trim, M nib

3. Waterman Hemisphere, Metallic Blue, F nib

4. Waterman ?? (pics in the ID thread), Marbled Blue, F nib

Plus the matching BP for the #4 FP.

The Harmonie actually arrived with a "baby-bottom" nib, and is back at Sanford getting adjusted.

Edited by Srehman

"The person who takes the banal and ordinary and illuminates it in a new way can terrify. We do not want our ideas changed. We feel threatened by such demands. 'I already know the important things!' we say. Then Changer comes and throws our old ideas away."

--Frank Herbert; Chapterhouse: Dune

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Wow, the Hemisphere arrived a few days ago and the color is just amazing. I got numerous comments at work the last few days about the beautiful metallic blue of the pen-- more often the FPs just go unnoticed.

"The person who takes the banal and ordinary and illuminates it in a new way can terrify. We do not want our ideas changed. We feel threatened by such demands. 'I already know the important things!' we say. Then Changer comes and throws our old ideas away."

--Frank Herbert; Chapterhouse: Dune

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I may as well join the fray and make my first posting. I have all sorts of Waterman's, some that actually write. Modern and vintage combined number close to two dozen. Family and friends have also recieved many.

To name a few:

A Blue Phileas (F)

3 100 year pens

A BHR 54

A Red Ripple 52 1/2

A Mint Taperite from 1951

5 or 6 other Taperites

3 CF's

A Commando

A Thorobred

An English W-2

A Marble Desk Pen

Nice to know ther are others out ther that suffer from the same affliction. Thanks for all the terrific information you provide. Now, if I could just find a way to repair all those crystalized ends.....

Edited by postman

I have 3 Waterman pens: a Kultur in demonstrator blue, a Phileas in dark marbled blue, and a nice Hemisphere in all stainless.

Allen

• 1 month later...

I've got 5 total.

3 Phileas Solid Black Fine Point Fountain Pens

1 Phileas Solid Black Medium Point Fountain Pen

1 Phileas Red Marble Medium Point Fountain Pen

• 3 weeks later...

Okay -

1 - Liason

2 - Laureat (spelling)

4 experts

3 Carene's