What Waterman pens do you own?

Onion

As I mentioned in my introduction, my wife bought me a Muji fountain pen, and that served as a catalyst to bring me back to fountain pens. However, the first pen I bought on my own after rediscovering them was a Waterman "Expert." I am really enjoying discovering its characteristics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• Sinistral1

• HalloweenHJB

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I just have one, a fine point Phileas fountain pen in the older red marble design. My collection is pretty small, and so far I've been looking more at getting a variety of brands than a variety of models within a single brand.

• 4 weeks later...

I now have two carene, and I really love the coral red one. But I am trying to collect the le man 100 green wood because it is so pretty. The design of waterman is just marvelous.

• 2 weeks later...

Vintage Watermans are my favorite. Hard Rubber especially. I try to collect as many 52's as possible and have around 10 in different configurations, normal, small, ringtop, cardinal red, RMHR, BCHR, and a blue tan marbled celluloid one. 12PSF, 55 BHR, 54 BCHR, 94, Emblem pen, 515, Commando, Moss Agate - Lady Patricia, 92, and 3V. 2 Man 100 black, 2 Man 100 Opera. A 351? which I can't find any information on. Plus a bunch of broken ones that I use for parts. That's about it. All of them have excellent nibs with feeds that always keep up. One day, I'll find a nice #7, but I don't want to fall down that rabbit hole just yet!

Got my first Waterman today, a blue marble Phileas, for $10 even. I spent about 25 minutes on the internet trying to figure out what model the pen was.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought my first Waterman, a very pretty black rubber 52 1/2V from Peyton street pens--so looking forward to it! This one feels really special!

I just bought my first Waterman, a very pretty black rubber 52 1/2V from Peyton street pens--so looking forward to it! This one feels really special!

Wow, you're lucky, Kate.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Have two Waterman 52 1/2 Vs.

I keep getting sniped on the regular 52s, 32s and the earlier eyedroppers :(

I was lucky enough to come across a 52 in woodgrain --I have a couple of the Red Ripples, and this looks rather different. The nib is a very responsive semi-flex #2.

A few photos (apologies for the poor quality iPhone pics):

fpn_1432817490__waterman_wood-display.jp

fpn_1432817525__waterman_wood-nib.jpg

fpn_1432817543__waterman_wood-sample.jpg

[The shine is not sheen; the ink is still wet]

Sorry that I'm on vacation and you'll have to wait a few days ..... Get your inks and paper poised for action!

Thanks!

Teri

I am looking forward to my pen (after the 2nd), but even more I hope you are enjoying your vacation! I just found Peyton Street pens and love looking at the offerings especially the ring top Watermans.

This pen is absolutely gorgeous. And it has clearly fallen into the right hands. Beautiful!

I was lucky enough to come across a 52 in woodgrain --I have a couple of the Red Ripples, and this looks rather different. The nib is a very responsive semi-flex #2.

A few photos (apologies for the poor quality iPhone pics):

fpn_1432817490__waterman_wood-display.jp

fpn_1432817525__waterman_wood-nib.jpg

fpn_1432817543__waterman_wood-sample.jpg

[The shine is not sheen; the ink is still wet]

Only the Waterman Carène, I love it. The writing is very smooth and the design is a reflection of waterman's style and culture. They are an old brand that still survives today for that very reason.

Waterman Carene, Parker 75 ciesle, Mont Blanc Noblesse VIP, Parker Sonnet, Sheaffer Prelude, Lamy Studio, Cross Beverly.

OK, I had to splurge. A really beautiful specimen: Waterman 514 from around 1915. Excellent condition, and bold writer:

fpn_1433006421__waterman_514-uncapped.jp

Compared to a slimmer and more dainty 05512-1/2:

fpn_1433006366__waterman_514_vs_552_half

fpn_1433006381__waterman_514_vs_552_half

And now the sample. It's a very generous writer, and makes the de Atramentis Myrrh ink look great:

fpn_1433006397__waterman_514-sample.jpg

Got my first Waterman today, a blue marble Phileas, for $10 even. I spent about 25 minutes on the internet trying to figure out what model the pen was.

That is definitely a sumgai. The cheapest blue marble Phileas with a fine nib on eBay currently is $160. I've been hunting a fine nib Phileas at a reasonable price for two months.

I have:

6 Laureats (including one rollerball in a set)

6 Phileas

Expert I

Expert II

Executive

A CF FP/RB set

My fountain pen obsession started with a classic black Expert II that I received as a 21st birthday gift, followed by a Sea Green Carene for my 30th. Have since acquired another Carene black with a silver reeded top, Expert II rollerball in Oriental Red (think this is the colour) and a black Expert II ballpoint.