Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• Sinistral1

• HalloweenHJB

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I own three Watermans at the moment.

The most recent acquisition is a Lady Patricia from the 1980s with a B nib (so broad I wondered if it might even be a stub but no, it's just very broad) which I got yesterday at a fleamarket. Apart from that I have a Hemisphere with what I think is a Medium nib and also, I have a plastic demonstrator type pen which was being sold for the Rentrée des ecoles here. It cost about 10E. Really nice cheap pen as cheap pens go. I had to stop myself buying a bunch of them.

I don't know a lot about the Lady Patricia although I think this one is a Bordeaux Or. There doesn't seem to be a lot of them around. This takes international cartridges although to be honest, the only one which stays safely in place is a Pelikan 4001. It only barely fits into the barrel as well. I wonder if international cartridges were slightly different 30 years ago.

I own three Watermans at the moment.

The most recent acquisition is a Lady Patricia from the 1980s with a B nib (so broad I wondered if it might even be a stub but no, it's just very broad) which I got yesterday at a fleamarket. Apart from that I have a Hemisphere with what I think is a Medium nib and also, I have a plastic demonstrator type pen which was being sold for the Rentrée des ecoles here. It cost about 10E. Really nice cheap pen as cheap pens go. I had to stop myself buying a bunch of them.

I don't know a lot about the Lady Patricia although I think this one is a Bordeaux Or. There doesn't seem to be a lot of them around. This takes international cartridges although to be honest, the only one which stays safely in place is a Pelikan 4001. It only barely fits into the barrel as well. I wonder if international cartridges were slightly different 30 years ago.

Ref: the LP. Waterman International (short) cartridges should fit it. If ever you see an original set 9/10 it includes a box of 6 cartridges.

Ref: the LP. Waterman International (short) cartridges should fit it. If ever you see an original set 9/10 it includes a box of 6 cartridges.

Technically they fit, but they do not stay in place. They are slightly narrower than the Pelikan 4001s.

• 3 weeks later...

I have several...

Waterman Carene X2

Waterman 452 w/sterling overlay

Waterman 452 1/2v w/sterling overlay

Lady Patricia

Waterman 52 with a gold snail overlay

Waterman w5

Waterman 513

Waterman skywriter

Not sure of the model on a couple, one has a glass cartridge, and the other has a grey and red pattern

And the crowning glory, a sterling silver Edson prototype.

Oh and nearly forgot I just acquired a mint red ripple 52 set

Edited by AnandaUK

Um. Wow.

So a co-worker of mine that I don't really know just swung by my desk and dropped off a little holiday gift.

Her grandfather's Waterman 412 eyedropper in black hard rubber with a silver overlay and flex nib. She *gave* it to me. Because I'm the only fountain pen person she knows. I did advise her that this is not an inexpensive pen; the first page I pulled up listed one for $300. She said no, they wouldn't have wanted to sell it, and now it's in the hands of someone who will restore it and appreciate it.

So I repeat: Um. Wow.

Pictures when I get home.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Here's the pen I was given today:

24972253328_ec09fbe15a_b.jpg

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

There's probably something pathological about this, but I have ten (10) Waterman fountain pens:

4 - Edsons (1 Sterling Ltd. Edition, 2 Black Diamond, 1 Green)

3 - Carenes (1 Gunmetal, 1 Deluxe Black, 1 Blue/Silver cap)

3 - Liaisons (1 Cobra, 1 Burgundy, 1 Ebonite red/brown)

Of my Watermans, I enjoy Edsons and Carenes the most, although they are sometimes too smooth for my tastes. The Liaisons all seem to have feed problems, which cause them to start dry and skip a lot. This seems to be an issue with all Liaisons made, which might be why Waterman discontinued the line. I love their looks, however, and I suspect a good nibmeister can probably fix them easily. I will probably sell them eventually.

Watermans were once my favorites overall, but I've since moved on to others, including Pelikan and Sailor, which is one of my favorites at the moment. I especially like the Sailor King of Pen. (I have big hands.)

Cheers!

Edited by WMH

Here's the pen I was given today:

24972253328_ec09fbe15a_b.jpg

Congratulations!. You are fortunate of course, although I can understand the the giver's thinking and their confidence.

X

Congratulations!. You are fortunate of course, although I can understand the the giver's thinking and their confidence.

