inkdesigner

841 members have voted

1. 1. How many Watermans do you own?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 11+

I only own two,

A Waterman 52(which is missing a nib :() and a Waterman Exclusive (Medium nib).

I would use the exclusive but I haven't got a converter plus I like fine nibs more.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• Left FPN

• RMN

• satrap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's see:

Two 52s,

Six or seven 52 1/2 v, most of which are almost identical,

Two Lady Patricias, one with a ringtop and one with a clip,

A 515 and a Commando. Two Commandos, since one broke in half.

A small-scale obsession for this crowd.

More pens, thank goodness, than cats.

Hirsch,

Don't disregard those BCHR ringtops: they can have FANTASTIC nibs. I wear them to work and use them to corrupt my friends.

I've picked up a couple of Lady Patricia ink-vue pens. The Mist pen is the first I've restored, and I just got a gorgeous Sunset Deluxe model that will be my project over the next month.

• 1 month later...

Hello to everybody

there we go:

- 9, 5 of them in its original box C/ F FROM 50s 70s. difertent colours different years. The last I got I think It´s very rare cos is made in USA. If I am not wrong CF model came out on 1953 and waterman in 1954 they shout down and then they were made in France.

- 1 Taperite crusader from 50s

- 1 Concorde from 70s

- 1 Torsade from 70s

- 1 Facette from late 70s I got rcently and thanks to Pen lady I fount out which model it was

- 2 Le man 100 one black laque from 80s, and Harlequin one from 90s

- 3 Laureat from 90s one rouge one silvered and one green marble laque.

- 1 Le man 200 I bought it cos I wanted to know what was the difference between this one and the le man 100 apart from price and Size.

- 1 Hemisphere

So that´s it

Hello,

I have 7 watermans.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

• 1 month later...

Just got a red ripple ringtop with a pretty gold band on the cap. Sacless, but it looks like it's been well-treated. Fine nib, in good shape.

My first red ripple...worth the wait.

Also a black ringtop with an extraordinarily long-tined nib - perhaps one of the elusive Artist's nibs. I sent it to Mr. Mottishaw to be sorted out.

• 3 weeks later...

One, purchased earlier today at a nearby antiques shop. There's another one in there I may have a go at, too.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

One Carene Deluxe, ( very smooth stub nib! ), One CF for which a converter is undergoing search, and one damaged Serenite titanium, normally around $1000. obtained for for $200. ( Canadian!!) after determining the bent nib was no problem for my repair guy..both guys were in the same room. The presentation box looks more like a casket than a presentation item!

KenF5

KB

• 4 weeks later...

A fun group of vintage Watermans for me:

1 #0514 PSF BHR with Gold-filled filigree overlay —I think it's the oldest of the bunch (pre-1917 numbering system)

1 #0552½ BHR with Gold-filled filigree overlay —with super flexy nib!

1 #3 in Steel Quartz

1 #3v (Black and Red —does it have a name?)

1 Italian-made #42 Safety with chased gold body and cap —spectacular writer!

3 #52 Red Ripple —all with semi-flex nibs

1 #52 Woodgrain

1 #56 Red Ripple

1 #94 Olive Ripple

1 Ink-Vue Emerald Ray

1 1940s Commando —great writer!

1 1940s Emblem

1 modern "Opera"

A new beauty is on it's way to me next week: a #994 Mahogany. Photos when it arrives!

I think that's it... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

#54, both these last in BHR

#94, in blue ripple

100 Year in Lady size, clear translucent green, ribbed barrel and

100 Year in plain black (late model)

I love them all! (Of <course> they all have flexy nibs!)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my first Waterman's last month, a Stalwart from Canada.

It is gold streaked with brown. It's not a wet noodle but does flex EF-BBB. Love at first sight. It'll be the first thing I grab in a fire.

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr

I have two Watermans ... a Carène Deluxe which I purchased just over a month ago ... it's a reliable and smooth writer.

And a Waterman Reflex which I've owned for about 5 years. It's a pen that I sometimes carry around in my bag or pants when I need to carry something to write with.

• 3 months later...

#54, both these last in BHR

#94, in blue ripple

100 Year in Lady size, clear translucent green, ribbed barrel and

100 Year in plain black (late model)

I love them all! (Of <course> they all have flexy nibs!)

Latest additions:

100 Year in clear, translucent green, ribbed barrel, full-size, to match the Lady one and -- grail pen! --

#58, in BHR, nickel trim and faded to the usual olive colour; but with <perfect>, red imprints!

I am therefore at seven vintage Watermans -- enough, I think? HalloweenHJB will hardly agree!

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

A few too many.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.