wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,051 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2010 - 13:13

it seems as if the "report" button is not an option for the mobile skin

Could be - I've never used it so far, actually; I first need to get a new cell phone, but it isn't the highest item on my priority list :D. The Mobile skin is a very much tuned down version of the normal skins, to keep overhead as much down as possible. The report option is a feature with extensive overhead for sure; it locks and reads from a very large amount of tables in the message database.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#23 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 13:21

so is the mobile skin a Read Only version?
IF we sign in, we potentially will have some sign-in issues when we return to our pc's after using the mobile device?
Obviously without sign in you can only view some of FPN, and not personal profile/messages.

Btw..the Droid is Fun-stuff : D
edited to add, how are you gentlemen with huge fingers able to use these scrolly-tap devices? amazing and perplexing at the same time!
also there is an App for handwriting-who Knows how to work the thing with one's fingers?? haven't discerned whether a stylus of some sort is possible. you can also draw, and have it presented as a video. very entertaining.

Edited by pen2paper, 18 July 2010 - 13:25.

Posted Image~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#24 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,051 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2010 - 13:26

IF we sign in, we potentially will have some sign-in issues when we return to our pc's after using the mobile device?
Obviously without sign in you can only view some of FPN, and not personal profile/messages.

edited to add, how are you gentlemen with huge fingers able to use these scrolly-tap devices? amazing and perplexing at the same time!

AFAIK, you can post from the mobile skin, provided you are logged in, and you should be able to select the normal skin regardless.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#25 jniforat

jniforat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 18:48

AFAIK, you can post from the mobile skin, provided you are logged in, and you should be able to select the normal skin regardless.

Warm regards, Wim

I post from the Mobile Skin frequently. I am not able to log in via the mobile skin, however, as it does give an option to log in. So, I normal switch to the Lo-Fi skin, log in, and then switch to the Mobile Skin. Since i live in an area where the signal is not great, the Lo-Fi skin will post a message 3-6 times, and the mobile skin will post it 2-3 times.

but yes, one can definitely post on the mobile skin. it's much easier to do it on the mobile skin than on the lo-fi skin.

[Sponsored Content]