inkdesigner

841 members have voted

1. 1. How many Watermans do you own?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 11+

Is Waterman's nib counts? ;)

I have english vintage pen no-name, probably from the 50s, with wonderful semi flex Waterman's nib :)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• Left FPN

• RMN

• satrap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None :D Flirted with the idea, nearly had a whole one too! Wrong marque for me. Too expensive.

I disagree with the too expensive part.

Is Waterman's nib counts? ;)

I have english vintage pen no-name, probably from the 50s, with wonderful semi flex Waterman's nib :)

I believe it should be complete Waterman pens.

I disagree with the too expensive part.

Sorry, my bad, I'll rephrase: Too expensive for the likes of me. How's that? :)

I believe it should be complete Waterman pens.

Does a Waterman count if it lacks a clip?

<rant> Bought a Waterman pen from The Wild knowing that the pen has problems (lever doesn't work, sac is probably toast, clip is missing, and due to missing clip the cap is leaking). Contemplated on sending the pen to someone in UK to be repaired / restored. For multiple reasons: No, cannot do. Sending that pen to UK is forbidden. If I wouldn't know, that after restoration that pen isn't one of the cheapest Watermans, I would just toss it. Thanks Finnish Postal office for reminding me why I have never sent a single thing to anywhere. </rant>

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Does a Waterman count if it lacks a clip?

<rant> Bought a Waterman pen from The Wild knowing that the pen has problems (lever doesn't work, sac is probably toast, clip is missing, and due to missing clip the cap is leaking). Contemplated on sending the pen to someone in UK to be repaired / restored. For multiple reasons: No, cannot do. Sending that pen to UK is forbidden. If I wouldn't know, that after restoration that pen isn't one of the cheapest Watermans, I would just toss it. Thanks Finnish Postal office for reminding me why I have never sent a single thing to anywhere. </rant>

Yes, I have one or two like that.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2! One from the mid 70s(?) Made in France only takes cartridges and the other is a Canadian made 52 1/2 V that is out for refurb.

Count started at exactly 1, since upgraded to 4-6 and now 7-10.

Oops, that was weeks ago, about three weeks and a similar number of pens. Marking twelve, with none at all on the way now.

X

Oops, that was weeks ago, about three weeks and a similar number of pens. Marking twelve, with none at all on the way now.

Thats how I have been with pens in general. I went from one to about 8 in about a two week period!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

31 down from 33 recently (2 from the 1930s, the rest are from roughly 1915-1929)

They include a 58 and an 18, but my favorite is a modest nickel trimmed 52 that has an "artist" nib. I love that nib

• 1 month later...

Peaking at 17 I think, being about to offer two for sale and having no others on an interest list. If I could decide on three more to sell then they would fit in their designated 12-pen case :rolleyes:

X

• 1 month later...

I bought another case

and one more pen.

That's good, otherwise we would have the case of the missing pen......

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

:)

Ate once at a very nice restaurant in NZ (Christchurch?) called One Chair Missing, so named because when their new furniture was being delivered....

X

• 1 month later...

Only one so far, and not a working one at that. Came in a joblot, and I kept it in a box for 5 years. Now that the fetish has awoken back again, I decided to put it back together (I had taken the feed for a DIY flex fountain pen), and discovered that the nib is a calligraphy nib (CAL 14ct) and not a medium or a fine writing nib. I want to repair it but might end up swapping it for something I will use daily.

• 1 month later...

• Waterman Ideal Exclusive Black Lacquer 18K nib fountain pen.
  • Waterman Man 200 Rhapsody Fiber Tip Mineral Green rollerball.
  • Set: '72 Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe GT Fountain  Pen + '78 Parker 180 Flighter CT Floating Ball / Fiber Tip. 
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Ring Cap, Sheaffer 2d & 3d Gen Pens.

• 4 weeks later...

well, I persume too many - at least my wife says :D

I have 145 (as of today, that could change tomorrow) fountain pens, rollerballs, Bille and pencils....

Carène 8 CF 6 Charleston 6 Edson 12 Exception 9 Executive 1 Eyedropper 1 Gentleman 12 Lady 3 Laureat 1 L'Etalon 8 Liaison 7 Man 100 41 Man 200 10 Master 1 Philéas 3 Sérénité 3 Watermina 9 unbekannt 4

:yikes: