The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Another Cracked Lamy 2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GOB Bluth

GOB Bluth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:59

I noticed yesterday, as I was about to pack my Lamy 2000 up for a trade, that a crack had developed near the nib section. This is well-documented to have happened before, generally in the same section of the pen.
FPN example 1

FPN example 2

FPN Example 3

Another Example

Here is the crack in my pen.
Link to my pen

I sent it back to Lamy c/o Filofax yesterday.

Any idea on the turnaround time for them to send it back to me? Should I expect a new pen?

Edited by schwab0802, 11 June 2010 - 11:00.

Sponsored Content

#2 bphollin

bphollin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 16:36

I sent two older Lamy 2000s to them last summer for general maintenance and the turnaround was about two weeks. Don't expect a new pen. The piece that cracked screws off of the barrel, and that's what they'll replace. You should probably see it returned with the same body and nib/feed unit.

#3 Daosus

Daosus

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 22:26

Mine took exactly 2 weeks the first time I sent it in, and 17 days the second. The first time, they replaced just the front section, the second the whole pen (but not the cap).

#4 GOB Bluth

GOB Bluth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 15:18

Mine took exactly 2 weeks the first time I sent it in, and 17 days the second. The first time, they replaced just the front section, the second the whole pen (but not the cap).

Did you receive any notification from Lamy that they received the pen or what they are going to do to it? Or, did you just blindly receive it back in the mail two weeks later?

Sponsored Content

|