It definitely blew my mind. :)

Yesterday I bought my first Waterman, a Hemisphere ballpoint.

I have to confess that I, too, have (and occasionally even use) ballpoints – three Hémisphères (steel, green, and marbled green, with different refills) and a Graduate. As far as ballpoints go, Waterman is one of the best brands.

In current use: Cleo Skribent Classic, Waterman Expert, Diplomat Excellence, Pineider Avatar, Sheaffer Targa (the good old Sheaffer, not one Made in China)

As for the Waterman FPs I own:

1 Graduate

2 Hémisphères (black and green)

2 Experts II (grey and black GC)

– all of them with fine nibs. All of them beautifully fluent writers: not too wet, never dry.

If I may add a word of thanks to this forum, and to the FP Network as a whole: I thank all of you for giving me the feeling I'm not a total freak, possessing an ever-growing collection of FPs. Previously I was almost ashamed to admit to people that I have 5 Watermans, 8 Diplomats, 4 MBs, 2 Lamys, 2 Ohtos,… But after seeing some of the postings in this thread, I realize that I'm just a beginner. :D

In current use: Cleo Skribent Classic, Waterman Expert, Diplomat Excellence, Pineider Avatar, Sheaffer Targa (the good old Sheaffer, not one Made in China)

The one and only Waterman i own right now. A vintage Waterman 12 BCHR. I was really patient to find what i was looking for and i think i did. i think that the pen is over 100 years old. Cosmetically it is not in the best condition (when it comes to the body) but the nib is INCREDIBLE. Exactly what i was looking for. A full flex EEF nib with great responsiveness. It is the closest nib to the dip nibs i own like the zebra G ones'. The nib has a lot of feedback but that is to be expected from such a fine nib (finer than a pilot falcon SEF. Lokk at the second picture). it is not scratchy though. I really love it and i also like the patina of the nib! I really do not push this nibs very very much but it sill has incredible line variation! One of the pens that always be in my collection!

what do you think?

IMG_20171206_003609_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171205_202018_HDR.jpg

Edited by friedrichwild

I have ten (10) Waterman fountain pens:

4 Edsons -- Sterling Silver Ltd. Ed., Green, 2 Black Diamond

3 Carenes - Gunmetal, Classic, Blue w/silver cap

3 Liaisons - Cobra, Burgundy, Ebonite (red/brown)

I love the Edsons and Carenes, but the Liaisons, not so much.

The one and only Waterman i own right now. A vintage Waterman 12 BCHR. I was really patient to find what i was looking for and i think i did. i think that the pen is over 100 years old. Cosmetically it is not in the best condition (when it comes to the body) but the nib is INCREDIBLE. Exactly what i was looking for. A full flex EEF nib with great responsiveness. It is the closest nib to the dip nibs i own like the zebra G ones'. The nib has a lot of feedback but that is to be expected from such a fine nib (finer than a pilot falcon SEF. Lokk at the second picture). it is not scratchy though. I really love it and i also like the patina of the nib! I really do not push this nibs very very much but it sill has incredible line variation! One of the pens that always be in my collection!

what do you think?

IMG_20171206_003609_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171205_202018_HDR.jpg

Impressive pen, and very impressive writing.

Impressive pen, and very impressive writing.

Thank you Laureat75. I really love this pen and i wanted to share my happiness with you!!!!

Thank you Laureat75. I really love this pen and i wanted to share my happiness with you!!!!

I suspect many hours have gone into perfecting your handwriting - and it shows. Well done.

(The pen's quite good, too!)

I suspect many hours have gone into perfecting your handwriting - and it shows. Well done.

(The pen's quite good, too!)

first picture: Three years ago when i purchased my first flexible fountain pen (a Noodlers ahab) (after two weeks of practising).

Second picture: almost three months ago (with my wahl eversharp flexible)

And i did not want to make my words better at any cost. I just enjoyed flex writing some much that i finally got better and better through time without much pressure. If you love it there is no other way !!!

ps: The words i write does not make any sense.

IMG_20150221_160736.jpgIMG_20170911_123753_HDR.jpg

My newest addition:

fpn_1512930626__20171210_111402_resized_

fpn_1512930561__20171210_111251_resized_

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

• 2 weeks later...

My newest addition:

fpn_1512930626__20171210_111402_resized_

fpn_1512930561__20171210_111251_resized_

Nice Stallion. ( l'Étalon)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~