• RMN

• Sinistral1

• HalloweenHJB

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waterman Exception Precious Metal in Solid Gold & Sterling Silver

Beautiful set of pens!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a poor, so I have only three Watermans, all with fine nibs:

Carene Blue Obsession

Hemisphere Blue Obsession

Waterman Kultur Purple.

I love them all.

I'll have to wait until fall to buy another one. :(

The next will probably be a Charleston, but if my finances are still rocky, then it will be an Expert.

Just two for now:

Carène Blue Obsession (F).

Edson Emerald (F).

They are grand pens, specially the Edson, and I love how they look and feel; unfortunately, that's about it! While both of them are great writers, their nibs don't have any distinguishing characteristics, given their high price (many el-cheapo pens write equally well). May be I should focus on the vintage Waterman's pens.

Edited by ILM

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum - and own 2 Waterman pens - for now.

I bought them at the same time in the stationery department of Marshall Field's department store (now Macy's) when I worked in downtown Chicago. To me they are gorgeous pens. I was so ignorant about Waterman's that I tossed the box during one of me frequent moves...

:wacko: oh, well.

I'm cleaning the FP for the 1st time (gasp!) today....I knew nothing about FBs until I started reading the forum posts here in FPN.

• FP = Ideal Exclusive 18k 750 nib M Black Lacquer
  • RB = Le Man 200 Rollerball Rhapsody in Mineral Green (with Fiber Tip)

Waterman%2BRollerball.JPG

Pen%2Bcleaning.JPG

Edited by loulu10
  • Waterman Ideal Exclusive Black Lacquer 18K nib fountain pen.
  • Waterman Man 200 Rhapsody Fiber Tip Mineral Green rollerball.
  • Set: '72 Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe GT Fountain  Pen + '78 Parker 180 Flighter CT Floating Ball / Fiber Tip. 
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Ring Cap, Sheaffer 2d & 3d Gen Pens.

• 1 month later...

I only have one, but I like it. It is a Waterman Kultur as I understand it.

But I will get more I´m pretty sure of.

Bought it in 1999 on my way to celebrate the millenium.

I bought it for fun and I was a fan at the time. Used it a lot in the beginning but then it stayed bouncing around in a drawer for many years thinking it was a embarrasing motive.

My urge for using fountainpens again started about 2 years ago and for that reason I started using it again. Since then I got a few more pens but I still go back this pen because it is a very nice writer. It has some properties that seems to suit me.

And I´m not ashamed of it sometimes I bring to a meeting. When holding it in the hand the colors and shape can be misstaken for a classic fountainpen and people says: Aah... you have a fountainpen! Can I look at it ? Whaaaat... :lol:

post-135240-0-11041400-1490222573.jpg

post-135240-0-97268700-1490222586.jpg

post-135240-0-66860500-1490222598.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Talk about from the ridiculous to the sublime - Lara Croft to Olive Ripple! Both cool, of course.

That ripple is from djstrong, right, judging by that writing? Gorgeous. He sells some lovely stuff.

My sole Waterman is this:

post-132145-0-36976100-1492796860_thumb.jpg

Any guesses as to what it is? Answers on a postcard... or here!

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/321897-welcome-to-todays-edition-of-whats-my-waterman/

Edited by MercianScribe

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

It turns out I had a No 12 from the early 1900s sitting on the table next to me, too! Pretty exciting... haven't cleaned it up or tried opening it yet, though, so I won't put up a pic. My first eyedropper!

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Edson- Ruby, Emerald, Cobalt Blue, Diamond Black

Carene- Amber, Black, Gold, Blue with Gold, and a Deluxe

Expert- multiple Expert 3, Expert 2, and Expert 1

Phileas- multiple colors

Charlston- 2 Blue, 3 Black, 2 Ivory, and 1Yellow

And a few novelty pens from Europe.

Whewwww...I didn't realize I had that many..lol

I have one emerald Edson from early on in my pen purchasing. I have felt it was not a good buy at the price, having a crack near the top end of the barrel and spotting ink from the section, although it writes very well, F nib, and otherwise is in fine condition.

I had no intention of gathering any more of them, until I noticed here on a-bey australia an "unused" sapphire Edson with box and papers at about half the price they are offered BiN overseas. In fact, the paltry description suggested it was a ballpoint which seemed quite plausible at the price. I was about to toss it in to "chuckle a day" when I decided first to enquire from the 100% seller, just to confirm the "scam". It was indeed a fountain pen. I bought it, at the same time noting an identical item going for 25% more at auction in Britain.

I have waited until it arrived before commenting, in case I would find myself opening an e-bay case. It is almost as described, certainly unused with not a trace of ink in the converter or feed, yet there is a small nick on the barrel. Everything is in the case but the outside of the case has pressed groove marks. These are apparently from two Parker aerometric fillers which were inside the cardboard box against the Edson pen case, presumably jammed there for a long time. :unsure:

Inked and writing, F nib again. Looks like I have two now. Show me no ruby ones, although I might swap for two Parker aerometric parts. B)

X

I think some waterman pens look very nice but for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger on any.

The look impresses me a lot less than several other pens I have, of varying prices. I like it much more when the cap has temporarily vanished somewhere.

Were there design variations? The barrel ends differ between these two.

X

I just got my first Waterman. Nothing fancy, just a clear Kultur with a fine nib!

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Two Waterman's in my household:

• A pink Audace I gave to my significant one
  • A Hundred Year Pen De Luxe in grooved red Lucite

• 2 weeks later...

One Waterman entry level chrome Hemisphere. Fine nib, bought on sale. I like it very much. It is not my last. Like Cross, they are very elegant.

Its all happened so quickly. :D

I have now in my wee pile.

An 88

A CF

2 mk1 Laureats

A mk2 Laureat

4 Maestros

A Master

A Supermaster

An Expert II

A Centurion

A Hemisphere

And a Perspective

I do like a Maestro ye ken.

Ian

Ian, you always make me laugh: thanks, mate!

My group of Watermans has recently grown by one: I have just acquired a beautiful red ripple 56 to join my BHR 52; BHR 74, blue ripple 94, two Hundred Year pens (full-size: black, plain and dark green, ribbed), Hundred Year (lady-size: dark green, ribbed) and BHR 58. Every single one of these has a lovely, flexible nib. It all sounds a bit self-indulgent, doesn't it?