The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Waterman pens do you own?

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#901 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,439 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:27

Re-awakening this thread surprised me when I saw that I had mentioned four Watermans above with a slightly jokey comment about "starting to get serious". Ah, the good old days, or naivety of youth, or some such.

My Waterman list now comprises these twelve (photos another time):
Exception Ideal black
Expert II
Edson, in emerald
Man 100 Opera, pre-1990
Man 100 Opera, circa 1997 (globe nib)
3 x Man 100 Patricians, in red, green and blue
32 in plain black celluloid
52, red hard rubber
52, gold-filled (0552)
52 1/2V, black hard rubber

Of the more modern eight pens, F and M nibs are four each. The older four ( the x2 pens) have fine but somewhat flexy nibs. I would say I am especially in love with using the Man 100s except I would not be parted from most of the others, either. Right now, the 32 (2A nib), 52 RHR and 52 1/2V are inked and all a pleasure to use.

At the moment I am still establishing my Onoto collection so the Waterman side is likely to remain quiet unless I see some good opportunity, most probably adding to the x2 or Man 100 sets rather than expanding into new areas (or adding Edsons).

A stub Carène is sadly missing.....

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Sponsored Content

#902 praxim

praxim

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:11

A stub Carène is sadly missing.....

D.ick

You do this with malicious intent... ;)

unsigned

#903 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:50

I just bought my first le Man 200 NOS - it completes my Waterman collection! I only collected the Gentlemans and their two predecessors (Man 21 and Faucette). The le Man succeeded the Gentleman.

I welcome anyone here to correct my timeline sequence if it's wrong or if I'm missing a pen in the lineup. Thank you!

Breathe.  Take one step at a time.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  You're not getting older, you are only moving through time.  Be calm and positive.

#904 praxim

praxim

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:28

To my list above I have added a 52 red ripple and a 452 1/2v, and now feel comfortable with the list, excepting that I plan to sell one of the Operas rather than keeping two of the same pen, same colour.

unsigned

#905 Frank66

Frank66

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:22

I have a Waterman Expert Black Fountain pen with gold plated clip and a M nib that I have ground to an EEF size (EF japanese).  I find this is one of my best ergonomic and balanced pens for my hand.  When I write with it, the sound the ground nib makes on the paper is like the windsurf board crossing the sea water, I so much adore it...

#906 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:06

fpn_1473755009__image.jpeg

Here is my Gentleman collection starting at left with a Faucette, then a Man 21 with a Super 6 nib and one with a regular nib, then the Gentlemen in gold, silver, black, blue, green, maroon and brown.  The one at the bottom is my pride and joy - a blue Gentleman owned by the King of Jordan for use as a gift to guests.  Sorry the photo is so dark, it was taken with my phone.

Edited by Sinistral1, 13 September 2016 - 09:08.

Breathe.  Take one step at a time.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  You're not getting older, you are only moving through time.  Be calm and positive.

#907 Adi_007

Adi_007

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 16:08

I have just the one Silver Hemisphere and it is my best writer...

#908 CatHerder

CatHerder

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 17:25

Only have one at present, a hemisphere fine point. Sadly, the best (smoothest writer) I ever owned is no longer around. Bought it about 40 years ago at harrods in London; used it for probably 10 years before I dropped it (on the nib, of course).

#909 furious

furious

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 20:14

As of today:

Hundred Year Pen maroon Amber jewel
Medalist black gold filled clip and band
Preface silver plate
52 celluloid green with red veins
3 black nickel trim
32 black red veins

All are excellent writers.

#910 eliweisz

eliweisz

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 20:23

Waterman 52V, flexible oblique nib:

24995500662_8c5eec3494_c.jpg

Currently inked: Pelikan M600 14K F | Sheaffer Vigilant 14K 0.5mm stub | Parker 51 Vacumatic (UK) 14K 0.8 stub | Parker Vacumatic Major 14K F | Delta Dolcevita Federico Media OB | Platinum 3776 14K SF | Kaweco Liliput Eco Brass Wave F | Kaweco Classic Sport 1.1 stub | Pilot 78G B |

Sponsored Content

|