• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• Sinistral1

• HalloweenHJB

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow these are stunning what is that Gold Exception? is that the vermeil?

Hi that's the vermeil one, from the collection The mark of time in 2006.

• 3 weeks later...

I own one Waterman Audace....bought many years ago M nib

A Paris is on her way and I am negotiating a limited Edition Phileas

Rita

Edited by PenPaper52

A Paris is on her way and I am negotiating a limited Edition Phireas

Rita

Ahhhh so, an LE Phireas 🤔

A Paris is on her way and I am negotiating a limited Edition Phireas

Rita

Ehh."Paris"? Is that a Waterman?

And the name of the pen is Phileas, and (Force was teasing you about it) I am not aware of LE Phileas pens. The Phileas was a good entry level pen, at the time available for about 10 to 15 Euro, but lately sellers are trying to pimp up regular Phileas pens and asking ridiculous prices. Beware of what you buy. Force has more knowledge about these pens than I do, and I remember him saying that a price of around 35 GBP (say 40 euro) is reasonable. Anything more is expensive.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Ehh."Paris"? Is that a Waterman?

And the name of the pen is Phileas, and (Force was teasing you about it) I am not aware of LE Phileas pens. The Phileas was a good entry level pen, at the time available for about 10 to 15 Euro, but lately sellers are trying to pimp up regular Phileas pens and asking ridiculous prices. Beware of what you buy. Force has more knowledge about these pens than I do, and I remember him saying that a price of around 35 GBP (say 40 euro) is reasonable. Anything more is expensive.

D.ick

Thanks D.ick. I edited my post before I read yours.

The Waterman Paris that I bought is a 'school pen'. Orange and yellow translucent plastic. I love school pens. The seller also offered a Shaeffer school pen. Still in the mail.

About the Limited Edition Phileas, its a Lara Croft, Tombstones. Just a fun fp. Paid a little over € 30.

Rita

Thanks D.ick. I edited my post before I read yours.

The Waterman Paris that I bought is a 'school pen'. Orange and yellow translucent plastic. I love school pens. The seller also offered a Shaeffer school pen. Still in the mail.

About the Limited Edition Phileas, its a Lara Croft, Tombstones. Just a fun fp. Paid a little over € 30.

Rita

Hi Rita, I was afraid so.

That LE you bought is not a Phileas. It is a Kultur. The Kultur is a lighter and cheaper version of the Phileas.

These days, with the hype about the Phileas, sellers tend to position the Kultur also as a Phileas. However it is not.

That said: The Kultur is not a bad pen, far from it. There are indeed several LE versions based on the Kultur. The Lara Croft series is one, and the Harley Davidson pens by Waterman were also based on the Kultur.

For that Lara Croft pen, the price does not seem too bad.

Please read here on the forum the various Phileas and Kultur posts.

And I seem to remember member Pajaro owns a set of Lara Crofts, but I'm not sure about that.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi Rita, I was afraid so.

That LE you bought is not a Phileas. It is a Kultur. The Kultur is a lighter and cheaper version of the Phileas.

These days, with the hype about the Phileas, sellers tend to position the Kultur also as a Phileas. However it is not.

That said: The Kultur is not a bad pen, far from it. There are indeed several LE versions based on the Kultur. The Lara Croft series is one, and the Harley Davidson pens by Waterman were also based on the Kultur.

For that Lara Croft pen, the price does not seem too bad.

Please read here on the forum the various Phileas and Kultur posts.

And I seem to remember member Pajaro owns a set of Lara Crofts, but I'm not sure about that.

D.ick

Thanks again D.ick this is very helpful. I have decided to read a lot more before I buy anymore pens.

Better be safe than sorry...

Rita

I own a Charleston which I have used in my logs all over the world in many different climates and conditions for several decades. Of all my pens it writes the best, don't know why and some of my others are "corkers" but it is the one I love the best. I would love to have another one or a Waterman that wrote as well. Love it.

Hello to everybody, I have not as many as I would like to...so far

a 12

a 42

a 52 1/2

a 515

a C/F

a Laureat

a Le Man 100

a Phileas

a Hemisphere

All of them are beautiful !

Too many to name:

A bunch of Leman 200s

A bunch of Leman 100s

Some Carenes

Some Experts

And some more stuff

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

I have a black Waterman Harmonie, with a fine steel nib, a wonderful pen which I used a lot. I do not know how rare it is, the problem I have with it is that after the pen fell from my desk, the nib tip was slightly deformed and now it scratches the paper. I tried to find a spare one, but it looks that Harmonie nibs are very hard to find. I like a lot this pen, keeping it carefully, although I cannot use it anymore.

I am a fan of and collect 1990's Waterman pens such as

- Waterman Gentleman (Blue, Green, Tortoise, Burgundy),

- Waterman Le Man 200 (Green Ripple, Blue Ripple, Orange Riple, Sterling Silver, Caviar, and Blue Caviar),

- Waterman Patrician (Blue),

- Waterman Exclusive (Black, Blue Marble, Tortoise, Brown Marble),

- Waterman Crane's pen (Blue, Green, and Burgundy),

- Waterman Executive (Blue and Burgundy), and

- Waterman CF (Tortoise).

Writing this list highlights now one's collection can get out of hand. But, I must admit that thoroughly enjoy using them! Some of my favorites are my Waterman Caviar (white and blue) and Waterman Patrician pens as well as my Waterman Crane's pens and my Waterman Gentleman Burgundy pens.

The weights for these pens are great as I enjoy being able to feel the pen in my hand as I write, and I enjoy the feel of the lacquer finish. The girth of the Waterman Le Man 200 and Waterman Patrician pens and pencils is perfect for extended writing periods. What I particularly appreciate is the quality of these pens -- all the finishes are perfect, without wear or tear, the gold accents are without tarnish or wear, and the gold nibs are perfect, without tarnish, wear, or corosion. Magnificent!

Edited by elysee

• 3 weeks later...

Waterman's L2 with a Waterman's CAL 14ct nib (calligraphy nib which is about 1mm wide). In shiney Dark Blue and golden highlight.

It needs a new sac. :(