What Waterman pens do you own?

Onion

I've got a couple of Laureat (a blue marble & a brown marble) and a stainless steel Hemisphere. I couldn't get any joy from the Hemisphere with Waterman ink - it skipped very annoyingly and was a poor starter too.

Then, I happened to pop some Montblanc Daniel Defoe special edition in it and it's been great all week! Let's face it, the ink cost almost as much as the pen so I'm not sure it's a permanent or cost effective fix, but I had to do something with the ink in the Montblanc Classique before I sent it for a nib exchange, and the ink bottle was at home. A great result for me so I'll give it a dollop of Mystery Black next week and see how that goes.

Montblanc Classique 145, Waterman Laureat, Waterman Hemisphere, Lamy Safari

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• Sinistral1

• HalloweenHJB

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well im a newb and started in december

I have

3 phileas

An expert 2

An expert 2 on the way with an L nib coming in

A hemisphere

A cpl of cf s

Do i have a problem?

Retired and trying to use FP more to write with

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Just the same problem the rest of us have!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 new watermans, the charleston was unused, and writes great.

The carene was used, but mint condition. Just cleaned it out and boy was the ink dry, but is clean now and write great.

Happy camper right now. Noticed cant tell nib size on carene, where is it under the nib?

Both are supposed to be fine.

post-118760-0-88251900-1421959161_thumb.jpg

post-118760-0-73130500-1421959175_thumb.jpg

Retired and trying to use FP more to write with

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have a black Waterman Harmonie. I've owned it for 15+ years, and used it nearly every working day for that time. I think I lost it twice, and found it again 6 months or more later (usually in the jacket pocket of a suit that hadn't been worn in some time). It needs to be cosmetically refurbished.

I also have a Waterman Hemisphere, but it is relegated to backup duty.

These are fantastic pens. I like the heavy weight and diameter in my hand. Once the ink is flowing, it feels like writing on silk. I take a lot of notes in my career, so I can interview someone for 2-3 hours without my hand getting tired.

post-120098-0-87271900-1422227720.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These are nearly all my Waterman safeties. From left to right:

46, 45 in Ripple Red, 44 with 14k continental overlay from Vienna after 1925, 45 with two wide 9k plain bands hallmarked in the UK in 1916/17, 42 1/2 with two wide 9k plain bands hallmarked in the UK in 1920/21, 12S with two wide goldfilled chased bands from about 1909/10 (note the threading at the end), 42 with unidentified 14k continental overlay, 42 with brass snake, 12 1/2 V.S. BABY in mottled with narrow 18k plain bands, 42 1/2 V in mottled.

The missing pen is a second generation 14S without any bands or overlay.

Cepasaccus

post-91927-0-42496100-1423315889_thumb.jpg

We've managed to accumulate two 52s: a red woodgrain with a stub nib and a black nickel-plated with a John Mottishaw tweaked medium; there's two 52 1/2 v pens: one with a wide gold band and a semiflex nib and a black chased-rubber job with a somewhat nicer nib.

Then there's a black Commando that needs a new barrel and a blue 515 that needs a new sac. And I just bought a Lady Patricia and I don't know what it needs yet, but it's a very vulgar black and pearlized little thing: I've got a soft spot in my heart for little piebald pens. But Waterman just has the best damn nibs. I have a couple of Wahls but it's not the same.

These are nearly all my Waterman safeties. From left to right:

46, 45 in Ripple Red, 44 with 14k continental overlay from Vienna after 1925, 45 with two wide 9k plain bands hallmarked in the UK in 1916/17, 42 1/2 with two wide 9k plain bands hallmarked in the UK in 1920/21, 12S with two wide goldfilled chased bands from about 1909/10 (note the threading at the end), 42 with unidentified 14k continental overlay, 42 with brass snake, 12 1/2 V.S. BABY in mottled with narrow 18k plain bands, 42 1/2 V in mottled.

The missing pen is a second generation 14S without any bands or overlay.

Cepasaccus

MAGNIFICENT!

I'm trying to build a moderately representative collection. Right now I have some of the main models (e.g., #52 Red Ripple, #3 Steel Quartz, Commando, 100 Year Red, etc.)

fpn_1423577547__waterman_pens.jpg

The #52 BCHR is worthy of a portrait...

fpn_1423576300__waterman_bchr-hjb.jpeg

A Charleston, a Phileas AND a gorgeous #52 Red Ripple I just received today! Seems to have lots of flex but I don't have enough experience to know for sure.

j1020

A Charleston, a Phileas AND a gorgeous #52 Red Ripple I just received today! Seems to have lots of flex but I don't have enough experience to know for sure.

We would love to admire that 52 Red Ripple....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Oh, I'd love to see your 12 1/2 pen, especially the nib and a writing sample. It must be cute with a capital "C"!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Oh, I'd love to see your 12 1/2 pen, especially the nib and a writing sample. It must be cute with a capital "C"!

I'm at the office but I promise to post something once I'm home! :)

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Here we go: PICTURE TIME!!

http://i.imgur.com/QaRjWZk.jpg

Just for size comparison: A jinhao x750, a platinum 3776, and a Waterman Secretary 12 1/2

http://i.imgur.com/ihVPoEC.jpgMy pencil/pen case is very mature and grown up, thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/Fyffzph.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tQCTkQS.jpg

The paper is a teeny tiny Rhodia dot Pad:

http://i.imgur.com/NxT5iVk.jpg

Edited by HollyGolightly

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Thanks for the demo! Very pretty 12 1/2 - I like the gold bands.

My first "Real" fountain pen was a Waterman Phileas medium nib. Blue marble. I loved it and carried it everywhere and then 5 years after I bought it I lost it. Boy was I shocked to find out it cost three times as much as I paid for it to get a new one. I bought one anyway thinking this was a medium they didn't specify, and it ended up being a fine. I still really like it.

Then I started looking around at pens in general and decided to buy an antique pen. found a Watermans lady Corinth on eBay- new old stock, it was $20 with a 14 karat gold nib. That was a pretty good deal I think. I write with it now and its almost super smooth, but the problem is I think the ink flow is too fast and I need to figure out how to fix that. I'm going to try it with a darker ink to see if that takes care of the problem. I was using Noodlers brown. Writing with a fountain pen is such an art, and there are so many factors, including the kind of paper, ink, etc. It's very hard to tell what the personality of your pen is right away. now I'm hooked and I want to restore them. Love the old pens.